Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes
    Thank you for developing this app. I'd be happy to test the app for you as many have probably noted, this functionality is what I find the Touchpad to be lacking. Thanks!
    So i`m taking notes for class and I have to say that a double sized eraser would be very beneficial. Another good eraser functionality would be a transparent tool tip that shows when you are erasing so you have a visual representation of where you`re erasing. Currently it`s hard to erase smaller mistakes accurately.

Also, does the TP support subscripts and superscript? An easy way to input equations would be nice.
    Last edited by footemps; 10/03/2011 at 03:17 PM.
    I was wondering if you all are using a screen protector? I am using the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield, but the jot does not work on it because it is not a "hard" smooth surface. Great protector though.

Thinking about going back to "au naturel". What are your thoughts?
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtlong View Post
    I was wondering if you all are using a screen protector? I am using the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield, but the jot does not work on it because it is not a "hard" smooth surface. Great protector though.

Thinking about going back to "au naturel". What are your thoughts?
    I tried my son's Jot that he uses on his iPad. It didn't work on my TouchPad which doesn't have a screen protector. If I move real slow and press firm it does react, but poorly.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Could anyone please do a favour by putting together a video or screenshots of their on screen writing tests?

I ask because I have been playing around with other apps using a stylus and the response has not been so great, I would like to see some samples before I buy this app (I dont mind a donation tho).
    Two things - How does everyone like the Jot Pro so far? I've been using mine in NuttyPad and it doesn't seem to consistently pick up if I write too quickly. It may be because of the angle that I use to write though, but that's just natural for me. And is there any way to make it quieter when writing? The tapping sound is pretty loud. I tried putting some felt over the disc, but the TP no longer detects the input if I do that.

Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Nutty, you pmed me earlier about me getting the demo but i forgot to pm you back with the email... will i still get it now? or do i have to wait for the next patch? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    I tried my son's Jot that he uses on his iPad. It didn't work on my TouchPad which doesn't have a screen protector. If I move real slow and press firm it does react, but poorly.
    Hmmm,

Is the Jot going to be a problem as I see also another post with an issue
    Just opened up my jot pro and it works great. I think writing angle is very important for use
    Quote Originally Posted by footemps View Post
    Just opened up my jot pro and it works great. I think writing angle is very important for use
    Do you have a screen protector on?
    Do you have a screen protector on?

unfortunately I don't.

For those having speed issues, it seems like all TP programs have problems keeping up so far. Lets hope we can figure something out

Update: so it does seem like the jot requires a bit of pressure to work the most effectively. Also, make sure you screen doesn't have any debris on it, that trips up the disc a bit.
    Last edited by footemps; 10/03/2011 at 04:36 PM.
    Ok, I've been playing around with the app for the better part of 2 days. Great work Nutty. The only problem I've been having so far has more to do with my choice of stylus than the program. I just don’t get good results using the rubber tip type stylus. I’ve tried a BoxWave type, and the Bamboo with about the same amount of luck.

While looking for a solution, I was minutes away from ordering a Jot, when I found this YouTube video of a homemade stylus.

It uses those static shielding bags that hard drives and video cards come in. When making contact with your skin, it passes that charge down through the plastic. I put together a quick 5 minute test with an old pen, some tap, and the shielding material. WOW. This is the most responsive result I'm seen so far. No pressure is needed at all when making contact with the screen. It works almost identically to how the Jot does. Check the video, it really does work that well. I'll also try to post some pics or videos of my experiments if anyone is interested.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KCChiefsAndTheSunshineBand View Post
    Ok, I've been playing around with the app for the better part of 2 days. Great work Nutty. The only problem I've been having so far has more to do with my choice of stylus than the program. I just don’t get good results using the rubber tip type stylus. I’ve tried a BoxWave type, and the Bamboo with about the same amount of luck.

While looking for a solution, I was minutes away from ordering a Jot, when I found this YouTube video of a homemade stylus.

It uses those static shielding bags that hard drives and video cards come in. When making contact with your skin, it passes that charge down through the plastic. I put together a quick 5 minute test with an old pen, some tap, and the shielding material. WOW. This is the most responsive result I'm seen so far. No pressure is needed at all when making contact with the screen. It works almost identically to how the Jot does. Check the video, it really does work that well. I'll also try to post some pics or videos of my experiments if anyone is interested.
    I am really interested. Love to see some video from you using a homemade stylus on the Touchpad.
    My Palm history.
    Sony Clie', Treo 650, Treo700p, Centro, Treo 800w, Palm Pre, Touchpad
    Will do. Just need to spend a little time making a version that doesn't look like a 4th grader made it!!
  15.    #295  
    ... meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice ...

Just to announce, the eraser is properly fixed, at last. And I'm working on the "clear pad resets settings" issue.

This deserves a bugfix interim beta which should be released later today. I hope to have all the remaining emails in my PM, because there will be no more requests accepted after I send 0.0.7.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    stbxxl and andresmmm like this.
    For a stylus you need a conductive surface of about 8mm in diameter which is electrically connected to your body. KCChiefs stylus satisfies that as would any 8mm rod of a conductive material. Pressure is not a factor, except for varying the area of contact.
  17.    #297  
    Quote Originally Posted by KCChiefsAndTheSunshineBand View Post
    Ok, I've been playing around with the app for the better part of 2 days. Great work Nutty. The only problem I've been having so far has more to do with my choice of stylus than the program. I just donít get good results using the rubber tip type stylus. Iíve tried a BoxWave type, and the Bamboo with about the same amount of luck.

Holy $*%#.... THIS ACTUALLY WORKS!!!

This will push back the release a couple of hours while I make mine better (it works, but I'm not convinced. I'm gonna do it again)

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Its being released soon!? Or are you talking about beta
  19.    #299  
    Quote Originally Posted by jining View Post
    Its being released soon!? Or are you talking about beta
    beta 0.0.7, mostly bugfix, also with 3 finger gestures for page flipping.
    As I said, the emails that are on my PM inbox here in the forum will get this and further betas. So, if you asked me to join WITH your email, great, since it means you read the thread. If you asked me with no email address, then you didn't read the post asking for your email addresses.

Right now I'll fix a bug I just saw in a video I made which involves thickness reset when exiting erasing mode, but I really, really want you people to play with this new version

hope you didn't lose my e-mail lol' and hopefully this time, gmail will not hate you like last time.