1.    #1  
    And so, here it is, the final version of my Subnet Calculator.

It has all the functionality of a certain webpage, but none of the code.

To change the Class, just Tap over it. Type in the ip address (use Enter key to jump to the next value or tap the values), change the netmask or the necessary values, the app will show you subnet bits, netmask bits, max subnets and/or hosts per subnet, the First Octet Range, Hex IP Address, Wildcard Mask, Host Address Range, Subnet ID, Broadcast Address and Subnet Bitmap.

This is the almost final version, it has all the functionality and sanity checks there. I also added a small help page if you don't know what's happening.

Please test it, use it and love it

Installation
    Look for it on the App Catalog or Click here on your phone.

Thanks for your feedback!

Changelog

2.0.0 - It's been a while, hasn't it? CIDR and WildCard thown in, fixed a bug that appeared when changing classes.
    1.0.1 - Fixed a "typo", it said "SELECT" on the Class, I erased it somehow. Fixed it. Fixed the Help Scene to mention the Class stuff. Just have to wait for it to be in the app catalog again (Next version in the Catalog)
    1.0.0 - First version uploaded to the App Catalog (Actual version in the Catalog)
    0.9.0 - Last "Beta", everything is complete, functionality, sanity checks, it should work ok. (Sorry, link fixed!)
    0.0.9 - First "Beta" version, functionality complete. Please test
    0.0.2 - No longer it displays the "Update" Button, just enter your ip address (it updates upon ip add change). It also now calculates the entire subnet bitmap.
    0.0.1 - Initial Version, pre-alpha, incomplete, just for testing purposes.
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 03/15/2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: 2.0 Version! (CIDR & WildCard)
  2. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Thanks for the work, can't wait.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    damn. That was going to be my first stab at writing a webos app. Congrats on being more motivated than me :-)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Thanks for the work, can't wait.
    Why wait? Try it!

I'm putting the finishing touches, this weekend should be complete.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Why wait? Try it!

I'm putting the finishing touches, this weekend should be complete.
    Prolly will :-)

It's a good first app since it doesn't require anything special for storage or network or anything.

I just don't feel like re-acquainting myself with javascript and the DOM.

</perl hacker>
  6.    #6  
    Ok, beta version, now fully working

Please test it!!
    Brilliant! So far it's working quite well. I'll play with it more next to my lab over the weekend.

This is neat though, been begging for a version of the Solarwinds Subnet Calc for the palm for awhile now, good job!
  8.    #8  
    Now presenting you, version 0.9.0.

New features:
    * All sanity checks should be there, checks validity of ip address per class, and for non-numbers.
    * Added a small help page if you don't know what's happening

This should be the last beta version, if everything works as it should, I'll be uploading the app to the official Catalog in the next few days.

Thanks for your support and encouragement!
    I'm not to sure what this app does, do i need it? cause from the sound of it, it sounds more of like some type of developer tool or something
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    I'm not to sure what this app does, do i need it? cause from the sound of it, it sounds more of like some type of developer tool or something
    Well, it's for networking people, to divide Internet networks
    oh ok thanks, not for me then
  12. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Link wasn't working that day. Got it now, thanks!
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Ooh I could make use of this, thanks! I'll try it out.
  14.    #14  
    ARGH! Palm doesn't let me upload a version 0.9.1 because I've already submitted it for approval for the app catalog!

THE CALCULATOR WORKS FOR A,B and C classess! You just have to tap the Class to change it!
  15.    #15  
    Yahooo!!!
    It is now on the App Catalog!!!

I just have to fix the small typo
    Version 1.0.0 up! Please download it and use it!!!

Remember, to change class, just tap over it.
  16.    #16  
    Ok, bumping my oooold thread.
    Version 2.0.0 is in the catalog.

I've added the much requested CIDR and WildCard calculators.
    I had to stop cheating and began calculating the real values bitwise with strings instead of integers because stupid Javascript kept working with signed 32bit integers instead of unsigned 32bits.

Enjoy. The main stage just has a few calculations and most of it works with the drop boxws, the fun part was with the wildcard and CIDR ones, there are some bitwise functions there if someone would like to use them.

If you have questions or bug reports, please, address them to me before leaving a bad review.

And of course, all 5 star reviews are greatly appreciated!
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg