Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 747
Like Tree242Likes
  1. #241  
    I ordered mines and it should arrive by Monday so I'll let you know how it feels
  2. #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by footemps View Post
    So has anyone played with their jot yet? I`m still using my griffin stylus and was wondering about the differences
    how can we play without an app?
  3.    #243  
    You don't need to check the thread every 20 minutes. Subscribe to it, have the forum send emails whenever an answer is posted :P

    That said, I have 0.0.6. It will be sent first to the first testers, and later in the night I'll send it to the second batch of testers. I still have to go through all the PMs and get your email addresses

    No, I won't post an ipk url here.

    New things: NOT that much:
    Color and Width for lines
    Toolbar for accesing options at the bottom
    Internally it supports multitouch, getting ready for scrolling.

    No text input yet, no saving yet, no opacity

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  4. #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    You don't need to check the thread every 20 minutes. Subscribe to it, have the forum send emails whenever an answer is posted :P

    That said, I have 0.0.6. It will be sent first to the first testers, and later in the night I'll send it to the second batch of testers. I still have to go through all the PMs and get your email addresses

    No, I won't post an ipk url here.

    New things: NOT that much:
    Color and Width for lines
    Toolbar for accesing options at the bottom
    Internally it supports multitouch, getting ready for scrolling.

    No text input yet, no saving yet, no opacity

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Lookin forward to testing it in the morning
  5. #245  
    don't forget me nutty !!
  6.    #246  
    There you go!!! Sent 0.0.6 to all the people who sent me their emails on PM. I couldn't answer to every PM I got, they were plenty. I may open another group when I have 0.0.7, so be ready for that.

    If you sent me a PM, and you didn't send me your email, send me another with your email. If you didn't PM before, wait for the next version as I can't accept anymore people at the moment... the response has been overwhelming for me

    Thanks for following this progress!!!

    Ah, by the way, people is playing right now with:

    * App ready for multitouch. Suggestions accepted. Perhaps 3 finger flick for jumping among pages?
    * Pen width and color now selectable
    * Better eraser, still not perfect, but it erases in 10px little squares. Researching on better ways to do it
    * Toolbar now available. I moved most options there. The menu still has background options (just the original one and the white one)
    * It seems faster, I removed lots of logging stuff
    * Still NO saving, sorry on that. Use the white background and take a screenshot

    This is now taking shape!!
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    tamalyn and seche2001 like this.
  7. #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    There you go!!! Sent 0.0.6 to all the people who sent me their emails on PM. I couldn't answer to every PM I got, they were plenty. I may open another group when I have 0.0.7, so be ready for that.

    If you sent me a PM, and you didn't send me your email, send me another with your email. If you didn't PM before, wait for the next version as I can't accept anymore people at the moment... the response has been overwhelming for me

    Thanks for following this progress!!!

    Ah, by the way, people is playing right now with:

    * App ready for multitouch. Suggestions accepted. Perhaps 3 finger flick for jumping among pages?
    * Pen width and color now selectable
    * Better eraser, still not perfect, but it erases in 10px little squares. Researching on better ways to do it
    * Toolbar now available. I moved most options there. The menu still has background options (just the original one and the white one)
    * It seems faster, I removed lots of logging stuff
    * Still NO saving, sorry on that. Use the white background and take a screenshot

    This is now taking shape!!
    I have sent you PM before, and didn't get your app yet. Nutty, please check your PM again?

    Thanks
  8.    #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by quadrinka4 View Post
    I have sent you PM before, and didn't get your app yet. Nutty, please check your PM again?

    Thanks
    *kicks gmail* <-- Should be working now. It ate some of the emails

    So, now, everyone should have it!
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  9. #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    *kicks gmail* <-- Should be working now. It ate some of the emails

    So, now, everyone should have it!
    Thanks Nutty, I recieved it love you. Do I install it with WebOS quick install?
  10.    #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by quadrinka4 View Post
    Thanks Nutty, I recieved it love you. Do I install it with WebOS quick install?
    I used Preware on device.
    I say uninstall it, then use whichever method you like.

    palm-install works, Preware works. I haven't tested webOS Quick Install
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  11. #251  
    Got it working, looking great atm
  12. vimak's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #252  
    I will send another PM now, hope you read it
  13. #253  
    I did send a pm, but forgot to put my email address in. Will send another.

