Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Had we gone into afghanistan pre 911, Instead of complaining that the admin knew and didn't do anything to prevent it, you would be complaining that there was no justification to invade. The way I see it, the "rather fight them there than here" holds a lot of merit.

I'm sorry. I don't seem to recall you calling for a pre-9-11 invasion of Afghanistan. Please cite.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Half of America believes Elvis is still alive - and **** Cheney had nothing to do with it.
    Cite!
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Cite!
    From a lefty Rag
    at the bottom...
    Apparently its only 20% but quite high considering the average life expectancy factor
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    From a lefty Rag
    at the bottom...
    Apparently its only 20% but quite high considering the average life expectancy factor
    Yea, but your cite did not cite.
    Yea, but your cite did not cite.
    its at the bottom of the article
    if you weren't *****ing about bush, it would be kerry..... this conversation is useless. we've made a huge advance in the country of iraq, if that's not good then you don't deserve your freedom that i served 8.5 years to preserve. there are more colors that black and white. mission accomplishment comes first, troop welfare comes second. BUT, it's your freedom to complain about what i've just said. deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetahjeremy
    if you weren't *****ing about bush, it would be kerry..... this conversation is useless.
    Useless as in no value?...I doubt it.

we've made a huge advance in the country of iraq
    I think the question is 1) how much and 2) is it worth it?

, if that's not good then you don't deserve your freedom that i served 8.5 years to preserve.
    Think about this for a second...if someone disagrees with your assessment of 'good' then they aren't worthy of your sacrifice? Did you go into the military with this requirement? I doubt it...kind of silly to require it afer the fact.

there are more colors that black and white. mission accomplishment comes first, troop welfare comes second. BUT, it's your freedom to complain about what i've just said. deal with it.
    It appears that we can deal with it just fine. You find it undeserving but then acknowledge that its our freedom to complain (appears a little contradictory??)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Key Bush Intelligence Briefing Kept From Hill Panel

Some Quotes:

"Ten days after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, President Bush was told in a highly classified briefing that the U.S. intelligence community had no evidence linking the Iraqi regime of Saddam Hussein to the attacks and that there was scant credible evidence that Iraq had any significant collaborative ties with Al Qaeda, according to government records and current and former officials with firsthand knowledge of the matter.
    "One of the more intriguing things that Bush was told during the briefing was that the few credible reports of contacts between Iraq and Al Qaeda involved attempts by Saddam Hussein to monitor the terrorist group. Saddam viewed Al Qaeda as well as other theocratic radical Islamist organizations as a potential threat to his secular regime. At one point, analysts believed, Saddam considered infiltrating the ranks of Al Qaeda with Iraqi nationals or even Iraqi intelligence operatives to learn more about its inner workings, according to records and sources."

Oh my!
    Da, why does this suprise you? You and the rest of the world already know that he does not read his PDBs(See Aug. 6 2001 PDB).
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    if you weren't *****ing about bush, it would be kerry..... this conversation is useless. we've made a huge advance in the country of iraq, if that's not good then you don't deserve your freedom that i served 8.5 years to preserve.
    I respect your sevice but your statement that someone doesn't deserve their freedom because they don't support Bush's war, is just vulgar.
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 11/23/2005 at 02:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I respect your sevice but your statement that someone doesn't deserve their freedom because they don't support Bush's war, is just vulgar.
    Well said.

I may not agree with what someone says, what they believe, or how they voice their disagreement (IE protest in front of Army Hospital) BUT, I served over 20 years (not 8 1/2) to protect their right to voice their opinon.
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 11/23/2005 at 02:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12