Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes
  1.    #301  
    There, everyone who sent me their email should at this very moment have 0.0.7. If you don't, check your spam folders, if it isn't there send me an email
    I'll upload a small video for everybody else to see what you're playing with right now.
    Thanks guys!

I expect your feedback!
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  2.    #302  
    And now, for a small teaser:

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    And now, for a small teaser:

Thanks for this video, its great, my stylus is obviously crap $3 wasted

I did send you two PMS but didn't email for .0.0.7 beta, are you able to send thru once more I will include email I'd in pm this time.

looking forward to using it.
  4.    #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by vimak View Post
    Thanks for this video, its great, my stylus is obviously crap $3 wasted

I did send you two PMS but didn't email for .0.0.7 beta, are you able to send thru once more I will include email I'd in pm this time.

looking forward to using it.
    PM your email, I sent you a message a couple hours ago and got no answer :P

Got 0.0.7! I like it a lot, it seems like it will be very handy. Is there a way to save notes or is that not implemented yet? I want to try it out during lecture, but not if I can't save my notes lol...

A few thoughts after using it for a few minutes:

-The adonit jot works pretty well, but there is slight lag when writing, probably just a beta thing.
    -A background of grid paper would be amazing for taking notes in engineering/math classes! I like the notebook paper though, its way better than a white background.
    -A way to number pages and save notes in groups would be very handy, ie. a group for each class someone is taking
    -I've had two instances where a long straight line was drawn across the page as I put my stylus to the screen
    -When switching from eraser then back to pencil, I had the pencil size go to max. I haven't been able to replicate it again though.

Thanks for the good work Nutty, and the opportunity to beta test.
    baconshrimpwhiz likes this.
  6.    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by jining View Post
    Got 0.0.7! I like it a lot, it seems like it will be very handy. Is there a way to save notes or is that not implemented yet? I want to try it out during lecture, but not if I can't save my notes lol...

A few thoughts after using it for a few minutes:

-The adonit jot works pretty well, but there is slight lag when writing, probably just a beta thing.
    -A background of grid paper would be amazing for taking notes in engineering/math classes! I like the notebook paper though, its way better than a white background.
    -A way to number pages and save notes in groups would be very handy, ie. a group for each class someone is taking
    -I've had two instances where a long straight line was drawn across the page as I put my stylus to the screen
    -When switching from eraser then back to pencil, I had the pencil size go to max. I haven't been able to replicate it again though.

Thanks for the good work Nutty, and the opportunity to beta test.
    The small delay is webOS fault. Install the reduce drag radius patch to improve it.
    The background and saving stuff is not implemented (but you can set the background to white and take a screenshot with power+center).
    I haven't had the line issue, but I did had the pencil width reset once. Haven't able to replicate either

quadrinka4 and omensis like this.
    Wow, it is certainly coming along nicely. Like the video and where things are heading and I'd also like to help if you need it, but I suspect you have plenty of help.

Either way, keep up the great work! Sorli...
    Got 0.0.7 as well. I'm liking this app a lot. Have only used it for a few minutes now, but I did notice one bug so far. When choosing different colors, the box around the old color doesn't go away and looks like you have multiple colors chosen. So example would be at first black is highlighted, when you change color to red, now both black and red are highlighted, but you write in red.

The app is coming along nicely though. Great job, can't wait til this goes live.
    Ok a few bugs...

1) Color picker ... After changing it multiple times it shows all the previous selected colors as selected currently
    2) Every page defaults back to thin black pencil, even though it clearly shows otherwise in pencil options
    3) Still can't tell when eraser is selected
    4) Swiping pages leaves trailing "swipes" on the page (3 finger swipe)
    5) no way to delete page
    6) the "Remember" bug that I posted before still exists , though this may be related to bug number (2)

That is all for now

GREAT WORK SO FAR !!!

-- Sent from my Palm Touchpad using Communities
    quadrinka4 likes this.
    This App is getting better in each App.

Just like Sketch mentioned,

When you pick a color, it has gray square around the color which you pick.

However, this 'square' does not go away after choosing a different color. So, if I choose 4 different colors, there will be 4 squares around each colors.

I also think, since we now have 3 fingers swipe, It is important to have page numbers on the bottom, so we can tell in which pages we are in

But i do love the fact that page flipping is very fast and accurate.

