Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes
    hey all....i uploaded this video for anyone who's perhaps wondering what stylus to get to use with this app. it works very well in my opinion!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #422  
    Quote Originally Posted by quadrinka4 View Post
    So, what is the suprise that will be seen in the next beta patch?

Can't wait to see
    Let's just say that it's a repeatedly asked feature that works for pen handwriting (it doesn't affect people using their fingers to write).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Let's just say that it's a repeatedly asked feature that works for pen handwriting (it doesn't affect people using their fingers to write).

Sounds great (and kinda obvious lol! ).....u still plan on releasing 0.0.9 this weekend? Can't wait to play with it!
  4.    #424  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcaf123 View Post
    Sounds great (and kinda obvious lol! ).....u still plan on releasing 0.0.9 this weekend? Can't wait to play with it!
    hehehe

I'm having some small issues, and it's not the only thing that I wanna stick into 0.0.9, so it should be today or maybe tomorrow at the most.

And, we can expect a weekend release IF my research with the zooming part works

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    hehehe

I'm having some small issues, and it's not the only thing that I wanna stick into 0.0.9, so it should be today or maybe tomorrow at the most.

And, we can expect a weekend release IF my research with the zooming part works

Nice one! I'm waiting for the custom background uploading to be implemented! Are there gonna be any set criteria that the uploaded file will have to meet to be displayed properly etc? Quite curious how this is gonna work
    Yeah I've been wondering about the something what mcaf just asked. I know a long time ago that someone that mentioned about powerpoints from lectures. I was wondering if you could make it Microsoft compatiable? I'm pretty sure that most of us will be using that format of a document to annotate =] Also maybe the possibility of diagrams?

also nutty I've mentioned this before, for some reason lately I have been noticing when you write on one page sometimes it shows up on another page. I don't know if you have been able to notice or anyone has been able to replicate it, but just wanted to state that!

Thanks for your hardworking nutty and I'd like to state thanks for listening to your crowd that has been watching this app progress.
  7.    #427  
    Quote Originally Posted by DM13 View Post
    I was wondering if you could make it Microsoft compatiable? I'm pretty sure that most of us will be using that format of a document to annotate =] Also maybe the possibility of diagrams?

also nutty I've mentioned this before, for some reason lately I have been noticing when you write on one page sometimes it shows up on another page. I don't know if you have been able to notice or anyone has been able to replicate it, but just wanted to state that!
    Microsoft compatible: No, not a single chance, sorry. The best you could do it take a screenshot in quickoffice and then use it here as background

And, please, someone find the steps to reproduce the "writing on another page" bug, as it hasn't happened to me ever

Aw man =\ well that's alright. You've done a lot already! So what kinda files are you thinking of importing then?

I think it happens sometimes after you have been in eraser mode. Click clear pad. Then select pencil. And you write and it just doesn't happen. But I'll pay more attention and see if I can reproduce it!

Thanks nutty!
  9.    #429  
    Aw man =\ well that's alright. You've done a lot already! So what kinda files are you thinking of importing then?

I think it happens sometimes after you have been in eraser mode. Click clear pad. Then select pencil. And you write and it just doesn't happen. But I'll pay more attention and see if I can reproduce it!

Thanks nutty!
    Well, the idea was just to import backgrounds. JPG and PNG files should work fine.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

Quote Originally Posted by mcaf123 View Post
    hey all....i uploaded this video for anyone who's perhaps wondering what stylus to get to use with this app. it works very well in my opinion!
    Thank you for this video. I've watched the three that have been posted and in all of them y'all are writing very large (which is understandable - you want it to be seen easily in the video) but it also begs the question: do these stylii work well for normal size handwriting?

I'm trying to decide which one to buy, obviously. I made the homemade one with the anti-static thingie and it worked great for a few minutes (tried it on JustDraw). I think the floppy end just didn't make good contact with the screen.

Thanks (from a lurker)
    Carla
    Quote Originally Posted by carlatn View Post
    Thank you for this video. I've watched the three that have been posted and in all of them y'all are writing very large (which is understandable - you want it to be seen easily in the video) but it also begs the question: do these stylii work well for normal size handwriting?

