Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes
    I use iPad in my company I have 2 staff who also use it for note taking during meetings using noteshelf.

I have tried notes plus hd, and loads of others, but there are some features of noteshelf which trumps the lot.

if this helps.

1. Handwriting guard - essential, can't write naturally without touching parts of the screen. Multi touch screws it up have to disable gestures on iPad. Arrow to the right of the page shows lower limit where you can write. It can be slid down. It follows the writing always stays 2 lines below , dropping down by another line or so each time you approach the right.

2. Multi pages. Reorder pages by dragging thumbnails

3. Multi books thumbnails and names, drag them over each other to group. Even this becomes unmanageable quickly because even only a few multi page notes per day has made them difficult to find so next point essential ...

4. Export to Evernote, stores login details for quick save, asks for which Evernote note book to store in from a pull down list

5. Dropbox, as above, but really cool for sharing, we put exports of our notes in jpg or PDF in a shared dropbox with folder for the name of the company or subject that the note is from this enables us to share them.

NOTE TO DEVELOPER - the two above would give you file handling and sharing without doing it yourself. It covers the problem of filing loads of notes. Makes them sharable on multiple devices easily because dropbox and Evernote work very widely. Just ensure offline notes are available.

6. Image in page. The ability to put an image into the page, move it and resize it means you can clip web, get photos, scan other paper docs and then write over it, excellent redlining tool. Also lets say we made notes in noteshelf on iPad and then exported to dropbox. Using the dropbox app to open the image and popping it into a new note on nuttypad means we could change it or carry on writing. No need to be compatible with much other than jpg or PDF.

I have just bought a touchpad for another member of staff, disappointed to find no handwriting apps, but stumbled across this one. I have loads of experience writing, developing and selling computer, internet and app based solutions (ex HP, 20yrs in the business) can I test you product in return for any feedback in any area of getting it to market?
    Last edited by blueadrian; 09/11/2011 at 05:13 AM.
    stbxxl likes this.
    off topic...

nutty b,

after you complete the notes app could you examine the idea of porting HP
    Touch-to-share from android to the touchpad?

THaNk YoU @NuttyBunny, I really need this. But I have a request, after you finish this can you PLEASE see if its possible to create a patch which would allow a "SPLIT SCREEN" keyboard simillar to Ios 5 and Windows 8. I think many many others would really also thank you for this and really need this. This is what I am talking about :

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-priority.html

P.S- I created an account just to Thank-you and Put a request

EDIT: I am willing to donate 10-20 bucks if this is sucesfull. ..
    Last edited by shubh4ever2; 09/11/2011 at 11:21 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
    Best stylus by far is the Bamboo

Bamboo Stylus

I've used the Belkin one (Carphone Warehouse in UK) which was ok, some cheap ones with diagonally cut hard tip (avoid these) and a thin one from Comet which was ok at first then sticky, but cheap, forget who makes it but its the only one comet had.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by blueadrian View Post
    Best stylus by far is the Bamboo

Bamboo Stylus

I've used the Belkin one (Carphone Warehouse in UK) which was ok, some cheap ones with diagonally cut hard tip (avoid these) and a thin one from Comet which was ok at first then sticky, but cheap, forget who makes it but its the only one comet had.
    Isn't it just a bit on the expensive side? :-)
    Hi Nutty:
    Just wanted to drop a few lines and say that I hope you release it to us soon!

Also, if you could spare a beta, I would appreciated it since I would use it to take notes w/ the patients in the hospital instead of having to carry a notepad on my coat
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    If you need someone to translate the app into french, contact me, I would be pleased to help.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Here's the stylus I picked up from a referral in another thread. I hope it works well with NuttyPad

http://www.gomadic.com/hp-touchpad-i...ve-stylus.html
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Here's the stylus I picked up from a referral in another thread. I hope it works well with NuttyPad

Gomadic Precision Tip Capacitive Stylus for HP TouchPad with Integrated Ink Ballpoint Pen
    Let us know. I'm in the market for a new stylus, the one I use is homemade. At first I wanted the Wacom Bamboo Stylus, but then someone in this thread mentioned the Adonit Jot. After checking it out, I think I'll go for it.

Adonit - Jot
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xyerrie View Post
    Let us know. I'm in the market for a new stylus, the one I use is homemade. At first I wanted the Wacom Bamboo Stylus, but then someone in this thread mentioned the Adonit Jot. After checking it out, I think I'll go for it.

Adonit - Jot
    I actually just placed an order for the JotPro a week ago for use with the app. All the reviews look positive on it.
    yes it is expensive I have bought Belkin cheaper but it went sticky on the end I bought 4 for a pound off ebay all crap and the thinner plastic one from comet was great but feels tacky.

its like writing with those little pens from Argos - free but don't make you feel good. The wacom has lasted and feels good. It is expensive though.
    Thank you very much for making this kind of app. I was curious if there was a rough time frame for completion? Starting classes soon and I would love this app.

Thanks again
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by jining View Post
    Thank you very much for making this kind of app. I was curious if there was a rough time frame for completion? Starting classes soon and I would love this app.

Thanks again
    Well, I hope to have this working this weekend. This weekend I should have the full featured (albeit ugly) version. All the testers will get this. I'll need feedback on that.

If all goes well, I'll just end up working on presentation so next week should be the release week.
    Great! Looking forward to it. One more question, what will it cost?
    I made a pre central account just to follow your nuttypad app. So excited to see how it comes out.

There is an app in store called stickyman by wizard apps. It allows you to put post it notes directly on the wallpaper. My idea was to combine your handwriting app with this post it app, too make it quick and easy to jot down notes. Do you think it would be possible? It sells for $2, but if given the handwriting capabilities I would gladly pay $3-5.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bay_wolf View Post
    I actually just placed an order for the JotPro a week ago for use with the app. All the reviews look positive on it.
    My son got one for his iPad and loves it. I hope it works for you as well on the TouchPad.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Looking forward to this app...classes start next week for me so it looks like it may be perfect timing
    Awesome thread, looking forward to seeing the app!
    apologies in advance for this post.

a peperami or Frankfurter sausage works as a cost effective capacitive stylus; keep a few packs handy and eat each one after use. Clean the screen.

dare you to do it in a high powered executive meeting
    knownboyofno likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    If all goes well, I'll just end up working on presentation so next week should be the release week.
    Awesome...thanks a lot!
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast