Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I got my Jot Pro from Adonit.net. Although it stated preorder with a 4 week delivery window, this arrived within a week.
    What is the up to date, current situation on your app, nutty bunny?
  3.    #163  
    Patience my young Padawans. Busy weekend. Still working on it. Will have everything but zoom (including but not limited to pen styles/width/color, working eraser, multi-page notebooks, exporting to png, multiple backgrounds).

Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Patience my young Padawans. Busy weekend. Still working on it. Will have everything but zoom (including but not limited to pen styles/width/color, working eraser, multi-page notebooks, exporting to png, multiple backgrounds).

Long time lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to say thank you for your work on this. I have been checking this thread daily, eagerly waiting any updates on the progress.

P.S. - if you still are accepting beta testers, I'd love to apply to be one. =D

oh I can continue to wait. I'm not being impatient, I'm being jealous of how long your weekends last :-P

thanks for the update!!! is there any current provision for opening documents and then being able to write on them? for example my lecturers in university give out the lecture notes a few days beforehand in PDF or PPT formats....it would be amazing if they could be written on during lectures on my TP! it would even be perfectly fine for me to save each page as an image beforehand for this purpose
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcaf123 View Post
    thanks for the update!!! is there any current provision for opening documents and then being able to write on them? for example my lecturers in university give out the lecture notes a few days beforehand in PDF or PPT formats....it would be amazing if they could be written on during lectures on my TP! it would even be perfectly fine for me to save each page as an image beforehand for this purpose
    Since the idea is to eventually accept backgrounds, you could open your slides as backgrounds, then annotate over them. Yep, it's a possibility. Gonna work on that as well, sounds useful

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Since the idea is to eventually accept backgrounds, you could open your slides as backgrounds, then annotate over them. Yep, it's a possibility. Gonna work on that as well, sounds useful
    brilliant!! couldnt ask for a more perfect developer and i think everyone will join in with me in thanking you for your hard work and efforts since you announced you were making this app!!!!! really hope you manage to include this useful feature and im just glad i can contribute to this amazing app!
    thnx again!!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Just wanted to say that due to money issues I've sold my touchpad but my girlfriend still has hers and I'll get her this app once it comes out and will continue to beta test it on hers for you Nutty. I also am selling my Adonit Jot Pro pen since they are still on backorder at the official site and I can ship mine out immediately. Here's the link: eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I placed an order for a jot with adonis on their website yesterday (yes, sunday) and they shipped it out today via usps. Got the tracking number via email this afternoon. Not sure why the website says two week pre-order, but they have them in stock and are shipping now. $19.99 for the regular jot plus 6 bucks shipping.

I hope it's nice whenever it gets here, and am looking forward to release of nuttypad.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    1 more who'd love to beta test. Really want use my touchpad for sales calls!
  12.    #172  
    So, at last I managed to work on NuttyPad today, and made it fully multitouch compatible (too bad scaling/panning is not working atm so the work seems useless).

Anyway, I'll fix the eraser, enable the color/pen thickness, saving, and the toolbar and we'll have an almost working app (0.0.6).

Next beta will have background selection/importing for those who want annotations (0.0.7).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

mcaf123 and tamalyn like this.
    No need for a Jot Pro, but honestly, they look much nicer than the Jot...
    Decisions, decisions...
    So, at last I managed to work on NuttyPad today, and made it fully multitouch compatible (too bad scaling/panning is not working atm so the work seems useless).

Anyway, I'll fix the eraser, enable the color/pen thickness, saving, and the toolbar and we'll have an almost working app (0.0.6).

Next beta will have background selection/importing for those who want annotations (0.0.7).

Nutty,

Very cool. Not sure what scaling/panning would do. Thanks!

dave
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtlong View Post
    Nutty,

Very cool. Not sure what scaling/panning would do. Thanks!

dave
    To zoom into an area to add detail.

Heads up for those looking at the Jot Pro:
    BiteMyApple.co Has Accessories For Your Apple iPhone, iPod, iPad and more
    Has it for $32.94 shipped compared to Adonit's $37 shipped.
    Never heard of this site before, but they take paypal...
    Just received my Jot and now am eagerly awaiting this app to use it with. ;-) The pen is really great, good balance and the little tip is better for quick writing than I expected. I write with my pen very angled so some strokes just barely miss with this default tip. Fair warning that tapping on the screen as you write quickly is not the quietest thing in the world and I do think thick screen protectors may interfere a tad bit with light/quick taps using the Jot.
    Not that this thread needs another voice begging to get in on beta testing, but I'm going to ask anyway! Can I get in on beta testing?

Also, nutty, I'm a web developer and I'm curious to know how hard the transition is to start coding Enyo apps? Is it really mostly a lot of JavaScript, or do you have to fall back on the PDK to do more powerful things? Is NuttyPad an Enyo app?
  19.    #179  
    Not that this thread needs another voice begging to get in on beta testing, but I'm going to ask anyway! Can I get in on beta testing?

Also, nutty, I'm a web developer and I'm curious to know how hard the transition is to start coding Enyo apps? Is it really mostly a lot of JavaScript, or do you have to fall back on the PDK to do more powerful things? Is NuttyPad an Enyo app?
    Let's call NuttyPad an enyo-DOM javascript app. It gets things from both worlds as Enyo doesn't support multitouch yet.

You don't need enyo or mojo to do your app, you can even go just fine with plain javascript, just making a simple call from your index.html file.

Enyo is used to create the building blocks in an app, javascript, plain, is then used to access the components and interact with them. Check the tutorials in the palm developer portal, and in the examples directories within the SDK.

As for the betas... See next post.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

20.    #180  
    Ok, let's start another batch of beta invites. 0.0.6 is almost ready, switching from the menu driven layout that people saw in v5 to a toolbar driven one, like the one I use in Photofun and FreeCam.

You need to send me your email via PM and the reason you'll like to get the app.

I need to remind you that this will be a paid app, but every beta tester will have their promo code (I hope promo codes work on non-paid countries, or we'll have to find another way).

Sorry for yesterday's delay, I had to move to a 4 hour meeting after a 1 hour drive, and I ended up beaten, but as I said, it's working. Even saving will work on .6 :-)

Let's make room for another 20 extra testers. So, sign in if you like.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast