Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes
  1.    #21  
    Well, in an attempt to get things done faster, I grabbed a HP P1102w printer, which is wireless, but turns out it won't work with the TouchPad.

After more research I found out that it will work with printers that support the PCL language natively, but these printers are normally more expensive than this one ($99).

I think I'll keep this one and my testers will be the ones doing the print tests until I can get a cheap network PCL capable HP laser printer.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    interesting... Im running a c4795 photosmart, and it works just fine.
    Man - I can't tell you how happy this makes me. I'm sad I didn't see this early enough to get in on the beta testing but the fact is that this app would be amazing for the notes I have to take for my classes (which are filled with engineering students even if I'm not one myself! lol).

Thanks a ton for working on this.
    Z Overlord likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Well, I'm starting this thread to comment on the development of a new handwriting note taking application for the TouchPad.

After gathering ideas and merging them with mine, I've come to the following features for the first version:

Things that will have:
    It will show a notebook-like page (customizable background per "block"), and you'll be able to navigate among pages flicking in the lower right corner.

It will allow handwritten notes in different colors and pencil thicknesses, as well as standard text fields. It will allow drawing straight lines as well as free drawing.

It will allow scrolling using 2 fingers or by dragging inside a small preview window.

It will save the notepads/pages in an undecided format, and it will be able to export them to png and print them to any printer configured on the TouchPad.

Things that it may have:
    Palm detection (to avoid phantom drawings made by your resting palm over the TP)
    Cloud synching (box.net, dropbox, etc)
    Configurable infinite scrolling with page breaks
    Villo Services

Things that it won't have:
    It won't support other printing methods than the ones provided by HP in webOS (HP wireless printers)
    It won't export to PDF
    It won't save in bizarre propietary formats

No more beta requests, please! we're full!!
    Beta participants will receive an email shortly.

Thanks to everyone for your patience

I love you.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I think I'll keep this one and my testers will be the ones doing the print tests until I can get a cheap network PCL capable HP laser printer.
    I have access to various HP printers in my company's network. As soon as the beta is released I will test it.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    I have access to various HP printers in my company's network. As soon as the beta is released I will test it.
    Have you considered helping on this other thread?

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...58#post3122058

Right now I mostly need SNMP information on compatible PCL printers. If you could do a snmpwalk to your printers it could be great. It's an effort to allow people with non-PCL printers print from their TouchPads

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Have you considered helping on this other thread?

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...58#post3122058

Right now I mostly need SNMP information on compatible PCL printers. If you could do a snmpwalk to your printers it could be great. It's an effort to allow people with non-PCL printers print from their TouchPads

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I was not aware of this thread. Problem neither to I nor the company I work with use Ubuntu. We're in the Windows 7 camp (at least for normal users).
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    I was not aware of this thread. Problem neither to I nor the company I work with use Ubuntu. We're in the Windows 7 camp (at least for normal users).
    You can still help by querying your printer(s) via snmp, check the other thread plz

Wow I made an account just for this app.

What's the chances there will be some kind of implementation of converting hand written notes into text??? I think that will push this app into the ultimate app!

Also I am a Chemical Engineer! Love that us Engineers are such nerds and need something to keep us organized!
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafs View Post
    Wow I made an account just for this app.

What's the chances there will be some kind of implementation of converting hand written notes into text??? I think that will push this app into the ultimate app!

Also I am a Chemical Engineer! Love that us Engineers are such nerds and need something to keep us organized!
    pretty low chances unless I could license something like grafitti, I won't develop a handwritten letter recognition algorithm for this. Let's keep it simple, that's the reason I'm adding text fields :P

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    You can still help by querying your printer(s) via snmp, check the other thread plz
    Ok I did as requested (I hope) in the other thread.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Looking forward to the app. As an engineer myself the ability to have a grid behind that maintains scale as zooming in would be wonderful. Even better would be to have that grid continue to add additional (finer) grid lines as the zoom became significant, but then you get into a question of whether you're maintaining the image as a bitmap or a series of vectors. If bitmap there's a limit to your ultimate resolution, but vectors can complicate redraw when you get lots of lines.
    May I suggest you carefully consider Michael Mace's proposal for an "InfoPad"? He oversaw a number of big surveys by Palm to determine what users would pay for, so his suggestions are informed by hard data:
    Mobile Opportunity: Desperately Seeking the Info Pad
    Also, When do you think this will be released? IF the Beta goes well etc... and how much do you think you will charge?

Thanks
    Can't wait for this, I was shocked that the touchpad didn't come with software for this already. If you end up wanting/needing more beta testers count me in!
    I don't think its a good idea to ask for release dates before the beta has even officially started. As far as how much it will cost... I'd imagine that largely depends on how much work he has to put into it!
    First of all thank you very much for doing this. I know its gonna be an incredible app. I just have a couple of questions and comments:

-Why is it that you can't make .pdf exports?
    -Please make a box.net/dropbox integration!
    -How much are you planning to charge? I would suggest a $2-3 price tag, even though personally I would be willing to pay a little bit more.
    pdf exporting is not currently supported by webOS, that's why he won't be trying to do it.
    You accepting donations? If you ever need more beta testers, just ask.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Along with Sketchbook Pro, I really really need a handwriting app for the Touchpad. Will it have auto line smoothing? Will it be available in the app store as well?
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast