Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes
  1.    #481  
    Quote Originally Posted by footemps View Post
    Is there a chance for a rectangular lasso tool so we can copy/paste? Just throwing another suggestion
    It will be rectangular and it will come in a future update. If my minds goes nuts enough and I find a way to the lasso thing, that could come as well.

This will be after the first release.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    9orynych likes this.
  2.    #482  
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    Btw nutty , how much will this cost? When it hits production...

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I'm thinking about $3, how much would you pay? range is between 2 and 5

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    9orynych and johncc like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I think $3 is very fair. I was expecting about $4.

Thanks Nutty!! Can't wait
    $3 is too expensive when you compare it to the many other (non-webos), but fully-featured competitors. There just aren't enough features to justify it being over $0.99.

5.    #485  
    Quote Originally Posted by EP2011 View Post
    $3 is too expensive when you compare it to the many other (non-webos), but fully-featured competitors. There just aren't enough features to justify it being over $0.99.

Ok, so, make yours and give it away for free :P

What features would you think are needed to go over $.99??

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    This is a good price range. I'd pay $3. Perhaps you want to offer a normal version for a little less and a pro version (with auto-positioning zoom, rectangle lasso, picture import, etc...) for a little more?
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    This is a good price range. I'd pay $3. Perhaps you want to offer a normal version for a little less and a pro version (with auto-positioning zoom, rectangle lasso, picture import, etc...) for a little more?
    not a bad plan if he needs more exposure for the app, but honestly I don't think he does. ;-)
    I believe that 2.49 would be a great compromise. Lol

All silly comments aside, I don't think we can accurately price until 0.0.10 since we haven't tested the full feature set.
    I would go with $0.99 for a version with less (basic features) and $3 for Full featured version. So that it serves different groups.I dont know how difficult it is to make two versions at this point.
    That's a fair price for a polished app. Besides, webOS developers everywhere are to be commended for their continued support for our beloved webOS.
    So, please continue developing as many apps as possible. I personally have faith that everything will work out soon.

According to their analysts, HP is reconsidering and may keep webOS.
    Peace.
    9orynych likes this.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

I can never understand why people don't balk at spending $100 or more on xbox/playstation games, yet complain about spending $5 on an app......

I think the bang per buck you get from any of these apps that are less than $10 is fantastic! Use the app 5 times and you have you 99c per use...after that its free
    fmarcanojr and 9orynych like this.

I definitely believe it has more features than a $0.99 app, we just haven't tested them yet. Something based off 0.0.8 with no other additions ought to be free or at most $0.99, but the planned feature set definitely puts it above the cheap programs. Features such as rectangular lasso, copy/cut/paste, annotating background files, text input and a file management system puts it well within the realm of $1.99 to $5.00 apps.

Nutty, I just realized that 0.0.9 and 0.0.10 are going to be huge jumps from what we've been testing. Keep up the good work.

edit: Also Nutty, if you're thinking of including a rectangular lasso tool. Would you include features(stuff like move, clear, resize) in addition to copy/cut/paste?
    Last edited by footemps; 10/13/2011 at 10:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lavo96 View Post
    I can never understand why people don't balk at spending $100 or more on xbox/playstation games, yet complain about spending $5 on an app......

I think the bang per buck you get from any of these apps that are less than $10 is fantastic! Use the app 5 times and you have you 99c per use...after that its free
    I didn't complain about spending $3, I said that COMPARED TO other apps that have WAY MORE features, $3 is overpriced.

For example, there are $0.99 and $2 ipad apps, which have wrist protection, shape detection, the ability to record audio when writing a note, export to PDF or jpg, backup to dropbox, different pen types, item selection, multiple notebooks, image importing, the ability to add text to a note, etc. Most of these feature are critical and to say that paying $3 for an app that doesn't have these features is "balking", then I guess you are one for low standards.

I have no problem spending money to support developers (I've spend over $300 on android, ipad and webos apps), but I do expect to pay a fair price for what I'm getting.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Ok, so, make yours and give it away for free :P

What features would you think are needed to go over $.99??
    Sorry, I didn't see your post. See my list of features that other note apps have in my post above.

I'm using Notes Plus for the ipad right now - paid $2 and it's got just about every feature you can imaging and is VERY polished. This is the level of software I would expect to use for taking notes for work.

There's also a FREE app call Bamboo Paper on the ipad, which is the most basic note app that I would use (it's basically like having a plain sheet of paper and nothing more), but it allows for emailing, saving notepads, bookmarks and the writing looks beautiful - just like a real pen.

There are so many other note taking apps on the ipad that are just so feature rich, but they are less than $4 and I haven't used them, since Notes Plus does what I need.

EP, your comparison of Ipad apps vs HP apps is misguided. There may be more Ipad apps with more features at a lower price point, but that's because there are more people developing on the Ipad trying to get their piece of the pie. HP has no other similar apps, early bird gets the worm. $3 is more than reasonable for an app like this on the Touchpad. It may be expensive on an Ipad, but that's not the platform we're talking about. Me, I'm tooling around with the touchpad and may think about Android in the future where I'll have a few more options, but for now, if this app gets released, I'll gladly pay $3 for this functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaos77 View Post
    EP, your comparison of Ipad apps vs HP apps is misguided. There may be more Ipad apps with more features at a lower price point, but that's because there are more people developing on the Ipad trying to get their piece of the pie. HP has no other similar apps, early bird gets the worm. $3 is more than reasonable for an app like this on the Touchpad. It may be expensive on an Ipad, but that's not the platform we're talking about. Me, I'm tooling around with the touchpad and may think about Android in the future where I'll have a few more options, but for now, if this app gets released, I'll gladly pay $3 for this functionality.
    Yes, if this ends up being the only note app for webos, then I suppose $3 is "good enough". Since I have other devices, I don't feel pressured into getting a note app on webos - even though it would have been nice. Still, I pay for apps based on features.

As far as developers charging more on webos because there are fewer of them, I don't remember price gauging on the early Android Market or even the Windows Mobile market. Considering we only get to use these apps for a year (maybe), the less we pay, the better. Of course, I hope that webOS doesn't truly die out, but if it does, I'd hate for my app investment to go down the drain.

I dont have a problem with 3, my fat ***** spends more a taco bell....

I remember when you could eat there for 3 dollars
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    9orynych likes this.
    $3 is Fair price, especially since you've tried to incorporate much of others' input into the ap and future updates after the first release.
    3 is very fair price. I was expecting 5 at least.

While it might be not the "most polished app" out there, it's WebOS and it's ours in a sense that it was made because we asked for it and Nutty was nice enough to make it. And it's the first one too. <3
    PS Nutty, is there a way to buy an app for someone else?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I didn't complain about spending $3, I said that COMPARED TO other apps that have WAY MORE features, $3 is overpriced.

For example, there are $0.99 and $2 ipad apps, which have wrist protection, shape detection, the ability to record audio when writing a note, export to PDF or jpg, backup to dropbox, different pen types, item selection, multiple notebooks, image importing, the ability to add text to a note, etc. Most of these feature are critical and to say that paying $3 for an app that doesn't have these features is "balking", then I guess you are one for low standards.

I have no problem spending money to support developers (I've spend over $300 on android, ipad and webos apps), but I do expect to pay a fair price for what I'm getting.

What you fail to mention is the number of users on ipads and android, plus a crowded app market for each device. Of course the price will be lower and there will be more features! They are more mature platforms with a ten fold larger user base.

My point is that I fail to understand why there is so much angst over a *$2* difference....for something that costs less than a Happy Meal at Maccas ;-)
    DM13 and 9orynych like this.