Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Don't ever presume to know my feelings.
    Feelings! Whoa whoa whoa feeeelings...!

What are the consequences of presumption?

Do you even know anyone that knows anyone that serves in the combat arms?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    By ignoring the Powell doctrine, the conflict automatically becomes unwinable.
    Must follow Dean, must follow Dean, must follow Dean
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Feelings! Whoa whoa whoa feeeelings...!

What are the consequences of presumption?

Do you even know anyone that knows anyone that serves in the combat arms?
    Are you saying I actually have to know someone personally in the military to feel a personal responsibility, as a citizen, when the military is put in harms way?
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Must follow Dean, must follow Dean, must follow Dean
    Actually I think it's following Colin Powell. And I know he advised Bush in that manner on Iraq and Cheney told Bush to ignore him.
  5.    #65  
    Are you saying I actually have to know someone personally in the military to feel a personal responsibility, as a citizen, when the military is put in harms way?
    No. I'm saying that you wouldn't give a rat's **** about the state of the military if you didn't think it was a hammer to hit Bush over the head with.
    Ouch. I agree with 1911 and yes dathomas it may help if you did. Maybe you would understand a little more of why the soldiers are willing (volunteer military) to risk their lives.

No. I'm saying that you wouldn't give a rat's **** about the state of the military if you didn't think it was a hammer to hit Bush over the head with.
    Am I the only one who finds this story absolutely stunning??? The biggest issue in the country and the Democrats can't even muster a position on it? This is a winning strategy for 2006?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...501814_pf.html

This article is a target-rich environment, but I've selected some random nuggets:
    There is consensus within the party that President Bush has mismanaged the war and that a new course is needed, but House Democrats should be free to take individual positions, she (Nancy Pelosi) said.
    So, she seems to be saying, "We're gonna take potshots at Bush, but we'll be damned if we're gonna actually do anything constructive..." Priceless.
    "There is no one Democratic voice . . . and there is no one Democratic position," Pelosi said in an interview with Washington Post reporters and editors.
    So the point (on the issue of Iraq) of having Democrats is what, exactly?
    Rep. Rahm Emanuel (Ill.), chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, said on the day Murtha offered his plan, "As for Iraq policy, at the right time, we'll have a position."
    Wow. Hello? We've been at war in Iraq since 2003. "At the right time"??? WTF?
    In a wide-ranging interview, Pelosi labeled the Republican-controlled Congress "the most corrupt in history" and repeated her assertion that Democrats will make ethics a central issue next year. She said that the issue and ethical climate in the country point to Democratic gains next year, and noted that if the elections were held today, Democrats would take control of the House.
    Good to see TC's left-wing residents are on the same page as Nancy Pelosi. Seriously - the public does not care about the so-called scandals the Democrats are squealing about. They care about security first and foremost. Not taking a position on Iraq is tantamount to giving up on the one issue (aside from the economy - which is still booming) that people care about. How clueless is the Democrat leadership?
    If Democrats are able to win the majority next year,
    Ha!
    Pelosi pledged aggressive oversight of the administration on issues including the war, intelligence and how the government responded to Hurricane Katrina.
    Cool. More investigations. Just what we need. What a great campaign platform.
    Pelosi said Democrats scored significant victories recently, the biggest coming on Social Security, on which she said Democratic opposition to Bush's proposed private or personal accounts blocked any hopes the White House had for changing the government retirement insurance program this year.

"Not only did we take him down on that, but we took down a lot of his credibility as being somebody who cared about 'people like me,' " she said.
    You lefties do realize that Bush is not running for anything, right? Are you for anything, or just against anything that Bush (and the public...) is for?

As of a few weeks ago, I was actually worried about the Republicans losing the Congress next year. Not any more. Thanks Nancy!
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    While I think some Dems/Liberals might feel this way, I think as an American, we all worry about our men and women who serve during wartime, regardless of who is President.

I doubt DA (or anyone else on TC) really only cares because it may be an issue that can be used against Pres. Bush.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234