Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes
    would like to test this, am taking a lot of notes this weekend on the fly.
    can you shoot me a beta?
    thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    All icons are welcome, I have almost none
    Perhaps someone could do something along the lines of the icon for SketchBook Pro?

I sent a few to NuttyBunny, evolving as I went. Here is my latest and favorite:
    Another TexasFlood Nuttypad Icon 128x128.png

I think it looks pretty decent in the launcher (click/touch below image to enlarge), any comments?
    TexasFlood NuttyPad Icon on Launcher.png
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Perhaps someone could do something along the lines of the icon for SketchBook Pro?
    Click to view quoted image

I sent a few to NuttyBunny, evolving as I went. Here is my latest and favorite:
    Another TexasFlood Nuttypad Icon 128x128.png

I think it looks pretty decent in the launcher (click/touch below image to enlarge), any comments?
    TexasFlood NuttyPad Icon on Launcher.png
    I vote for the Launcher sample.....looks awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsabre View Post
    I vote for the Launcher sample.....looks awesome!
    Thanks. As I said, I think it looks pretty decent. But I'm biased, so nice to get some validation,
    Hey I haven't had time to look through the whole thread but I just had time to go through your app. Everything is awesome except there seems to be a bug with the pencil thickness???
    Has anyone noticed this?

I started doodling on the page and erased it then went into pencil options to see what there was. Didn't change anything and closed it. Once i started doodling again the pencil thickness was rediculously thick. Way thicker then the thickest you can get. I went back to pencial options to see if i changed it but it was the same. To get it back to normal I had to slide it all the way to the other side close it and draw something to see and then re-open pencil options and slide it all the way back. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

I closed the app and re-opened it and it didnt happen again..... So i dunno haha.
    Hey I haven't had time to look through the whole thread but I just had time to go through your app. Everything is awesome except there seems to be a bug with the pencil thickness???
    Has anyone noticed this?

I started doodling on the page and erased it then went into pencil options to see what there was. Didn't change anything and closed it. Once i started doodling again the pencil thickness was rediculously thick. Way thicker then the thickest you can get. I went back to pencial options to see if i changed it but it was the same. To get it back to normal I had to slide it all the way to the other side close it and draw something to see and then re-open pencil options and slide it all the way back. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

I closed the app and re-opened it and it didnt happen again..... So i dunno haha.

It's already been reported and nutty said he's fixed it for 0.0.9 release. The behavior relates to pressing the eraser button twice and then switching to pencil. If you had a different set width from before, pressing pencil twice will revert to that or the eraser width.
    NuttyBunny hasn't posted much lately. Must be very busy trying to get an ambitious Nuttypad update out and also just saw an update of PhotoFun.
    Hallo NuttyBunny !
    I hope this app will be also available in German App-Store
    Kind regards
    Peter
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Does this sync with dropbox?
    I like what I see in the YouTube vids Any chance of still getting in on the beta?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    While I await testing on the next version, I went ahead and purchased a stylus to better test and thought I would give you my impressions.

I would like the rounded tip to be smaller, just so I could see better how I was placing the tip to the Touchpad.

I kinda like the fact that I can pull the tip off and have a nice ball point pen underneath.

It has quickly become my "finger" overall, not just when using Nuttypad, for regular use on the Touchpad, while for writing the rounded end is too big for my taste, it is smaller than my fingers.

It writes nicely on Nuttypad, in every way, no complaints there at all.

My main gripe about this or ANY stylus, is not about the stylus, but the fact that the Touchpad case did not come with a little stretchy "loop" to hold one of these things. I just know I am going to lose the dang thing!

Now, just let me at the next Nuttypad!
    Last edited by jdod; 10/24/2011 at 09:58 PM.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I would like the rounded tip to be smaller, just so I could see better how I was placing the tip to the Touchpad.
    You need a minimum area to produce the required capacitance. ( a disc of about 8mm diameter )
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Thanks tor that explanation John.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Just to report that I tried one of my work mate's Pogo stylus which worked quite well on his Penultimate on rotten fruit pad but didn't quite well on NuttyPad beta 008
    Well, I'm starting this thread to comment on the development of a new handwriting note taking application for the TouchPad.

After gathering ideas and merging them with mine, I've come to the following features for the first version:

Things that will have:
    It will show a notebook-like page (customizable background per "block"), and you'll be able to navigate among pages flicking in the lower right corner.

It will allow handwritten notes in different colors and pencil thicknesses, as well as standard text fields. It will allow drawing straight lines as well as free drawing.

It will allow scrolling using 2 fingers or by dragging inside a small preview window.

It will save the notepads/pages in an undecided format, and it will be able to export them to png and print them to any printer configured on the TouchPad.

Things that it may have:
    Palm detection (to avoid phantom drawings made by your resting palm over the TP)
    Cloud synching (box.net, dropbox, etc)
    Configurable infinite scrolling with page breaks
    Villo Services

Things that it won't have:
    It won't support other printing methods than the ones provided by HP in webOS (HP wireless printers)
    It won't export to PDF
    It won't save in bizarre propietary formats

No more beta requests, please! we're full!!
    Beta participants will receive an email shortly.

Thanks to everyone for your patience

UPDATE: SMALL VIDEO -

when is this app going live pls? I'm so much looking forward to it
  16.    #556  
    People: Good News

This weekend I'll send the last beta to my testers who sent feedback up until now.

I've received more beta requestssince the last beta. It's not necessary.

If everything goes fine, I'll release it next week.

Final features for v1.0:

* 8.5x11in workspace (zoomable, panable via 2 finger gestures).
    * Ability to add and delete pages in each "Notepad"
    * Saving, loading and printing ability
    * Page selection via 3 finger gestures and via a picker popup with preview images
    * Multiple backgrounds to choose, per page (still not decided about importing them)
    * Icon representing pen state (pen, eraser)
    * Popup for selecting pen size (1-10px) and colors with preview
    * Text writing (with actual letters using the keyboard)
    * Definable page/notepad name/description
    * Smooth drawing instead the jagged lines that appear on most drawing apps (as seen on the screenshots)
    * Double sized eraser (depends on the pen size)

I think that's the full feature set for 1.0. I hope I don't miss anything.

It will be available first on paid app catalogs, I still need to define a scheme for the other areas.

Thanks for your patience

Ah, it'll be about $2.99 by the way

This weekend I'll send the last beta to my testers who sent feedback up until now.

Final features for v1.0:

* Page selection via 3 finger gestures and via a picker popup with preview images
    * Multiple backgrounds to choose, per page (still not decided about importing them)
    * Smooth drawing instead the jagged lines that appear on most drawing apps (as seen on the screenshots)

It will be available first on paid app catalogs, I still need to define a scheme for the other areas.

Thanks for your patience

Nice feature set. Could you later on add a highlighter feature possibility? Thanks
    Last edited by knownboyofno; 10/25/2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: darn auto correct on the touchpad!
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Feature-set looks great for the initial launch. Thanks for all the effort.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Final features for v1.0:

Thanks for your patience

looking forward to the next release
    Is palm recognition included?