Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Haha, I would love to beta test as well! I have beta tested before too, waaaaaaaay back when the 600 mhz overclocking kernel came out for the sprint pre! Good times those were haha.

I am very excited for this app Quick question though, and this is for anyone with experience with stylus pens and the gorilla glass on the touchpad. I do NOT have a screen protector. I have put one on before but just didn't like the feel of it compared to the glass. Now, gorilla glass is supposed to be great BUT I wouldn't wanna use a stylus and find out it has a weakness. Do you guys know/think a stylus on the naked screen would be ok? Should i slap on a screen protector just in case?

Thanks!
    And thank you Nutty for making webOS this much greater with your app
    Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Well, I'm starting this thread to comment on the development of a new handwriting note taking application for the TouchPad.

After gathering ideas and merging them with mine, I've come to the following features for the first version:

Things that will have:
    It will show a notebook-like page (customizable background per "block"), and you'll be able to navigate among pages flicking in the lower right corner.

It will allow handwritten notes in different colors and pencil thicknesses, as well as standard text fields. It will allow drawing straight lines as well as free drawing.

It will allow scrolling using 2 fingers or by dragging inside a small preview window.

It will save the notepads/pages in an undecided format, and it will be able to export them to png and print them to any printer configured on the TouchPad.

Things that it may have:
    Palm detection (to avoid phantom drawings made by your resting palm over the TP)
    Cloud synching (box.net, dropbox, etc)
    Configurable infinite scrolling with page breaks
    Villo Services

Things that it won't have:
    It won't support other printing methods than the ones provided by HP in webOS (HP wireless printers)
    It won't export to PDF
    It won't save in bizarre propietary formats

No more beta requests, please! we're full!!
    Beta participants will receive an email shortly.

Thanks to everyone for your patience
    This is the app I have been waiting for!!!! Very excited!!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  3.    #143  
    Haha, I would love to beta test as well! I have beta tested before too, waaaaaaaay back when the 600 mhz overclocking kernel came out for the sprint pre! Good times those were haha.

I am very excited for this app Quick question though, and this is for anyone with experience with stylus pens and the gorilla glass on the touchpad. I do NOT have a screen protector. I have put one on before but just didn't like the feel of it compared to the glass. Now, gorilla glass is supposed to be great BUT I wouldn't wanna use a stylus and find out it has a weakness. Do you guys know/think a stylus on the naked screen would be ok? Should i slap on a screen protector just in case?

Thanks!
    And thank you Nutty for making webOS this much greater with your app
    You should not have issues with the stylus. The pens for capacitive screens are soft, unlike the resistive ones which need to make pressure over the screen.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    I'm guessing its too late to beta test?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    yeah I just want to clarify. You said everyone will get the beta test? Everyone who asks or who has posted on this thread? Thanks =]
    I'd join in the beta. I have 2 touchpads to test on.
    I see pandas.
    I registered just to say thanks for working on this and I can't wait to see how it turns out!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    i would love to be part of this beta, i have three touchpads that i will test this app on and thanks for making this app you have no idea how much i appreciate it.
    hi
    I would love to beta test too. Bought the amcase pen and can't wait to test each other out. This app will make my touchpad a totally useful office device.
    this thread has been bookmarked from the beginning. finally signed up!..hopefully its released this weekend soo i can test run in class on Monday!..
    I know you probably hate to see this question but this is how much people are excited about your new app. Lol hopefully we can show you how Much we love you
    I am anxiously awaiting the release of this app. If you want a typical non-techs user that would be me.
    Been tracking this since the post went up. Just wanted to say thanks for the work you are doing, Nutty.
    I also wanted to say thanks for working on this app and I have a touchpad to test it out on if you ever get to another round of beta! I'm just thrilled to see someone is working on it because there is NOTHING out there like this for TP.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Would porting Xournal be not enough rather than starting from scratch?

It does what most of us want. It can then be enhanced gradually.
    any update on the app???
    I'd love to get in on the latest beta as well whenever it's ready. This is one of the first pages I refresh every day. haha. Just purchased the Jot Pro in anticipation of this (I'm sure it'll be useful for other things in the future too).

Thanks for your hard work!
    Quote Originally Posted by pnbui View Post
    I'd love to get in on the latest beta as well whenever it's ready. This is one of the first pages I refresh every day. haha. Just purchased the Jot Pro in anticipation of this (I'm sure it'll be useful for other things in the future too).

Thanks for your hard work!
    Where did you find the Jot Pro? Was it a pre-order?
    Nutty Bunny~ 2nd beta testing isn't started yet???
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDueler View Post
    Where did you find the Jot Pro? Was it a pre-order?
    @dadueler - I bought it on Ebay. It was a little more expensive, but at least I can get it soon.
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast