1.    #1  
    Today we mourn a terrible loss. Today, another icon of my generation passes from among us. Yes, I'm talking about Pat Morita, our beloved "Mr. Miyagi". He shaped my way of thinking for years, and unbeknownst to my father, got me to do my chores because I hoped Dad was secretly teaching me something useful.
    He will be missed. May you rest in peace. You will forever be my "Sensei".
    *places DVD in player and smiles wistfully as pan flute begins to play*
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I was very sad to hear this news. He did provide a great deal of entertainment over the years (even if they should have stopped after the first karate kid).

BTW Doom, how's Jessica treating ya?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    I was very sad to hear this news. He did provide a great deal of entertainment over the years (even if they should have stopped after the first karate kid).

BTW Doom, how's Jessica treating ya?
    Jessica does me proud every day. She's the BEST!!
    As for The Karate Kid, no way dude! All the sequels were great! Ok, well, not the "Next" Karate Kid.
    It'll be fun.
    i was once a fan of Mr. Miyagi... i've watch the karate kid sequel from Ralph Macchio to Hilary Swank. was sad to know that he passed away
    Love is a chemical state of mind that's part of our genes and influenced by our upbringing. We are wired for romance in part because we are supposed to be loving parents who care diligently for our helpless babies.

Gadget begets gadgets
    wax on ... wax off...

i first remember him from 'happy days' as the cook...

sad to see him gone..
  6.    #6  
    Amen. Godspeed Miyagi.
    It'll be fun.