I'm trying to decide which one to buy, obviously. I made the homemade one with the anti-static thingie and it worked great for a few minutes (tried it on JustDraw). I think the floppy end just didn't make good contact with the screen.

Thanks (from a lurker)
    Carla
    no probs for the video. i think there was one point on there where i was writing at a normal size (i.e. words only on a single line rather than 1.5 or 2 lines) but it doesn't really show it clearly.
    when nutty releases the next beta (0.0.9), which should have palm rest support and will therefore allow more natural writing, i will hopefully make another video for everyone here to get a good look at the latest version as it nears release - especially now nutty is cutting down the testers list - but keep checking back every so often and it'll hopefully be here after release!
    yellowhammer likes this.
    I like it a lot - way more accurate then Griffin and another generic rubber tip I have (not sure who made it), very responsive, it feels more like writing on paper.

Few notes:

a) letters e, s, f are the most difficult to write even with Jot (delay + radius issue)
    b) definitely after I switch to page 3-4 (and sometimes earlier) I am starting to get an issue with pencil thickness - it either stay permanently VERY thick (I think about the last setting for thickness) and I have to screenshot + delete all, or I can create a new page couple of times and it finally lets me select the appropriate thickness. No idea what triggers this. Tried to have less text/per page, tried not to use colours - but could not get a consistent behaviour.
    c) thick white envelope works very well as palm guard
    d) life without spellchecker is not worth living

There are other bugs but they were already reported by other people

PS Apologies for not reporting earlier - was really busy at work last week
    Quote Originally Posted by carlatn View Post

Thanks (from a lurker)
    Carla
    Small writing can be painfull you just have to take your time and allow the pad to pick up on what is going on. its a learning curve. i wouldnt recommend it in a lecture setting where you need to do allot of quick note taking... But for something like ummmmm homework...(My calculus class) where a professor Demands we do it cause quizzes are made up from the HW problems..its really comes in handy... ill never lose papers...and if the new patch allows to save .... Mauhahahhahaha! ( excuse my moment of excitement) thats even better.

Hey Nutty! with saving will we have to save each page? or would saving once saving once save everything...Ex if i have 30 pages of notes can i save once under one title or would you have to save for each page?
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimateboss View Post
    Small writing can be painfull you just have to take your time and allow the pad to pick up on what is going on. its a learning curve. i wouldnt recommend it in a lecture setting where you need to do allot of quick note taking... But for something like ummmmm homework...(My calculus class) where a professor Demands we do it cause quizzes are made up from the HW problems..its really comes in handy... ill never lose papers...and if the new patch allows to save .... Mauhahahhahaha! ( excuse my moment of excitement) thats even better.

Hey Nutty! with saving will we have to save each page? or would saving once saving once save everything...Ex if i have 30 pages of notes can i save once under one title or would you have to save for each page?
    excellent question!!!
    anyone with a beta have the wacom bamboo? I bought one in anticipation of this app and wondering how it works. Th e tip seems maybe a bit fat, but I've only used it with the dry erase app, for which it works very average.
    Hey nutty im just throwing some suggestions for the palm pad!

Well I was wondering if you have developed the palm pad yet? or if you simply have an idea yet! because I was looking at a youtube video of another note taking app called "notes plus" and it had implemented a palm pad. My question is since your app will have one, what happens when we finish line after line after line. Is the paper going to move along downwards automatically? Or will we have to manually move the palm pad further and further down the page? Will the palm pad be adjustable or fixed to a certain poisition you think is right?

The user will not use the ENTIRE palm pad. I mean we will basically use about 2/3 of the screen with our entire palm, so there will be a bit of space. My idea was maybe you could place like a "enter" button on the top left of the palm pad so that once we reach the end of the line, we click "enter" and bam! It moves on to the line below! So it kind of acts like a type writer I guess. That way, the palm pad can stay fixed and the user will not have to drag the palm pad further and further down the screen and you dont have to create some crazy code or something so that it automatically detects when you reach the end of the line lol

Just throwing some ideas at you Nutty! Im sure you have everything figured out =] just trying to help in any way form!

