Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes
    mmm, btw, I would love to help test it out.

And thanks so much for taking the time to create this!
  2.    #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by jemmuzik View Post
    I would love it if it could work with dropbox or save as a txt file or send via email...(though a girl can dream that it suddenly appears fully formatted in a .doc - Office Word - format)

Wishlist:
    * User Friendly
    * Security in transit (coded during email transport from Touchpad to computer) -- is this even possible?
    * Amazing handwritten recognition to text
    * Possible integration with Voice to Text sort of App or included in this one

* Save as text file or .doc (MS Word) compatible/convertible/readable
    * Email portable option as simple text
    * Sendable to Dropbox or some other secured Cloud environment
    * Easily erase letters/words/sentence
    * Multiple pages (thumbnails?)
    etc...
    Ok, let's get this out of the way: No, there's no planned handwritten recognition. Nope, too hard.

It should sync to dropbox in a later version.

Multiple pages are already in (no thumbnails tho).

It will have text entry via keyboard, to make small notes. This text may or may not be editable (depending on how hard it will be to implement it).

Don't get your hopes too high. I'm aiming for a useful notepad application, not for a full do-everything app

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    With close integration with box.net, I hope you are able to integrate with this app.

A way to rest your hand on the screen and write without your hand registering marks would be nice.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  4.    #344  
    Got the page indicator ready. Trying to add a page selector as well...

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    So we will need photofun in order to save?
  6.    #346  
    Quote Originally Posted by jining View Post
    So we will need photofun in order to save?
    No, I meant that since I made my service for PhotoFun, I'll reuse it in the code (I have to modify it a bit and it goes bundled within the app.

So, PhotoFun is not necessary for the app, but you could buy it for fun, or to support me
    oh I see, thanks.

So I'm taking notes right now in class with the adonit jot, I having a hard time making small sized e's....its strange.

Also I found that as I'm writing, some spots won't let me write in, its very frustrating lol
    Last edited by jining; 10/05/2011 at 12:03 PM.
    The capacitive sensor grid only has so much resolution. The only way to get the accuracy you want is with an active system like the htc flyer or a tablet laptop
    well, if I write slow, I can make the size letters I want, so I think its the lag, not the resolution.
  10.    #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by footemps View Post
    The capacitive sensor grid only has so much resolution. The only way to get the accuracy you want is with an active system like the htc flyer or a tablet laptop
    That's NOT the "small e" issue. The problem is that webOS has a delay known as the drag radius which you have to cross for the movement to be register as a move and not a tap.

That's the reason I recommend some patch. I found the one called "Increase Touch Sensivity and Smoothnes". That should do the trick.

Please install it and report if you can do smaller letters with the Jot (I left my super duper pen at home)

Thanks!!
    I already have it installed, is there a way to further decrease the radius, as the patch reduces to 10px but I hear 8 is better
    I keep experiencing times where I can't write in a space, for example I'm writing a word and I can't write a letter in it. Very annoying, I have to switch to pen and paper for now, I can't keep up with lecture notes.
    I have the patch installed but the radius is a bit wide for me to write subscript and superscript notations.
    Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Nope, it's optional.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    EXCELLENT!!!

Now how can I apply as a beta tester? This is the app I've been waiting for!
    Nutty,

Keep up the good work. I'm excited to see what the finished product looks like.

As for handwriting recognition... I'm sure it's prohibitively tough, and it probably won't make it. That would be a real home-run, though.

I'm not sayin... I'm just sayin...
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    I found a limitation for cursive writers on the beta. It usually won't get to that point but after writing a long line I'm guessing the buffer you have fills up and then you can't see what you write until you lift the pen.

It doesn't seem like a big issue since you`d have to write a long line of text without lifting your stylus

Edit: Also, a couple questions:
    1. is there a way to force the drag radius to reduce when in nuttypad?
    2. Will you be able to set you palm negation zones? I'm a lefty after all lol
    Last edited by footemps; 10/05/2011 at 03:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Hand recongnising is not important at all, I cant remember seeing a successfull hand recongising app in real world, Palm had its earlier devices that did not succeed. I see people frustrated correcting text. I like to use this is my note taker, things to do etc.... so lets see this taking a good shape with save and export to pdf as well ( I know Nutty you mentioned no PDF output).
    Quote Originally Posted by jining View Post
    I keep experiencing times where I can't write in a space, for example I'm writing a word and I can't write a letter in it. Very annoying, I have to switch to pen and paper for now, I can't keep up with lecture notes.
    hmm, I don't like the sound of this. Hopefully this will get worked out
    Quote Originally Posted by vimak View Post
    Hand recongnising is not important at all, I cant remember seeing a successfull hand recongising app in real world, Palm had its earlier devices that did not succeed.
    So very dismissive... vimak, try out handwriting recognition with an active Wacom digitizer on Windows 7. Then try it on OneNote. You'll be amazed at the accuracy before it's trained to your handwriting style and stunned afterward. There is no problem with the tech per se and people like jemmuzik who have very good reasons to use it end up swearing by TabletPCs after they get one. The actual problems with adoption are due to the current implementation: 1) nobody has natural handwriting recognition anywhere near Microsoft's quality and Microsoft is happy keeping it to themselves, 2) after some practice you can type on a good OSK not quite as fast as you can write by hand, but close enough, and 3) it's currently only available on Windows tablet PCs that have a bad rap, have shorter battery life, are heavier and bigger than these ARM things, are more expensive, and are nearly impossible to find good ones in stores making it impossible for people to demo.

Anyway to the rest, it's for these reasons that there's no way you'll see good handwriting recognition implemented by any individual developer like NuttyBunny, and it's crazy to have such expectations for this app in particular. You'll see it incorporated in Windows 8 ARM tablets but that will be done by Microsoft who will let developers use it, not implemented by an independent app developer...
    Last edited by PickleFart9; 10/05/2011 at 05:35 PM. Reason: crazy how I never see a typo until immediately after I hit the submit button
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    So very dismissive... vimak, try out handwriting recognition with an active Wacom digitizer on Windows 7. Then try it on OneNote. You'll be amazed at the accuracy before it's trained to your handwriting style and stunned afterward. There is no problem with the tech per se and people like jemmuzik who have very good reasons to use it end up swearing by TabletPCs after they get one. The actual problems with adoption are due to the current implementation: 1) nobody has natural handwriting recognition anywhere near Microsoft's quality and Microsoft is happy keeping it to themselves, 2) after some practice you can type on a good OSK not quite as fast as you can write by hand, but close enough, and 3) it's currently only available on Windows tablet PCs that have a bad rap, have shorter battery life, are heavier and bigger than these ARM things, are more expensive, and are nearly impossible to find good ones in stores making it impossible for people to demo.

Anyway to the rest, it's for these reasons that there's no way you'll see good handwriting recognition implemented by any individual developer like NuttyBunny, and it's crazy to have such expectations for this app in particular. You'll see it incorporated in Windows 8 ARM tablets but that will be done by Microsoft who will let developers use it, not implemented by an independent app developer...
    I think that this is not the issue. The issue is that nutty is trying very hard to work against the problem of the type of screen we have and what now appears to be a webOS problem. I just hope that all of nuttty's work will be great. But seems to me an up hill battle.