1.    #1  
    'Trophy video' under investigation

"A video posted on the Internet that appears to show private security contractors in Iraq shooting at Iraqi citizens is being investigated by British officials. The Sunday Telegraph reported that both the British Foreign Office and the company connected to the video, Aegis Defense Services, have launched investigations into the video.

The video first appeared on the site www.aegisIraq.co.uk which carries the disclaimer that it is not an official site of Aegis, but "belongs to the men on the ground who are the heart and soul of the company." Aegis, which was recently awarded a multimillion-dollar contract by the US government to provide security in Iraq, was started in 2002 by a former Scots Guard officer, Lt. Col. Tim Spicer.

In one of the videoed attacks, a Mercedes is fired on at a distance of several hundred yards before it crashes in to a civilian taxi. In the last clip, a white civilian car is raked with machine gun fire as it approaches an unidentified security company vehicle. Bullets can be seen hitting the vehicle before it comes to a slow stop.

There are no clues as to the shooter but either a Scottish or Irish accent can be heard in at least one of the clips above Elvis Presley's Mystery Train, the music which accompanies the video."
    ------------------------------------------

I am SICK of these "contractor" companies! It pisses me off that they make SO MUCH more than our troops for the same tasks. Talk about demoralizing! And if this above story turns out to be true.... arrrrgggg!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    'Trophy video' under investigation

"A video posted on the Internet that appears to show private security contractors in Iraq shooting at Iraqi citizens is being investigated by British officials. The Sunday Telegraph reported that both the British Foreign Office and the company connected to the video, Aegis Defense Services, have launched investigations into the video.

The video first appeared on the site www.aegisIraq.co.uk which carries the disclaimer that it is not an official site of Aegis, but "belongs to the men on the ground who are the heart and soul of the company." Aegis, which was recently awarded a multimillion-dollar contract by the US government to provide security in Iraq, was started in 2002 by a former Scots Guard officer, Lt. Col. Tim Spicer.

In one of the videoed attacks, a Mercedes is fired on at a distance of several hundred yards before it crashes in to a civilian taxi. In the last clip, a white civilian car is raked with machine gun fire as it approaches an unidentified security company vehicle. Bullets can be seen hitting the vehicle before it comes to a slow stop.

There are no clues as to the shooter but either a Scottish or Irish accent can be heard in at least one of the clips above Elvis Presley's Mystery Train, the music which accompanies the video."
    ------------------------------------------

I am SICK of these "contractor" companies! It pisses me off that they make SO MUCH more than our troops for the same tasks. Talk about demoralizing! And if this above story turns out to be true.... arrrrgggg!
    Agreed. If this is true, they should be prosecuted as attempted murder, murder and/or acts of terrorism.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Agreed. If this is true, they should be prosecuted as attempted murder, murder and/or acts of terrorism.
    I also agree. I'd also note the superiority of a worldview that recognizes such acts for what they are: criminal aberrations deserving of the harshest possible punishment.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  4.    #4  
    This appears to be the video in quickime and [URL=http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Aegis-PSD.wmv]windows media[/URL.

I can't say that it appears to be definitive of anything since in each clip the shooter could claim they were being pursued by bad guys.
    Hard to tell with video clips...they're easily taken out of context. (Rodney King, call your answering service.)

I'd like to hear the radio transmissions that are taking place, as well as the conversations within the cars.