Adding eraser adjustable Size will help also.

I use lots of graphs and cell genome shapes and etc. during my Lab, and using small eraser takes forever to erase them. so.. Maybe adjusting eraser Size, just like the penscil will help too.

But , you are doing a great job Nutty,.. I can tell it is improving alot which is great

I dont' know if you mentioned this but, are you also planning on importing the background??

Thanks anyways.
    Oh one more thing...

Check out Tabbed Memos: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...cationid=10667

For an idea of sorting folders etc...

So I'm looking around preware for the reduce drag radius but can't find it. Anyone want to point me in the right direction?
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    The small delay is webOS fault. Install the reduce drag radius patch to improve it.....
    Where do I find this reduce drag radius patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by footemps View Post
    So I'm looking around preware for the reduce drag radius but can't find it. Anyone want to point me in the right direction?
    Found it, its in preware under "increase touch sensitivity and smoothness 10" I already had it installed..... dang im still getting this lag.
    Quote Originally Posted by jining View Post
    Found it, its in preware under "increase touch sensitivity and smoothness 10" I already had it installed..... dang im still getting this lag.
    Nutty is not taking about this patch.
    He is saying to install patch called 'Remove Tap Ripple'. This will greatly enhance the typing on touchpad.
    I'm pretty it is the patch he is talking about. Its the preware version of the reduce drag radius patch that he mentioned, read the description. Ill check out the ripple patch too.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Hi Nutty,

I installed the app, looks really good, it recognises my cursive writing nicely, does not need to put preasure on screen.

I only have features suggestions that are 'nice to have', they may be covered already but at the risk of repeating I list them here :

1. Is it possible to have a shape recognition if selected through a menu item or something.
    2. lines on the page can be little less spacious, may be half of the current gap.
    3. If you have to bring PDFs (or any image for that matter) for annotation, I suppose you will have to .
    4. Not able write a dot sometimes required for colons and semi colons
    create layer(s) (or a transparent page) on top of PDF to annotate.

And yes, I ran down to the nearby PC parts shop to beg for a Hard disk cover to make the DIY stylus as posted earlier, works quite nicely.

Thanks for this, waiting for it be released to catalog.
    Last edited by vimak; 10/04/2011 at 10:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Ok a few bugs...

1) Color picker ... After changing it multiple times it shows all the previous selected colors as selected currently
    2) Every page defaults back to thin black pencil, even though it clearly shows otherwise in pencil options
    3) Still can't tell when eraser is selected
    4) Swiping pages leaves trailing "swipes" on the page (3 finger swipe)
    5) no way to delete page
    6) the "Remember" bug that I posted before still exists , though this may be related to bug number (2)

That is all for now

GREAT WORK SO FAR !!!

1.Page Numbers are a must
    2. I think the option to clear pad would essentially delete the page but That would leave a blank page in between pages.
    3. Away to find pages like a drop down with numbers or saved names or something else
    4. I've been comparing this to the only other similar app "just draw" and it is definitely not as pixelated (not sure if that is the right word) you've done a great job making the lines smoother. They have similar functions I like the card slide maybe that can show thumbnails of the pages.
    5. I can't make a dot maybe that is due to the stylus (belkin round tip) I might try a DIY stylus if I can find the HDD paper. But I can easily make a dot in "just draw" (as a reference point)
    6. Can you use white lined paper (the current version seems blurry)
    7. I'm so happy to be a part of this beta This is a great app and I'm proud of everyone for growing the webos community
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    there is an app in the market called dry erase board that has a calculator and text option good for annotation on your pictures or drawings. I'd like to see these options
    well i havent played with the new version yet but i woke up this morning to UPS knocking .... the jot was here! ...so i played with it.. its cool but in no way responsive enough for fast writing (college notes i write VERY FAST) you will spend more time trying to correct and get left behind. i find that when you connect your letters like script its easier cause it is one constant flow and you can see the line as you write BUT..its starting a new line that is a pain in tha ***! cause its sometimes slow in response which leave you with half of a letter. the letters in the picture that are messy are the ones i had to go over and try to fix. ill also play and see if angles play a difference

ok soo just played with 007 much better..eraser is now truly amazing..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ultimateboss; 10/04/2011 at 11:53 AM. Reason: new release