Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 747
Like Tree242Likes
  1. #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by footemps View Post
    I have the patch installed but the radius is a bit wide for me to write subscript and superscript notations.
    likewise
  2.    #362  
    About the drag radius issue: It's a luna/webOS issue and can't be changed "per app", the behaviour is global. That's the reason I want to do zoom (at least a little bit).

    BTW, did I mention:
    Fixed dots
    Fixed trailing dots and lines when swapping pages (3 finger gesture)
    Fixed fat pen when having the eraser active and tapping clear pad
    Added page indicators
    Fixed color indicators
    Added pen and eraser icons with visual feedback
    Added confirmation dialog for erasing page
    These go in 0.0.8.

    I still want to do:
    * Fix thickness indicator
    * Save and Load
    * Implement palm rest area
    * Implement visual feedback for writing/erasing
    * Implement zoom+pan

    Still a while to finish since the last one will be perhaps the hardest, but we're going.

    If I feel fine with the package I should send it to the group tonight.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    PickleFart9, stbxxl and tamalyn like this.
  3. #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtlong View Post
    I think that this is not the issue. The issue is that nutty is trying very hard to work against the problem of the type of screen we have and what now appears to be a webOS problem. I just hope that all of nuttty's work will be great. But seems to me an up hill battle.
    What I was referring to is more related to the unrealistic requests people are making for features, rather than the issues that NuttyBunny is encountering on the first time he tries to implement his planned features (many of which have never been implemented on webOS). That stuff seems like a normal process to me.
    davidtlong likes this.
  4.    #364  
    0.0.8 released to beta testers.
    I may upload a video of it working later in the night.

    Notes:

    Just another release for your enjoyment.

    Thing still not working:
    * The pen settings is not remembering the previous settings
    * New page resets pen settings (related to the previous)
    * No page deletion ATM

    Things fixed:
    * Fat pen when having the eraser selected and clearing the pad
    * Dots
    * Trailing dots and lines when switching pages with 3-finger gesture
    * Color selection within pen options

    Things added:
    * Confirmation dialog for clearing page
    * Add page now adds whenever you are and not at the end as before
    * Icons with visual feedback for pen and eraser
    * Page indicators
    * Changed the toolbar icon colors (dark theme)


    Things planned for 0.0.9:
    * Multiple backgrounds (fixed, for now, but several ones)
    * Saving/Loading (BIG milestone here)

    Things planned for 0.0.10:
    * Zoom+pan
    * Palm rest area


    Please, report problems.

    Thanks!!!


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  5. bb22's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    #365  
    Just got home and installed this and I love the new menu. Will report anything I find...
  6. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #366  
    Nice!

    I am not getting feedback on either pencil or eraser usage, should the icons change in some way?

    Suggested enhancements:

    1. On the "Page: # of #" button, allow it to pop up to select a certain page number.
    2. Show page names along with numbers for those pages with saved page name on the "Page: # of #" button.

    I really like the enhance menu at the bottom, you are coming along very nicely with this, will easily become a top used app.

    Thanks for letting me beta.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  7. bb22's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    #367  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Nice!

    I am not getting feedback on either pencil or eraser usage, should the icons change in some way?

    Suggested enhancements:

    1. On the "Page: # of #" button, allow it to pop up to select a certain page number.
    2. Show page names along with numbers for those pages with saved page name on the "Page: # of #" button.

    I really like the enhance menu at the bottom, you are coming along very nicely with this, will easily become a top used app.

    Thanks for letting me beta.
    When you select one it'll light up when you touch it. Is there anyway to make the icon light up for whichever is currently selected? I seem to forget which I'm on sometimes and wonder why it's not writing when I walk away for a minute...lol
  8. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by bb22 View Post
    When you select one it'll light up when you touch it. Is there anyway to make the icon light up for whichever is currently selected? I seem to forget which I'm on sometimes and wonder why it's not writing when I walk away for a minute...lol
    I am not getting any feedback at any time. Not upon initial selection, change, never. I would expect feedback to be permanent in this case, it is either pencil or eraser, always one or the other, so the icon should change and stay changed. But I get nothing.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  9. #369  
    Installed 0.0.8., just amazing how far this app has come in short amount of time.

