webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  NuttyBunny > NuttyPad Icons
NuttyPad Icons
View Poll Results: Which Icon should NuttyPad use?
Icon 1 8 29.63%
Icon 2 10 37.04%
Icon 3 1 3.70%
Icon 4 2 7.41%
Icon 5 1 3.70%
Icon 6 5 18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NuttyBunny
  • 1 Post By johncc

Old 11/12/2012, 11:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Ok people, I got 6 icons (all done by Texasflood, I couldn't find anymore on my gmail inbox).

I'm starting a poll with those 6. If you want yours included, PM me. NuttyPad free version should be out this week.

Icon 1

Icon 2

Icon 3

Icon 4

Icon 5

Icon 6

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg
NuttyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Stefan K likes this.
Thanked by PrinceAlbert, Stefan K
Old 11/12/2012, 11:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rnp

Icon 2, but with yellow wallpaper!

Best Regards...
Old 11/12/2012, 11:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Icon 2, but without pen and rubbber. And handwritten "NP" instead curve
Pilotovef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 11:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

Voto por el 2
Pierangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 06:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Or this variation on 2. Doesn't need a label. It will have a Nuttypad label written under it. (need to get rid of the black pen end. I don't know how. )
Attached Images
File Type: png NuttyPad Icon Test v4-a.png (12.6 KB, 10 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by johncc; 11/12/2012 at 06:56 PM.
johncc is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Pilotovef likes this.
Thanked By: Pilotovef
Old 11/13/2012, 03:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Been a while since I did these. Glad to see they might get some use!

I did all those a while back in relatively short time with a few variations. It's nice to get some feedback. The box I did these on crashed but IIRC the data on the drive was still accessible if I hooked it up, just won't boot. I'm on a work trip nearly 2,000 miles away from home at the moment but can have a look at modifying them if needed when I get home.
texasflood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 03:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
I'm on a work trip nearly 2,000 miles away from home at the moment but can have a look at modifying them if needed when I get home.
EXCUSES!

I agree with John on using one without the name since it will be under the icon, but that's just my two pennies. Other than that, I don't personally have a preference.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 04:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncc View Post
Or this variation on 2. Doesn't need a label. It will have a Nuttypad label written under it. (need to get rid of the black pen end. I don't know how. )
What about this one (#2), with an acorn being drawn, instead of the wavy line?

I suxor at art, so, no, I won't even attempt it.
Old 11/14/2012, 06:49 AM   #9 (permalink)

Icon 4 would be my choice. At least as a starting point - the simplist icons are the easiest to recognise, and also, make for less work if you need to up/down res the file.
Isandunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 07:32 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
EXCUSES!

I agree with John on using one without the name since it will be under the icon, but that's just my two pennies. Other than that, I don't personally have a preference.
Well back when I drew these I would have been able to do this remotely. But that laptop crashed and I just upgraded my primary router from the old E3000 to a newer E4200 but didn't remember to add my remote access port forwarding rules back in before I left, not that remote access rules would help me access a crashed box anyway, ;-) So.... not this trip,
Old 11/16/2012, 04:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

Where do you plan to publish the free version, the App Catalog or Preware? Looking so forward to this free and possibly enhanced paid version!
Stefan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2012, 04:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

I voted for 6. For whatever reason I don't like the one with the eraser.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2012, 10:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Would look like the below based on editing the above image, for best results I'd like to get to my originals for editing though.
Attached Images
File Type: png NuttyPad Icon Test v4b with color.png (4.4 KB, 5 views) Email Attachment
Thanked By: johncc
Old 11/16/2012, 10:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

Thinking about it further, the black frame is not going to show up very well against a black screen background.
johncc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2012, 09:30 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Thinking about it further, the black frame is not going to show up very well against a black screen background.
I wondered about that myself the other day when I looked at these again for the first time in a while. Now that I'm back home looking at my touchpad, the background on my launcher is dark grey. I don't recall, is that standard or the result of a patch I loaded? If it's going to be black for some, an icon with a black edge can show up better adding a grey border. If the background is going to be dark grey then it should be fine. Maybe that was my thought when I did these. I'm sure I would have considered it but really don't recall.

I have a few things to do but should be able to find the old hard drive with the original icons this morning and get them off hooking it up as a secondary drive. Feels like I'm planning to open an old toy box to find a neglected toy, like some part of toy story, hah.
Thanked By: NuttyBunny
Old 11/19/2012, 04:24 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan K View Post
Where do you plan to publish the free version, the App Catalog or Preware? Looking so forward to this free and possibly enhanced paid version!
App Catalog, there's no need for it to go on Preware since the catalog is still running.

The paid version will go to the catalog as well.

Good or bad, the free version won't have a save function, but you'll be able to use a blank background and take snapshots if you like. Also, most planned and incomplete features that I was building won't make it. It will be just like the beta 8 that several people tried, with no zoom/pan, but with saving/loading and configurable backgrounds. That's all I can do using enyo with a decent speed

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg
NuttyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2012, 03:04 PM   #17 (permalink)

Ok. So the question that remains is: when?
Old 12/28/2012, 12:56 PM   #18 (permalink)

Any news?

Tags
icons, nuttypad

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0