Thanks!
  17.    #437  
    Quote Originally Posted by DM13 View Post
    Hey nutty im just throwing some suggestions for the palm pad!

Well I was wondering if you have developed the palm pad yet? or if you simply have an idea yet! because I was looking at a youtube video of another note taking app called "notes plus" and it had implemented a palm pad. My question is since your app will have one, what happens when we finish line after line after line. Is the paper going to move along downwards automatically? Or will we have to manually move the palm pad further and further down the page? Will the palm pad be adjustable or fixed to a certain poisition you think is right?

The user will not use the ENTIRE palm pad. I mean we will basically use about 2/3 of the screen with our entire palm, so there will be a bit of space. My idea was maybe you could place like a "enter" button on the top left of the palm pad so that once we reach the end of the line, we click "enter" and bam! It moves on to the line below! So it kind of acts like a type writer I guess. That way, the palm pad can stay fixed and the user will not have to drag the palm pad further and further down the screen and you dont have to create some crazy code or something so that it automatically detects when you reach the end of the line lol

Just throwing some ideas at you Nutty! Im sure you have everything figured out =] just trying to help in any way form!

Thanks!
    It was going to be a non-responsive area about 100 pixels below the current writing, and it was going to move following your writing, but there's something odd about the multitouch recognition with the touchpad, sometimes it shows one finger, sometimes it picks up the palm as another, sometimes don't, it's driving me crazy

I think I'll go with the simpler approach:

1. When you put your pen/finger on the screen, it registers it as a touch start (it DOES in webOS).
    2. If you put more fingers before the drag start (before you start moving the first as registered by webOS), you will be able to do 2 or 3 finger gestures.
    3. If you start dragging with just one finger, it will ignore all other inputs until you lift all your fingers.

That should work, because as I said, the resting pad isn't working as I would like

Ideas? Does that sound fine?

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    To speak to the issue DM13 brings up, what if you simply created a "shift up/down" button. The default position of the page is full screen, there you can easily begin writing at the top of the page. But as you get to the bottom, you can press the "shift up" button which shifts the page up a third (or whatever works) placing the bottom of the page towards the middle where its easy to get to. If you want to see the full screen again, the button now reads "shift down", just press it.

Just a thought.
  19.    #439  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9orynych View Post
    I like it a lot - way more accurate then Griffin and another generic rubber tip I have (not sure who made it), very responsive, it feels more like writing on paper.

Few notes:

a) letters e, s, f are the most difficult to write even with Jot (delay + radius issue)
    b) definitely after I switch to page 3-4 (and sometimes earlier) I am starting to get an issue with pencil thickness - it either stay permanently VERY thick (I think about the last setting for thickness) and I have to screenshot + delete all, or I can create a new page couple of times and it finally lets me select the appropriate thickness. No idea what triggers this. Tried to have less text/per page, tried not to use colours - but could not get a consistent behaviour.
    c) thick white envelope works very well as palm guard
    d) life without spellchecker is not worth living

There are other bugs but they were already reported by other people

PS Apologies for not reporting earlier - was really busy at work last week
    The problem with the small letters is that you're not going over the radius limit that webOS has to recognize movements as dragging. That's the reason some users suggested to use the reduce drag radius patches, it helps in these cases.

Pencil thickness issues have been fixed.

Once I put the text fields, I'll look into the posibility of the spell check

20.    #440  
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimateboss View Post

I think it'll be a directory with all your pages and a file with the name of the notepad (perhaps description and/or names for each page).
    Another option is to create a self-contained package with the directory inside, compressed in some way.
    The third way could be a series of files that intead of including the png files, would include just the movement information, this way the pages could be recreated (perhaps slowly) but the file size should be considerably smaller.

The first option will be the one implemented at first, and the images will appear in a "nuttypad" album as a bonus