    Edit Got my email, this had a problem with my mail server last night. Thanks :-)

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  14. #254  
    Just downloaded it and been trying it out. Got some immediate feedback.

    On the pencil options menu, you have a lot of spare room under the close button. I think it will be useful to provide some sort of preview for the user of what the selected colour and pen width will look like on paper - this saves them having to fiddle around on the paper itself and potentially wasting time.

    An undo and redo button would be nice.

    The ability to set the size of the eraser - I think it would be better to have some sort of pop-up list of sizes from the toolbar (like on MS Paint), rather than taking you to an options menu like the pencil options.

    The app seems to be picking up my hand if I rest it on the screen whilst writing and if I move it a tiny bit (which is inevitable as I write across the page) it seems to pick this up and consequently produces a few dots/lines here and there.

    Some useful UI changes would be:

    Use icons instead of text. So for "clear pad" use something like a white box resembling a sheet of paper with a red diagonal line going through it. "Prev" use a left arrow. "New page" use a white box resembling a sheet of paper. "Next" use a right arrow. Leave pencil options for the moment I think. "Use Pencil" use a pencil icon. "Eraser" use an eraser icon. The whole point of using icons from a psychological point of view is that image recall is always better than text recall and saving that precious calculation time in a person's mind is always a good thing and helps prevent user frustration.
    Also, it helps to use icons that people are already familiar with - this saves the user having to learn new methods and meanings of icons and in general enhances the usability and good feelings when using any app (see my 2 suggestions below). Using icons also takes up less space on the toolbar itself, so this either frees up room for more buttons in the future or creates a more airy feeling - whichever comes naturally as the app progresses I guess.

    If implementing undo and redo buttons use arrows like on any MS Office application (curved arrow).

    When implementing save function use a floppy disk icon.

    Also, I think when the eraser is selected, the grey button should have a blue background as when you actually tap on the button. This would be good for example if somebody has selected the eraser, turned off the device and has come back perhaps a short while later and forgotten that the eraser is selected and prevents user frustration.

    Hope these suggestions go some way in improving the functions and general usability of the app and if anyone has any other feedback let Nutty know!! We're all in this together to improve it for future users
    vimak and Tedcas like this.
  15. #255  
    I forgot to put my Email on the PM. Please do check the PM nutty, thanks.
  16. Tedcas's Avatar
    Posts
    271 Posts
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    #256  
    I woke up like a kid in the candy store when I saw the email in my inbox. Thanks Nutty!
    This is working pretty darn good for my needs, which is mostly jotting down quick notes in meetings. I'm excited to see this in the App catalog and ultimately paying for it. That said, Mcaf123 has a lot of good ideas, which will give the UI a sophisticated look and feel.
    I know you are working on the eraser, so I look forward to improvement there too.
    I'm interested in hearing about user experiences with their stylus. I need to pick one up, and hope to do so for short $$.
    My Palm history.
    Sony Clie', Treo 650, Treo700p, Centro, Treo 800w, Palm Pre, Touchpad
  17. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #257  
    Downloaded it last night took it for a spin before hitting the sack. I like the comment about some sort of indicator to let the user know the pencil width without having to try it. Was going to mention that along with this:

    When picking a color for the pencil, there should be something that lets you know that you have successfully chosen a color, for example make the "use pencil" button change its background from grey to the color of the pencil, taking into consideration that the text on the button may have to adjust to be able to be seen.

    I have also experienced the issue where trying to write, my hand causes marks where I don't want them. I think someone earlier in the thread mentioned other handwriting apps get around this by making a portion of the screen for the hand to rest and it does not register marks.

    As you are contemplating page storage, think about a file system that lets a user creat multiple folders with multiple levels and ideally allow them backup inside either box.net or Google docs.

    You are really heading towards a great app, it will easily become a most used app for me.

