Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes
  1.    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Color picker inside pop is fine, I think he wants to see which color is selected all times though

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    How about this?

A preview dot INSIDE the pencil icon with color included? This way everything could be handled: Light up (and keep the icon lit depending if we're using pen of eraser).

Does it sound nice?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    this app is getting better and better each time!

the bugs I found was well described by Sketch.

Things that may improve though is to have 'page jump' system??

I have like 14 pages... And is really annoying to flip 14 times.. Lol

But this app is going great Nutty!

oh! Also can you change the background image to white back with only lines? Instead of yellow?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by quadrinka4 View Post
    this app is getting better and better each time!

the bugs I found was well described by Sketch.

Things that may improve though is to have 'page jump' system??

I have like 14 pages... And is really annoying to flip 14 times.. Lol

But this app is going great Nutty!

oh! Also can you change the background image to white back with only lines? Instead of yellow?

thanks
    See my latest post and you will see a feature I've suggested to combat the problem of having loads of open pages. What dyu think?
  4.    #384  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcaf123 View Post
    See my latest post and you will see a feature I've suggested to combat the problem of having loads of open pages. What dyu think?
    The page indicator is a button and will be used as a page picker

One thing at a time. I tend to break things when I change my programs too much, so, add a feature, test, see if it breaks something. Add another, etc. Besides, I'm trying to keep my code as clean as possible (of course, it's a real mess)

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Icons and toolbar design related...

1) I think it would be ideal if you got rid of the pencil options button and set up color/size selection with drop out menus. That way you have a visual cue indicating your size and color showing for the user.

2) It has already been mentioned but a drop out for page number would be great too.

3) The icons for navigating pages would also take up less space if they were visual

I know all your menus are pop out menus right now so I don't know how much of a change it would be to implement drop outs instead but I feel it would make it easier to preview what you are drawing with.
    Last edited by footemps; 10/06/2011 at 10:53 AM.
    I haven't tried to install a non-app store app yet so am not sure how to do it right.

thanks guys!
  7.    #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by tamalyn View Post
    I haven't tried to install a non-app store app yet so am not sure how to do it right.

thanks guys!
    mmm... really?
    Argh... look for Preware and/or webOS Quick Install

mcaf123 likes this.
    I am trying to install the beta. I tried to use the webos quick install but it had an error. I also installed preware, but don't know how to use it to install the file nutty gave me. The links I have found all talk about phones not touchpad so I don't know if it is the same process.

thanks!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I am trying to install the beta. I tried to use the webos quick install but it had an error. I also installed preware, but don't know how to use it to install the file nutty gave me. The links I have found all talk about phones not touchpad so I don't know if it is the same process.

thanks!
    I have added my email account to TP email client and simply click on the attachment and it installs itself.
    the dots fix is great, good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtlong View Post
    Until the palm guard is developed, I was thinking that using the screen cloth or similar that came with touchpad under your palm might work nicely as well has help you palm glide. Perhaps the beta testers could try.
    Tried microfibre cloth as suggested in post #375 (to rest one's palm on while writing) and it works perfectly well. Thank you for a great idea
  12.    #392  
    Tried microfibre cloth as suggested in post #375 (to rest one's palm on while writing) and it works perfectly well. Thank you for a great idea
    Great, one less issue to take care about. I suggest you start stocking in microfiber clothes! (NOT! :-)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

Quote Originally Posted by 9orynych View Post
    Cool. I thought it woild work. Mine is always in my folio on the screen (actually I have an non issue bigger one) so it is always handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtlong View Post
    Cool. I thought it woild work. Mine is always in my folio on the screen (actually I have an non issue bigger one) so it is always handy.
    I do the same thing!!

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by vimak View Post
    I have added my email account to TP email client and simply click on the attachment and it installs itself.
    I tried that. It seemed to be working, preware came up and asked what I wanted to do. I hit install and the downloading screen started.... But that is far as I got. It seemed to stall. I let it install for over an hour before I gave up and closed it out.

What am I doing wrong?
    I noticed a white border appeared on the top edge when using the lined paper background, 5mm
    So it seems as though the eraser to pencil width bug is still there, it just seems to manifest under different conditions. I've been trying to get consistently repeatable conditions but feels as though its random
    Any update on ETA on app store?
    Any chance of joining the beta test group?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I tried that. It seemed to be working, preware came up and asked what I wanted to do. I hit install and the downloading screen started.... But that is far as I got. It seemed to stall. I let it install for over an hour before I gave up and closed it out.

What am I doing wrong?
    Can you check if there is a preware update that you need to install first, also check if the network connection is still available, I had those issues with other apps too but that were because TP lost connection to the WIFI router.
    First I wanted to explore the observation that some have indicated makes them state that the app is too slow for e.g. lecture note taking. I don't believe this is NuttyPad's problem - but maybe could be addressed. I don't know enough about how the TouchPad determines when the user has "touched" the pad and what freedoms a programmer may have in modifying the trigger as passed to their application.

By the way, I DO have the patch titled, "Increase Touch Sensitivity And Smoothness 10" installed.

Try this: With NuttyPad running and the lined background selected, please put down your stylus and use your finger to create 6 or so cursive Capital Letters as big as two lines in height. Now, pick up the stylus of your choice and duplicate that line of letters at two lines in height just below where you created the originals.

My observations: The letters created with my finger exhibit absolutely no graphic loss or delay in their creation no matter how fast I make them. The letters created with my stylus (Jot Pro) all exhibit missing starting graphics or other partial graphics at the start of e.g. when making the horizontal dash portion of the cursive letter "F".

It appears that the pad just requires more time to trigger in response to a small contact area with respect to a larger contact area.

My 1 request. First - thanks for your hard work on this application. I am very impressed with what you have accomplished in such a short time thus far. I am certain it will be appreciated by all. Could you possibly make the selection box color more contrasty or possibly of a color selected by the user if you are considering a user preferences screen? I am pretty old and have a hard time distinguishing the selected pen color. The current border appears to be Tan?