1.    #1  
    Not content with accusing Bush of screwing up the planet (this one - Earth), certain loons now think he's set on starting intergalactic war.

Former Canadian Minister Of Defence Asks Canadian Parliament Asked To Hold Hearings On Relations With Alien "Et" Civilizations
    Hellyer warned, "The United States military are preparing weapons which could be used against the aliens, and they could get us into an intergalactic war without us ever having any warning. He stated, "The Bush administration has finally agreed to let the military build a forward base on the moon, which will put them in a better position to keep track of the goings and comings of the visitors from space, and to shoot at them, if they so decide."
    I, for one, think the alien menace should be eradicated before they can pollute our precious bodily fluids.

Mods: I put this in "Off-Topic", but an alien war would obviously impact the release of any future Treos. Please move this post as appropriate.

Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Mods: I put this in "Off-Topic", but an alien war would obviously impact the release of any future Treos. Please move this post as appropriate.

I still think it should be in OT. (On a more serious question, why does Pres. Bush polarize people so badly? I know that Pres. Clinton definitely rubbed conservatives the wrong way but I just don't know if its close to being equal?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I still think it should be in OT. (On a more serious question, why does Pres. Bush polarize people so badly? I know that Pres. Clinton definitely rubbed conservatives the wrong way but I just don't know if its close to being equal?

t2gungho -- I'll offer a guess or two --

1. maybe it has to do with the fact that after he stole the presidency

2. he ignored the intense advice he recieved from Clinton and his staff about Bin Laden and terrorism,

3. he then proceeded to vacation for 9 months --

4. until these planes were flown into the World Trade Center.

5. After that he took advantage of the country's coming together and the upsurge in patriotism to manipulate us into a destructive unneccesary war against Saddam that he had wanted to fight since before he'd gotten to be president.

6. That so many lives, and bodies, and families have been damaged and destroyed because he's the most ignorant and demagogic president in that last 100 years (at least).

7. That he has sacrificed our planet's environment for the benefit of his oil industry cronies, that he has been able to pack the courts with anti-choice conservatives who will in time dramatically limit civil liberties and choice, that he has warped the economy and its tax system to give more help to the rich than the poor...

just some off the top of my head reasons ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    2gungho -- I'll offer a guess or two --

1. maybe it has to do with the fact that after he stole the presidency

2. he ignored the intense advice he recieved from Clinton and his staff about Bin Laden and terrorism,

3. he then proceeded to vacation for 9 months --

4. until these planes were flown into the World Trade Center.

5. After that he took advantage of the country's coming together and the upsurge in patriotism to manipulate us into a destructive unneccesary war against Saddam that he had wanted to fight since before he'd gotten to be president.

6. That so many lives, and bodies, and families have been damaged and destroyed because he's the most ignorant and demagogic president in that last 100 years (at least).

7. That he has sacrificed our planet's environment for the benefit of his oil industry cronies, that he has been able to pack the courts with anti-choice conservatives who will in time dramatically limit civil liberties and choice, that he has warped the economy and its tax system to give more help to the rich than the poor...

just some off the top of my head reasons ...
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Nah. It's all in your head. Clearly the left is much more temperate and sober in its handling of the Bush presidency.
    Last edited by phurth; 11/26/2005 at 08:44 PM.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...