Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes
    Everyone has some really good suggestions.. But I just wanted to thank you for your time that you have put into developing this. The app has come along way. Can't wait to get a stylus to use with it.
    Last edited by Stevesrjr86; 10/02/2011 at 10:08 AM.
    Well, good news; a fat stylus works just fine. For multi-touch, I think a page swipe would be all we need in along with pan and zoom.

Another suggestion you might already have in the works is to use a selection and clear feature instead in addition to erase.
    Ok one bug I noticed is that if you clear the pad, the pencil zeroes back to the default pencil size, but the adjusting slider still "remembers" the previous size..

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Thanks for sending out 0.0.6 beta. It's a big step forward from 0.0.5 and I can see evolving this into a great note taking program. Below is my initial feedback. Some is a repeat of what has been mentioned already, so take it as a reinforcement.

Feedback for 0.0.6:
    1. I would prefer icons over the text buttons. They take less space and therefore allow adding a few more functions.
    2. I'd like to see some feedback on the pencil options to show what has been selected (e.g. show a line with the chosen width and color).
    3. Allow users to make the pencil option sticky. Right now it's reset to black and minimum width every time a new page is added (or the pad is cleared).
    4. There's a small white bar visible between the yellow pad and the top bar of the TouchPad. Is this intentional?
    5. Allow setting the size of the eraser.
    6. Show a page indicator if a note consists of more than one page (e.g. a page numer and a total number).

Additional feature requests (I have submitted some of them before):
    7. Add zoom function (I know this is planned) with auto-position feature (user can turn it on or off) and a manual control method to move the zoom window.
    8. Once the zoom function is available increase the notepad size to 2200x1700 pixels. This would allow printing the note with 200dpi resolution on a letter paper size (8.5x11 inch). This could be of course a user preference.
    9. Add file management (I know it's on your list). Since I will create many notes in a very short time it would be beneficial to support a folder structure.
    10. Add a thumbnail view in the file manager (e.g. to select stored notes). They could be displayed in a separate panel.
    11. Add option to save notes on a user's Dropbox account (instead of on the TP's internal memory).
    12. Add an undo and redo function (either 10-20 fix steps or set via user preference).
    13. Add a cut, copy and paste function (area selected via a rectangle lasso).
    14. Import function for adding PNG/JPG files. The size and position of the imported file should be user selectable with a moveable and flexible import lasso.
    15. Sharing via email support.

And finally I want to thank you again for taking on this project. It will be very successful once it hits the App Catalog.
    Last edited by STBXXL; 10/02/2011 at 06:22 PM.
    mcaf123 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Ok one bug I noticed is that if you clear the pad, the pencil zeroes back to the default pencil size, but the adjusting slider still "remembers" the previous size..

I reported this issue yesterday via email, he's aware of it
    Nutty, just wondering, but do you need any assistance on stuff like icon creation? I figured we could lend a helping hand out of goodwill so you can concentrate on programming and design.

Also, how do you want us to officially communicate bugs and ideas, this thread or email?
    Installation - not a single problem to report.
    Ease of use - simple.
    Stylus - works fine with Griffin (fat top), can't wait to try with Jolt (should be delivered Mon-Tue)
    CPU, etc - tried with 8 cards opened (browser, e-mail - alternating between writing e-mail and this post, messaging, music player, 2 different games, maps, Kindle) everything works fine together.

Options request:
    - everything STBXXL said (see post #264)
    - would prefer option of "Control Icons at the top of the page"

Tomorrow I am taking my Touchpad to work :-)

P.S. THANK YOU!!!
    One feature you should try adding to the to-do list is text boxes for keyboard input. Not sure of the feasibility, but that feature would definitely increase utility
  9.    #269  
    Installation - not a single problem to report.
    Ease of use - simple.
    Stylus - works fine with Griffin (fat top), can't wait to try with Jolt (should be delivered Mon-Tue)
    CPU, etc - tried with 8 cards opened (browser, e-mail - alternating between writing e-mail and this post, messaging, music player, 2 different games, maps, Kindle) everything works fine together.

Options request:
    - everything STBXXL said (see post #264)
    - would prefer option of "Control Icons at the top of the page"

Tomorrow I am taking my Touchpad to work :-)

P.S. THANK YOU!!!
    I won't put the toolbar on the top because putting it in the bottom fixed the "show lines when making a swipe up gesture" issue

Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  10.    #270  
    One feature you should try adding to the to-do list is text boxes for keyboard input. Not sure of the feasibility, but that feature would definitely increase utility
    It is on the to-do list. It's even in the first post :P

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Just tried it out, and it's a pretty awesome and useful app! It's quick and responsive. The first and biggest thing I noticed was the eraser, but I won't beat a dead horse on that. Honestly, anything else I would have thought of has already been said at this point. Great work though, Nutty. I'm sure it'll be a good one when you release it. I hope we can all contribute to making this the best it can be.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I won't put the toolbar on the top because putting it in the bottom fixed the "show lines when making a swipe up gesture" issue
    I figured that as it was very noticeable with 0.0.5!
    I'm not a beta tester, just an anxious buyer waiting for this much needed program. Any guestimation as to when it will go public for the rest of us?

Thanks
    Charles
    Great job!

The three big improvements I'd like to see are:
    1. Multi-touch stuff: zoom, palm guard, etc.
    2. File management
    3. Undo/redo
    Everything I was going to report has been reported.
    Man I'm so JELLY of these beta testers! I got my Adonit Jot sitting here waiting to be able to take notes at Uni.
  17.    #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklique View Post
    I'm not a beta tester, just an anxious buyer waiting for this much needed program. Any guestimation as to when it will go public for the rest of us?

Thanks
    Charles
    I'd really love to have it shipped this week. That way I can work on the synergy messaging plugins when my Pre3 arrives

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Started playing with it this weekend. I'm very impressed. My initial suggestions are:

* Pan/Zoom and a default page size (letter, A4, legal, etc.). This makes it easier to deal with printing later on.
    * Text paste (insert links to web pages, pictures, etc.). This will make it great for capturing auxiliary information.
    * Background layer import. This could be a killer addition. For celebrity fans, they could take a picture and have the star sign it immediately. Or sign documents like invoices, etc. Image and PDF backgrounds seem the most likely candidate.

I had noticed some bugs and usability issues, but it looks like they've already been reported.

This looks to become one of my favorite apps as soon as you can take it past the doodle stage to the next level. Great job.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    All of the suggestions I thought of have already been covered it seems. It really is an awesome app. Looking forward to seeing it mature. Good work, Nutty!
  20.    #280  
    Got page flipping with right-left 3 finger gestures (just sayin') No idea on how I would make to animate it. Anyone good with css transitions?