    After I use it further, I will report back with more results. Thanks for allowing me to test your app!
    mcaf123 likes this.
  18. #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Downloaded it last night took it for a spin before hitting the sack. I like the comment about some sort of indicator to let the user know the pencil width without having to try it. Was going to mention that along with this:

    When picking a color for the pencil, there should be something that lets you know that you have successfully chosen a color, for example make the "use pencil" button change its background from grey to the color of the pencil, taking into consideration that the text on the button may have to adjust to be able to be seen.

    I have also experienced the issue where trying to write, my hand causes marks where I don't want them. I think someone earlier in the thread mentioned other handwriting apps get around this by making a portion of the screen for the hand to rest and it does not register marks.

    As you are contemplating page storage, think about a file system that lets a user creat multiple folders with multiple levels and ideally allow them backup inside either box.net or Google docs.

    You are really heading towards a great app, it will easily become a most used app for me.

    After I use it further, I will report back with more results. Thanks for allowing me to test your app!
    Regarding the picking a colour I agree with you 100%. A simple interim solution would be to just register the current colour selection with a box surrounding the colour square in the pencil options popup.

    I'm a heavy Dropbox user - all my university work is on there and I just download the lecture slides I need when I need them over WiFi, so some sort of backup function is an excellent idea. Also, I would like to see perhaps a local folder storage system where I can create any number of folders and sub-folders to organise my work properly into, as you say.
    DM13 likes this.
  19. #259  
    I agree with things what people already said above, I've been using this app for all night yesturday.. and think we really need the "Palm detection" because, when you write something, you can't really avoid touching tp pad with your palm. If you look at the app called Just Draw, from app catalog i think, It has somewhat palm detection, maybe you could get open source code?

    I also agree with people who said we need some indication that tells, what color we have chosen. Also, I personally think, Putting Highlighting tool will be great too.

    Thanks Nutty.
  20. #260  
    Hey Nutty, I just want to thank you for letting me test out your beta! Here are a few of suggestions, but many people before me have covered most of what I have seen.


    When you are creating a new page, i think that they should be numbered. As of right now, if you create 5 pages, you can go from page 5,4,3,2,1, and then start over again in a continous cycle so you never know really where your notes stop. So maybe once you reach the first page when you try to hit the "previous" button it wont allow you or simply create a gesture to let the user know you cant go beyond it since you are on the first page or last. I believe mcaf is right with the icons, he explained it perfectly. In microsoft word most people know the icons and are familiar, and having to read the text, you sort of get confused and dont remeber where the button lies. But What I think the icons could also possibly do is on the toolbar you could implement a page numbering system. You could put something like "1 of 14" or something simple that wouldnt take much room for other options for the future. I think that will give us better organization when writing notes.

    Also I know you are working on the eraser and it is great, but choosing the size of the eraser would be a great feature. Along with that, I think you should be able to see the eraser. As of right now, im using my finger until I get my jot pro, and when you erase, you cant see what your erasing. Only the general area. So you cant exactly be precise in what you are erasing. If you allow users to see what they are erasing, like a boxed frame or a circle when a user touches the screen, they will be able too erase with precision. Im sure the engineers and bio majors( no disrespect to other majors =]) like me would appreciate that since most of the time we might draw a diagram into our lecture notes. We wouldnt want to accidently erase another portion of our drawing.

    Nutty, I do agree with the multitouch to swipe to different pages. I mean I wouldnt have a problem with using three fingers and swiping from right to left to go to the next page. It defintely would be faster than hitting the "next" button. But whatever the majority of the other people pick will be fine.

    Also, most people write with their palm on the sheet of paper. I know you have possibly stated that you might implement a "palm pad" or somthing of that sort where you can lay your palm? I think this would be a great idea to solve most people's issue with writing accidental strokes with their palm or wrist.

    One last thing!

    I agree with jdod with letting the user know that when you have chosen a color you should be notified that you have done so. What i could potentially see is that since you already have the colors in squares, why not create like a colored framed around the color you choose? You dont have the color orange so maybe you could have a organe box surround the color you have currently chosen. Or just have like an arrow on the top of the row of colors to show you which color you are currently writing in. Just some suggestions =]


    Thanks Nutty!
    Last edited by DM13; 10/02/2011 at 09:26 AM.
    mcaf123 likes this.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions