Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    It actually cracks me up that in American football (aka Gridiron) only two players actually kick the ball (punter and kicker). And in soccer only the goalkeeper is actually allowed to handle the ball.

Which one do you think should be called football
    LOL!
    Do you also remember when the MLS was born, ESPN tried to riddle the game with more statistics than a baseball game talking about "Assists" etc. with bugs coming up all over the screen. Of course, they eventually came to their senses and the coverage now conforms to other international coverage and is very good.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Dude, the World Cup is the biggest sport event around the world. It happens only every 4 years. So people go like crazy even if their team is not playing...
    Go Brazil...!!

Al
    It was, like, sarcasm.

Soccer...yawn. Watching the grass on the field grow is more exciting than watching a dozen guys kick themselves in the shins.

Hey look, another 0-0 game! Any sport where 2-0 is a rout just doesn't interest me.
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    It was, like, sarcasm.

Soccer...yawn. Watching the grass on the field grow is more exciting than watching a dozen guys kick themselves in the shins.

Hey look, another 0-0 game! Any sport where 2-0 is a rout just doesn't interest me.
    LOL!
    OK, we'll leave you to your "synchronized swimming"...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    LOL!
    OK, we'll leave you to your "synchronized swimming"...
    Now THERE'S something worth watching!

A dozen chicks in bathing suits wrestling around with each other in the water.

Are you complaining?
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Now THERE'S something worth watching!

A dozen chicks in bathing suits wrestling around with each other in the water.

Are you complaining?
    Good point! I stand corrected!
    I hope they upgrade to bikinis...
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    Good point! I stand corrected!
    I hope they upgrade to bikinis...
    Bikinis and underwater cameras and you've got yourself instant ratings.
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Bikinis and underwater cameras and you've got yourself instant ratings.
    Oh yeah... how 'bout women's beach volleyball?
    No wonder they made it an olympic sport...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12