Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes
    Honestly, I have no problem whatsoever forking over $5. I am a beta tester so I would know how much I would be willing to spend on this. $5 seems appropritate for the things that it does. Of course there is some bugs, but that will all get worked out with the upcoming updates and I know Nutty will keep working diligently to improve this app.

I mean it will incorporate imports for backgrounds, zoom features, palm pad, text fields, etc. These are not all just small features. If you want something cheap and something to write on, then go download the free drawing app in the HP Catalog and use that to take notes. And for the IOS debate, IOS has MULTIPLE apps for taking notes so of course through the force of competition, they are going to lower their price. In example, HP touchpad's fire sale has companies lowering their prices to grab some of the market with their products.

It has been several months now that the TP has been released and an app like this has YET to show up in catalog. Who knows if their will be other apps like this be devloped due to HP's desicion (hopefully it changes). I mean if there are other apps developed for notes, more than likely the price will do down. For me, Im not gonna wait for another 5 months for someone to tackle on the job when this app is readily availabe and worth the $5 in my opinion.

Do your thing Nutty.
    lavo96 and 9orynych like this.
    I don't see how anybody can quibble about paying $3 for even minimal software facilities. How much of your time would it take for you to produce it, and what is that worth. It's less than the price of a cup of coffee, for goodness sake!
    lavo96 likes this.
    demand and offer.... Put the price u want. I'd pay up to $5 ... It's the only one so...
    Wow, I was thinking $15-$20! and then figured that the price would drop as time goes along and/or if HP decides to showcase your app. Might as well add a donation link somewhere if the app is less than $5 to support your work and future ideas.

Great work Nutty!!! Hopefully this is leads into the grand restart of webOS.
    9orynych likes this.
    I wouldn't think twice about dropping $3 on this. Great work Nutty, my homemade stylus can't wait for the final release.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I don't see how anybody can quibble about paying $3 for even minimal software facilities. How much of your time would it take for you to produce it, and what is that worth. It's less than the price of a cup of coffee, for goodness sake!
    But when you pay for a $3 cup of coffee, you expect a $3 coffee, not brown water.

I mean no disrespect at all to the developer (my brother builds ipad apps), but unless we are talking about a different app here, I'm seeing a "notepad" background which allows me to scribble on it. There's a (barely) functional pen selection tool and a (barely usable) working eraser. You can add a page and navigate through those pages. No option to save, no page preview, no online backup, no multiple notebooks, no item selection, no text feature, no "zoom and write" option, no audio recording option, no export, no sharing option, and more...

Is this the same app that you'd pay $3 for (and for some $20!!!) or did I get the wrong beta? And really, I mean no disrespect to the creator of this app, seeing that it might be the only drawing app on the Touchpad, I hope it does well!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by EP2011 View Post
    Is this the same app that you'd pay $3 for (and for some $20!!!) or did I get the wrong beta? And really, I mean no disrespect to the creator of this app, seeing that it might be the only drawing app on the Touchpad, I hope it does well!
    Yes! Yes it is. And I haven't even seen it yet. $3 is nothing!
    Is there an ETA for a final release? I'm chomping at the bit since this is exactly what I want for some notetaking. Thank you!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I didn't complain about spending $3, I said that COMPARED TO other apps that have WAY MORE features, $3 is overpriced.

For example, there are $0.99 and $2 ipad apps, which have wrist protection, shape detection, the ability to record audio when writing a note, export to PDF or jpg, backup to dropbox, different pen types, item selection, multiple notebooks, image importing, the ability to add text to a note, etc. Most of these feature are critical and to say that paying $3 for an app that doesn't have these features is "balking", then I guess you are one for low standards.

I have no problem spending money to support developers (I've spend over $300 on android, ipad and webos apps), but I do expect to pay a fair price for what I'm getting.

Dear fellow Webod/Toucpad user and other app user,

Certain facts for pricing a product :
    - whether it is usefull to someone?
    You should buy this if you find useful else go and buy the cheaper ones but you know they will not work on TP
    If you dont see value drop it.