    Love the new menu. Don't have any indication when icons are selected?

    As for the drag, lag or skipping, have tried different stylus (targus, Bamboo, jot) to see if it makes a difference and the Jot is difinitely the way to go provided the patch "Increase Touch Sensivity and Smoothnes" is installed. Almost no lag, or skipping, small "e" no problem. Subscript and superscript possible with practice. A big improvement with the patch installed.

    It is a little difficult sometimes to write without the wrist or part of the hand touching the surface. The "palm rest area" feature coming later will be a great help.

    Overall, fantastic so far.

    Can't wait to see all the new features you mention are coming.
  10. #370  
    Ok a few bugs in .8

    I only played with it a drop so ...

    One bug I noticed the most is really 2 bugs in one :-P

    The icons don't light up (I have found if I tap and hold the eraser I can sometimes get it to light) but they work as before tap eraser & you erase (icon not lit) ... The problem is that if you tap the eraser 2 times than tap on the pencil two times the pencil size goes from thin to thick .. But pencil options are set for thin


    That's all I found right now... Will keep playing

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  11. #371  
    .8 works great, no more problems with the swiping.
    Like the page indicator and delete confirmation.
    I agree if the pencil/eraser could stay highlighted it would be great.
    Dotting i's is easy now.

    Great job! On vacation now, can't wait to try it at work.
  12. #372  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    0.0.8 released to beta testers.
    I may upload a video of it working later in the night.

    Notes:

    Just another release for your enjoyment.

    Thing still not working:
    * The pen settings is not remembering the previous settings
    * New page resets pen settings (related to the previous)
    * No page deletion ATM

    Things fixed:
    * Fat pen when having the eraser selected and clearing the pad
    * Dots
    * Trailing dots and lines when switching pages with 3-finger gesture
    * Color selection within pen options

    Things added:
    * Confirmation dialog for clearing page
    * Add page now adds whenever you are and not at the end as before
    * Icons with visual feedback for pen and eraser
    * Page indicators
    * Changed the toolbar icon colors (dark theme)


    Things planned for 0.0.9:
    * Multiple backgrounds (fixed, for now, but several ones)
    * Saving/Loading (BIG milestone here)

    Things planned for 0.0.10:
    * Zoom+pan
    * Palm rest area


    Please, report problems.

    Thanks!!!


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    hey nutty. Its coming along nicely! Just downloaded the new version and had a little play.

    I hate to rain on your parade, but the pencil colour selection option isn't fully fixed yet......once you add a new page, click on pencil options and select another colour you get a box around both - however, this only happens with a maximum of 2 colours.

    as far as usability goes there are still a couple of changes needed:
    hopefully you will change all the text buttons as per my suggestions a while ago to icons. Might I suggest adding a touch of colour to them as well? For example, make the end of the eraser solid red or something - I just think adding a bit of colour spruces up an otherwise fairly bland (only due to all the blackness down there :-)) toolbar.

    also, in the bottom right corner could you add a popup list like the one in the webOS adobe PDF reader which allows you to quickly select a page you've created? Very useful if a user has had the app open a while.

    I also agree with previous posters who've said that there needs to be permanent feedback on the pencil/eraser selection - the user still needs to know where they are up to so to speak.

    all in all it seems to be progressing nicely and I'm eagerly awaiting save and background loading.....thanx again for all your hard work!!! :-)
  13. #373  
    So far so good. Can't wait for save/load (Finally free of my notebooks yay!).

    As to bugs, so far i've found:
    -When you switch to a different page, the pen width resets to minimum. Problematic -.-
    -Icons don't light up

    Suggestions:
    -Have the eraser width be the same as the pen width? Its annoying erasing one pixel wide at a time when your lines are like 10 pix thick


    Otherwise, looks good!
  14. foriesg's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #374  
    I have found a bug but have been unable to recreate it. When using white it made a huge line the first time selecting it...while the selector was on the smallest point. I did a screen capture but I'm on the precentral unofficial and can't figure out how to add it. Also the green written is not the green shown. Great job...
  15. #375  
    Quote Originally Posted by pmart09 View Post
    Installed 0.0.8., just amazing how far this app has come in short amount of time.

