Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes
  1.    #401  
    Ok, first things first. Many thanks for all of you who have helped and suggested things, but a recent situation has changed my way of thinking about this, so I'm trimming the group:

Those had an active cooperation in the app, either by email or PM, or here in the forum, will be still here. Those who didn't report anything, I'll assume you are not testing, you didn't install it, or you are ok with 0.0.8, and you will have to wait till the release version.

Please, no more requests. I assume the ones that have sent PM are already aware that they won't get anything. Your PMs were read and I was hoping to share 0.0.9 with you. Sorry, not anymore.

That said, beta testers should have 0.0.9 this weekend, with some good surprises, and we may be in for a release next week, so, those who will be left out from the group won't lose much

Thanks again for your cooperation. And, the offer from the firsts posts will be honored, those beta testers who need a promo code, email me after the app has been released and we'll, work it out.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Bugger! I've been testing 0.0.7 and 0.0.8 at work all work and was going to send through a report this weekend....unfortunately I don't spend all week sitting on forums.

Not to worry, looking forward to the final release My only issue so far (other than the others outlined), is finding a pen that works well on the screen. My Griffin pen worked flawlessly on the iPad I had, but can't get it to write almost anything on the TP. Finger works fine.

Writing on screen with a finger is great! The smoothness is good, and is close to what is available on the iPad. Exporting is probably the one thing I'm keen on seeing - I need to have my notes from phone calls off the tp and filed.

Kudos for your efforts so far NuttyBunny
    Quote Originally Posted by lavo96 View Post
    Bugger! I've been testing 0.0.7 and 0.0.8 at work all work and was going to send through a report this weekend....unfortunately I don't spend all week sitting on forums.

Not to worry, looking forward to the final release My only issue so far (other than the others outlined), is finding a pen that works well on the screen. My Griffin pen worked flawlessly on the iPad I had, but can't get it to write almost anything on the TP. Finger works fine.

Writing on screen with a finger is great! The smoothness is good, and is close to what is available on the iPad. Exporting is probably the one thing I'm keen on seeing - I need to have my notes from phone calls off the tp and filed.

Kudos for your efforts so far NuttyBunny
    I just got the Acase stylus and I notice a small amount of delay, but I can't tell a difference between the stylus and my finger...pretty smooth both ways for me

Also x2 on exporting. I've been taking screenshots of my homework and printing those out lol.
  4.    #404  
    I also saw the delay, but it may be related on how much of the contact area is being detected by the TP, absolutely uncontrollable by a webOS app :-(

Try to write slowly and you'll see that it detects everything. I triple checked that and I'm certain it registers and draws everything it gets, from the moment you put the stylus/finger down to the moment you take it off.

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    I'm actively testing but not actively reporting. I read through what other people have reported and always find that I have nothing more to add. It's fine, though. I can definitely wait until release if need be.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    Could you possibly make the selection box color more contrasty or possibly of a color selected by the user if you are considering a user preferences screen? I am pretty old and have a hard time distinguishing the selected pen color. The current border appears to be Tan?
    Not sure how old "pretty old" is, but I felt as you do here.

Look forward to more testing AND feedback this weekend.

Thanks once again for letting me beta and provide you with input, this is what I enjoyed the most about my Pre, was testing and tinkering, working with developers, this is my first chance with the Touchpad.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Hopefully I'll be around to see this eraser width to pencil width issue resolved. The issue crops up after having nuttypad open a while and then it shows up more often once glitch happens. That is about all I can comment on the behaviour of the bug. I'm using a 32gb with a jot pro or a griffin stylus.

Edit: I just figured it out. You can trigger the bug one of two ways.

1.) Double tap eraser then switch back to pencil.
    2.) Tap pencil again while in pencil mode.

These reliably trigger the fat pen tip every time.
    Last edited by footemps; 10/07/2011 at 11:19 PM.
    does anyone here have the jot and the home made pen ?? If not I think I'm goin to make one and compare ...also for the delete page just put a x in the right corner,next to it you can have a little box like how a browser is but in this case by tapping that it opens up a quick pick for pages you have opened, use familiar icons like that will dummy proof it. then next to that a little save tab. keep everything neat by not cluttering everything to the bottom...and I know your working on saving but how hard would a auto save be ? Cause worst case your pad crashes while your multitasking and you lose everything. All the issues I've seen have all been listed pencil size, and responsiveness of the size bar...this was a pain In class cause I had to drop the pen and use my finger.....also I think you need to lose the yellow line back ground paper scan either make your own with the same lines to give the app better presentation. In beta mode that's ok but in a professional setting it will look like a scanned paper that we are writing on . I say this cause I had to defend it to a nosey on looker with the "shut up its a beta" line lol
    Jot works really well with Nuttypad. However there is occasionally a delay. Have folks compared the performance with and without a screen protector?
  10.    #410  
    Hopefully I'll be around to see this eraser width to pencil width issue resolved. The issue crops up after having nuttypad open a while and then it shows up more often once glitch happens. That is about all I can comment on the behaviour of the bug. I'm using a 32gb with a jot pro or a griffin stylus.

Edit: I just figured it out. You can trigger the bug one of two ways.

1.) Double tap eraser then switch back to pencil.
    2.) Tap pencil again while in pencil mode.

These reliably trigger the fat pen tip every time.
    Fixed, thanks!!

mcaf123 likes this.
  11.    #411  
    does anyone here have the jot and the home made pen ?? If not I think I'm goin to make one and compare ...also for the delete page just put a x in the right corner,next to it you can have a little box like how a browser is but in this case by tapping that it opens up a quick pick for pages you have opened, use familiar icons like that will dummy proof it. then next to that a little save tab. keep everything neat by not cluttering everything to the bottom...and I know your working on saving but how hard would a auto save be ? Cause worst case your pad crashes while your multitasking and you lose everything. All the issues I've seen have all been listed pencil size, and responsiveness of the size bar...this was a pain In class cause I had to drop the pen and use my finger.....also I think you need to lose the yellow line back ground paper scan either make your own with the same lines to give the app better presentation. In beta mode that's ok but in a professional setting it will look like a scanned paper that we are writing on . I say this cause I had to defend it to a nosey on looker with the "shut up its a beta" line lol
    hmm.... It IS a beta

One of the last functions to be added was to put more backgrounds (done) and even import backgrounds (not yet)

just to let people know that i bought myself a "targus stylus for media tablets" and it seems to work very nicely with this app! its got a rounded rubber tip at the end and even though it seems like a fairly big surface area with which to write, it seems to pick up everything.

this could be the issue people are having with their jot/jot pros.....its a very small tip for the TP to pick up on. assuming nutty will be implementing pan/zoom, having a slightly larger tip with which to write will probably work out better in the long run for ease of use and frustration at not everything appearing.

thanks again nutty for all your work and looking forward to the next beta (assuming thou had judged me worthy enough )
    Played with the other Beta's and now really looking forward to the full version coming out. Great work.

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Version 0.0.8:

I noticed if I tap on the eraser twice, use the eraser, then go back and use the pencil, the thickness changes to about twice the thickness of the widest selectable thickness, no matter the width you are using.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Staying on the theme of stylus, I have tried three so far :

1. cheap one from Dealextreme.com : Almost useless, it skips curve almost always.
    2. DIY with a bench cleaning sponge as tip and running up as a grip:
    Good : works well with slightly more thickness than default (or minimum ) thickness, this is good enough for me.
    No so good : Looks ugly, cant take it for taking notes etc.
    that sponge has some kind of oil or something to keep it moist and soft, once it dries then it could be bad for screen and when it is wet it leaves marks behind

3. Using a Hard disk static cover as explained by posts in this thread : works well for a few minutes but then the paper tip that i make starts to bend one way and also I think the material is so soft that it does not keep contact all the time with the screen.

Overall, I am still looking for a commercially made stylus that works well. Jot pro seems to have issues too as I gather from this thread.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    hmm.... It IS a beta

One of the last functions to be added was to put more backgrounds (done) and even import backgrounds (not yet)

Someone mentioned on this thread earlier that TouhcPad converts PDF into images (PNG it think), in that case we could potentially use for PDF annotations if you could implement this as a feature?
    Quote Originally Posted by vimak View Post
    Staying on the theme of stylus, I have tried three so far :

1. cheap one from Dealextreme.com : Almost useless, it skips curve almost always.
    2. DIY with a bench cleaning sponge as tip and running up as a grip:
    Good : works well with slightly more thickness than default (or minimum ) thickness, this is good enough for me.
    No so good : Looks ugly, cant take it for taking notes etc.
    that sponge has some kind of oil or something to keep it moist and soft, once it dries then it could be bad for screen and when it is wet it leaves marks behind

3. Using a Hard disk static cover as explained by posts in this thread : works well for a few minutes but then the paper tip that i make starts to bend one way and also I think the material is so soft that it does not keep contact all the time with the screen.

Overall, I am still looking for a commercially made stylus that works well. Jot pro seems to have issues too as I gather from this thread.
    i'll try and make a quick video and post a link on here of my targus stylus sometime soon to help you make a decision if u like?
    wooo~~ nutty is cutting some people XD unfortunate..

Thankfully i've been participating XD

So, what is the suprise that will be seen in the next beta patch?

Can't wait to see
    Quote Originally Posted by vimak View Post
    Someone mentioned on this thread earlier that TouhcPad converts PDF into images (PNG it think), in that case we could potentially use for PDF annotations if you could implement this as a feature?
    true but the conversion is lame and I worry about usability. However that should not stop nutty from trying
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtlong View Post
    true but the conversion is lame and I worry about usability. However that should not stop nutty from trying
    As far as usability is concerned, there are some for annotations. I usually take paper printed and the scribble on it in a meeting as an example. I could now scan and scribble on it and save it with my notes.