- What is the volume that we can push?
    Compared to volumes that an Android platform and iPad produces TP volumes are nothing ( or correct me). What I mean to say if NuttyBunny produces this app on one of those platforms then he can sell more for the same amount of effort may be 10x more maybe 100x more, how many licenses do you think he will be able to sell for the effort he is putting in, I guess not many?

he may decide to make it open source and ask for donation, he may put a price as proposed.

- Whether there will be support and / or enhancements to it

I suppose that this is one time cost, dont have your cappucino for a day and drink cheaper instant coffee or if you like beer like me then skip just one drink ( that is how I am going fund for it )

NuttyBunny has already mentioned about new features post current release.

I agree with you that features are light compared to some of the other apps available, ultimately I would like to see the following added :

1. Shape recognition
    2. PDF annotation
    3. PDF export
    4. Buttons at the bottom to go up the top and slightly smaller in size
    5. undo/redo

For now I am ready to buy it with save button.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    No problem with $3 nutty. I appreciate and support your efforts!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  11.    #511  
    Ok, $3 will be it. The android people can boot into android and use they free apps. I couldn't care less.

This is a webOS app, so, please no android pollution here.

Thanks.

Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    9orynych likes this.
  12.    #512  
    Ok, release nearing and I'm still using my cheap photofun icon

Who will step up and make some nice icons? Winner will get promo code for photofun (if you don't have it already), nuttypad (you will get it anyway), and my new app that will come in the next week (for the app hack)

We need 128x128, 64x64 and 48x48, transparent png's

Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Ok, $3 will be it. The android people can boot into android and use they free apps. I couldn't care less.

This is a webOS app, so, please no android pollution here.

Thanks.

Nutty, how about a donation button somewhere? Independently of the app, I mean.
    demand and offer.... Put the price u want. I'd pay up to $5 ... It's the only one so...
    Not the only one. Just Draw is free as has many features like import image, save, undo/redo and wrist protection. I've seen other paid drawing apps, but I'm not spending money to test them if no demo is available.

Not the only one. Just Draw is free as has many features like import image, save, undo/redo and wrist protection. I've seen other paid drawing apps, but I'm not spending money to test them if no demo is available.

Just Draw v1.2.0 by Volatile Nuances? There is no "Redo" option and no wrist protection.
    Never mind about using it for taking notes. It is a "for fun" drawing app, nothings else.

Who will step up and make some nice icons? Winner will get promo code for photofun (if you don't have it already), nuttypad (you will get it anyway), and my new app that will come in the next week (for the app hack)

Nutty, what kind of icon are you thinking of?

I wouldn't mind taking a stab at it, this app sounds extremely intriguing to me.

I'm a web developer by trade, but work at a design firm and have some background in it.

Hey, I bought photofun, didn't cost that much but... Got any sort of image in mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by 9orynych View Post
    Just Draw v1.2.0 by Volatile Nuances? There is no "Redo" option and no wrist protection.
    Never mind about using it for taking notes. It is a "for fun" drawing app, nothings else.
    Yes, that's the one. Sorry, it doesn't have redo - I was going off the top of my head, but it does have a palm rest on the bottom 1/3 when in portrait mode. Still, what is NuttyPad offering that's more than what Just Draw offers for free? Again, it seems that you guys are using something else, because I'm not seeing the value in this app right now. I also don't like to speculate on future features... they may never come. I've waited many months for some apps to come out with promised features and they sometimes dont make it to the app. Considering the short life of this device, how long are people going to wait for features before they stop using their Touchpad?

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Considering the short life of this device, how long are people going to wait for features before they stop using their Touchpad?

Ask the Newton or Amiga Community....
    Yes, that's the one. Sorry, it doesn't have redo - I was going off the top of my head, but it does have a palm rest on the bottom 1/3 when in portrait mode. Still, what is NuttyPad offering that's more than what Just Draw offers for free? Again, it seems that you guys are using something else, because I'm not seeing the value in this app right now. I also don't like to speculate on future features... they may never come. I've waited many months for some apps to come out with promised features and they sometimes dont make it to the app. Considering the short life of this device, how long are people going to wait for features before they stop using their Touchpad?

this is a very logical question and segways into issues with zinio and picsel. For me disappointing. But I am totally supportive of the efforts of nutty.