    Love the new menu. Don't have any indication when icons are selected?

    As for the drag, lag or skipping, have tried different stylus (targus, Bamboo, jot) to see if it makes a difference and the Jot is difinitely the way to go provided the patch "Increase Touch Sensivity and Smoothnes" is installed. Almost no lag, or skipping, small "e" no problem. Subscript and superscript possible with practice. A big improvement with the patch installed.

    It is a little difficult sometimes to write without the wrist or part of the hand touching the surface. The "palm rest area" feature coming later will be a great help.

    Overall, fantastic so far.

    Can't wait to see all the new features you mention are coming.
    Until the palm guard is developed, I was thinking that using the screen cloth or similar that came with touchpad under your palm might work nicely as well has help you palm glide. Perhaps the beta testers could try.
  16. #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by foriesg View Post
    I have found a bug but have been unable to recreate it. When using white it made a huge line the first time selecting it...while the selector was on the smallest point. I did a screen capture but I'm on the precentral unofficial and can't figure out how to add it. Also the green written is not the green shown. Great job...
    This is this bug that I reported earlier... I believe

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...68#post3194868

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  17. vimak's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #377  
    Hey Nutty,

    this looks better, couple of suggestion to improve, sorry if already mentioned by someone :

    1. Instead of or in addition to page buttons at the bottom if you can implement a a hand or a pointer that disables the wrriting and erasing but enables page next or page previous based on hand gesture

    2. Have colored dots at the bottom as color picker

    here's the video, quick and dirty

  18. vimak's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #378  
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    So very dismissive... vimak, try out handwriting recognition with an active Wacom digitizer on Windows 7. Then try it on OneNote. You'll be amazed at the accuracy before it's trained to your handwriting style and stunned afterward. There is no problem with the tech per se and people like jemmuzik who have very good reasons to use it end up swearing by TabletPCs after they get one. The actual problems with adoption are due to the current implementation: 1) nobody has natural handwriting recognition anywhere near Microsoft's quality and Microsoft is happy keeping it to themselves, 2) after some practice you can type on a good OSK not quite as fast as you can write by hand, but close enough, and 3) it's currently only available on Windows tablet PCs that have a bad rap, have shorter battery life, are heavier and bigger than these ARM things, are more expensive, and are nearly impossible to find good ones in stores making it impossible for people to demo.

    Anyway to the rest, it's for these reasons that there's no way you'll see good handwriting recognition implemented by any individual developer like NuttyBunny, and it's crazy to have such expectations for this app in particular. You'll see it incorporated in Windows 8 ARM tablets but that will be done by Microsoft who will let developers use it, not implemented by an independent app developer...
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will try out handwriting on Windows onenote but not in a mood to spend money on a Windows tablet, at least for now. I am happy with what Nutty has put together in quick time frame and I don't mind reading my own handwriting

    This is just for me to take notes in a meeting, quick to do list, quick jot down an idea while on train etc. etc.
  19.    #379  
    Quote Originally Posted by vimak View Post
    1. Instead of or in addition to page buttons at the bottom if you can implement a a hand or a pointer that disables the wrriting and erasing but enables page next or page previous based on hand gesture

    2. Have colored dots at the bottom as color picker

    here's the video, quick and dirty

    Nice video, but you should really try to build one of the other type of stylus

    1. You mean something like a "mode indicator" depending on the gesture so users know what's happening??

    2. I wanted it to be hidden to keep the app simple Opinions people? Leave the color picker outside or inside the popup?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  20. #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Nice video, but you should really try to build one of the other type of stylus

    1. You mean something like a "mode indicator" depending on the gesture so users know what's happening??

    2. I wanted it to be hidden to keep the app simple Opinions people? Leave the color picker outside or inside the popup?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Color picker inside pop is fine, I think he wants to see which color is selected all times though

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions