Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    One bug I discovered in 007:

Start with minimum pen width and draw something.
    Choose eraser and remove some lines.
    Click "Clear Pad".
    Click "Use Pencil".
    Draw and it comes up as fat lines but the preference is still at minimum.

BTW, I would suggest a preference to confirm the "Clear Pad". I accidentally hit it while moving my grip and "Poof!" all my work was gone.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    You don't need to check the thread every 20 minutes. Subscribe to it, have the forum send emails whenever an answer is posted :P

That said, I have 0.0.6. It will be sent first to the first testers, and later in the night I'll send it to the second batch of testers. I still have to go through all the PMs and get your email addresses

No, I won't post an ipk url here.

New things: NOT that much:
    Color and Width for lines
    Toolbar for accesing options at the bottom
    Internally it supports multitouch, getting ready for scrolling.

No text input yet, no saving yet, no opacity

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Hi,
    Can I have one to test? I live outside US / Canada (Chile), so I cannot buy apps through HP Store . I am very willing to contribute to this project any way I could. HP Touchpad is great.
    One bug I discovered in 007:

Start with minimum pen width and draw something.
    Choose eraser and remove some lines.
    Click "Clear Pad".
    Click "Use Pencil".
    Draw and it comes up as fat lines but the preference is still at minimum.

BTW, I would suggest a preference to confirm the "Clear Pad". I accidentally hit it while moving my grip and "Poof!" all my work was gone.
    I also have a similar problem with 0.0.7... The switch from eraser to pencil uses the width of the eraser rather than the pencil setting.
    My stylus should finally get here tomorrow. I haven't extensively used the app yet, but so far it's making great improvements
    this app is sounding great. Hoping I can get a beta test so I can take notes in my econ classes
    Had the same error as ggendel. Quite annoying.

Also, i think the next feature you should implement, as least for the beta is the saving notes. It would be quite useful until the full version is released.

And if theres anyway to make it so when you tap, it creates a dot, it would be very helpful in distinguishings my i's from l's.

Otherwise, it's working pretty well!
    Hey NuttyBunny,

Well I first want to tell you for thank you for listening to some of our requests as a developer. I know it means a lot to us that you hear us out and really incorporate our ideas and thoughts. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to review your app and making it better for the entire TP community. Now onwards with the APP! Some of the things that I say will be repeated from other users and what I have said previously but why not show the emphasis!

I want to thank you for the eraser!!! It is a great size and it really does beat that last eraser! It is very smooth. But I would still like to recommend if you could put a lined circle around it? So we can visually see where it is so we can better erase mistakes in our work.

I want to also state that, like what other users have said that if you click on eraser and back to use pencil, it picks up the width of the eraser and defaults it to and the color black. Its kind of frustrating since you might be drawing something with precision and then all of a sudden have this big streak going through your work. This is where the rounded lined eraser can come to play =D

I have also noticed that sometimes when are writing, sometimes it does not show up on the current page you are on. Sometimes you just keep scratching and scratching away, to find out that it showed up on a previous page. This has happened repeatedly to me and for some reasons always shows up on the first page. I don't know if this can be replicated or if it has happened to any other users but I just wanted to point that out to you.

Also, I think we have all come to agree some page numbers lol now with the multi-touch tool, which is awesome! We need to know what pages we are on.

Then what your email had said about the selection of the colors on the boxes. I know you are aware of that one.

Also, I have tried the "radius" patch you have mentioned and it definitely has worked well and improved the response time with my Jot Pro! But there is still some lagging and sometimes it does not capture the full line that you draw. It only catches like the end of a stroke. I'm not a programmer or encoder of any sort so please excuse me with this question I have lol Essentially, I conducted a test since I had just bought my $40 jot pro and was puzzled since it didn't function like it did for some other tablets. So when writing of course, sometimes it did not even record the line that I had drawn, or only pieces.

So what I did was color the whole screen black. I mean COMPLETELY black. Then I used the eraser. I erased much of the black color that I had just sketched. To my surprise, there was basically NO LAG whatsoever. I mean I could go fast with erasing and it kept up with my jot pro. But when I did the same thing with writing, it did not keep up. It was hard for it to follow it let alone with my finger. Now this is where I'm no expert it lol Essentially the eraser is like a pencil? I mean it reacts to a persons finger or stylus much in the same way when writing. Except obviously is erases. Now the "coding" you have done to the eraser to keep up with the finger, could you not apply it to the pencil? So that the pencil has the same accuracy and quick response time with much less mistakes as the eraser? I guess that's my question to you =]

Also deletion of pages would be great, also maybe when we click on the eraser it could be like I guess you can say "con-caved or pressed" so it could allow the user to know that you are using the eraser? Those are just some random ones =]

I'm sorry for such the long post! But I figured that maybe the more information I can offer you, the better this app could become! Like I said with the whole eraser and pencil issue, I'm no software engineer of that matter and just wondered if that could apply to this app and stuff so its merely a question lol

But thanks for 0.0.7 beta! It truly is a piece of art!
    I also noticed that when you write with a bigger pencil thickness that its more accurate than when the pencil is set to a low setting. Just thought I'd put that in there. Forgot about that part lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimateboss View Post
    well i havent played with the new version yet but i woke up this morning to UPS knocking .... the jot was here! ...so i played with it.. its cool but in no way responsive enough for fast writing (college notes i write VERY FAST) you will spend more time trying to correct and get left behind. i find that when you connect your letters like script its easier cause it is one constant flow and you can see the line as you write BUT..its starting a new line that is a pain in tha ***! cause its sometimes slow in response which leave you with half of a letter. the letters in the picture that are messy are the ones i had to go over and try to fix. ill also play and see if angles play a difference

ok soo just played with 007 much better..eraser is now truly amazing..
    wow that does not look good
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtlong View Post
    wow that does not look good
    :-( :-(
    Read the whole thread. Whew, there are quite a few excited TP owners out there (can't really blame them).

I too, am eagerly awaiting this app. You've taken on an ambitious project, Nutty.

I have one suggestion that I haven't seen mentioned yet. Smart tags. When I was using OneNote, one thing I used a lot was tagging a word or line as a task or a star. Tasks was nice because it would sync with my Outlook tasks, but just having a line tagged with a check mark next to it was awesome.

Suggestion: Smart tags (stars, exclamation points, and a selectable check mark box would be awesome)

I'm excited to give you some of my money. It's about dang time I can use this TP at work.
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    any idea when a public release will be available? This is the one huge app I have been waiting for.....
    Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    So is a stylus required for.this.app?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  14.    #334  
    So is a stylus required for.this.app?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Nope, it's optional.

Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  15.    #335  
    Right now I'm puzzled trying to add the page numbers, but for some reason I can't get the number changed when i switch the page. Go figure. I spent most of my dev time trying to improve that but no dice :-(

I've already fixed the dots btw. I still have to look into the "slow start" again. Also I'll revisit the slow ending. I changed several things when doing the eraser part. I'm quite sure something went wrong and it failed to work the same way as it was working before. Still, expect some more occasional breakages as I'm implementing an extra 'preview' layer which will show, for instance, the famous erasing circle, and a preview of the line being drawn, in hopes of fixing the opacity setting that I was trying to put into 0.0.7.

As for the DM13 post, the drawing routines for lines and eraser are different. The lines use curves, while the eraser uses straight lines between points. I'll check your comments and see what went wrong since the pencil was working perfectly on .6

As for the saving, I have my saving service from PhotoFun (have you guys bought it already?) so it will be straightforward, but I'm focusing on the tiny features first.

And the release date, well, I really don't know. As you know or don't, I have a full time job which sometimes lets me work on my apps, but other times leave me no spare time :-(

Keep in touch. Ah, btw, those emails and PMs that I have been received, sorry. Maybe for 0.0.8.

Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Nutty, great job with 0.0.7. Eraser is silky smooth now. And I've got to say, your effort in implementing the homemade stylus looks so much better than mine! I need to invest a little more time into making mine look less laughable. It really does work amazingly well thou doesn't it? Glad someone else found it as jaw dropping as me.
    I like the ap, it writes great and erases great.
    I've had the same issue with the 3 finger swipe where it leaves marks or the writing is on the previous page, but that may be me swiping incorrectly.

I agree with adding page #'s or being able to identify by date would be great (one note has a box on the page where you write the date or title of the note and it automatically titles it with what is written in that box). Since this ap will most likely be used by most at work or at school being able to identify and switch to a specific note would be very useful. If possible something like the ubercalendar patch would be good where using the sliding pane feature could move the page to the side and reveal your other notes (identified by page, subject, or date) and allow you to switch to whatever page you need. Being able to change the color of the notebook paper would be a nice option.

thanks for using your spare time to work on this.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimateboss View Post
    well i havent played with the new version yet but i woke up this morning to UPS knocking .... the jot was here! ...so i played with it.. its cool but in no way responsive enough for fast writing (college notes i write VERY FAST) you will spend more time trying to correct and get left behind. i find that when you connect your letters like script its easier cause it is one constant flow and you can see the line as you write BUT..its starting a new line that is a pain in tha ***! cause its sometimes slow in response which leave you with half of a letter. the letters in the picture that are messy are the ones i had to go over and try to fix. ill also play and see if angles play a difference

ok soo just played with 007 much better..eraser is now truly amazing..
    Not even the iPad with any of the notes apps available are fast enough to keep up. You either have to go a HTC Flyer, an Newton 2100 with the conversion turned off, or possible that new Boogie Board I saw today on Engadget. Wonder if the game changed a bit today with Siri....
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Right now I'm puzzled trying to add the page numbers, but for some reason I can't get the number changed when i switch the page. Go figure. I spent most of my dev time trying to improve that but no dice :-(

I've already fixed the dots btw. I still have to look into the "slow start" again. Also I'll revisit the slow ending. I changed several things when doing the eraser part. I'm quite sure something went wrong and it failed to work the same way as it was working before. Still, expect some more occasional breakages as I'm implementing an extra 'preview' layer which will show, for instance, the famous erasing circle, and a preview of the line being drawn, in hopes of fixing the opacity setting that I was trying to put into 0.0.7.

As for the DM13 post, the drawing routines for lines and eraser are different. The lines use curves, while the eraser uses straight lines between points. I'll check your comments and see what went wrong since the pencil was working perfectly on .6

As for the saving, I have my saving service from PhotoFun (have you guys bought it already?) so it will be straightforward, but I'm focusing on the tiny features first.

And the release date, well, I really don't know. As you know or don't, I have a full time job which sometimes lets me work on my apps, but other times leave me no spare time :-(

Keep in touch. Ah, btw, those emails and PMs that I have been received, sorry. Maybe for 0.0.8.

got photofun last week
    I would love it if it could work with dropbox or save as a txt file or send via email...(though a girl can dream that it suddenly appears fully formatted in a .doc - Office Word - format)

I write, and prefer handwriting my manuscripts; so the tedious work of typing it is one I would much rather avoid. Cut and Paste works, though anything you can do to make that ease of transition from handwriting to text into a word doc and I wouldn't mind paying well for such an App. As I want to avoid buying a pc slate after having dropped money into a mini notebook that was too small to type with, 2 iPads, and the HP Touchpad before the firesales exploded.

Please help those of us who are serious writers! ... who aren't as technologically savvy as all the rest of you.

Wishlist:
    * User Friendly
    * Security in transit (coded during email transport from Touchpad to computer) -- is this even possible?
    * Amazing handwritten recognition to text
    * Possible integration with Voice to Text sort of App or included in this one
    * Save as text file or .doc (MS Word) compatible/convertible/readable
    * Email portable option as simple text
    * Sendable to Dropbox or some other secured Cloud environment
    * Easily erase letters/words/sentence
    * Multiple pages (thumbnails?)
    etc...