Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I've had no problems with T-mobile for 3 months (unlocked 600) and just switched to Cingular. Now I can hear buzzing when ever I make a phone call. People on the other end can hardly hear what I'm saying.

Cingular suggested I upgrade software (which I did) and it didn't help.

Firmware: 3.05
    Software: Treo600-1.17-AWS
    Hardware: B

Anyone else have similar issue?

Marcus
    I'm no expert, but the buzzing you're experiencing with Cingular (and not T-mo) has to do with the frequency band that your cell service is using. You may not have had to deal with this because of the T-mo towers you were picking up. Now that you have Cingular you are probably using the other bands which is a known problem of interfering with speakers. One thing I do notice is your software - I'm with Cingular and I have Tre0600-1.16-CNG. I thought that was the latest. Anyways, I don't think the software is going to make any difference. Here is the site that has a PDF of how to open your T600 and fix the buzzing. It worked on mine, and based on the threads here at TC it has worked for almost everyone. This will obviously void your warranty so if you're still under warranty, you may want to speak to your provider first to possibly try a new one. Here's the link: http://www.binxiao.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phattysalz
    I'm no expert, but the buzzing you're experiencing with Cingular (and not T-mo) has to do with the frequency band that your cell service is using. You may not have had to deal with this because of the T-mo towers you were picking up. Now that you have Cingular you are probably using the other bands which is a known problem of interfering with speakers. One thing I do notice is your software - I'm with Cingular and I have Tre0600-1.16-CNG. I thought that was the latest. Anyways, I don't think the software is going to make any difference. Here is the site that has a PDF of how to open your T600 and fix the buzzing. It worked on mine, and based on the threads here at TC it has worked for almost everyone. This will obviously void your warranty so if you're still under warranty, you may want to speak to your provider first to possibly try a new one. Here's the link: http://www.binxiao.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
    binxiao seems to have worked!

I thank you VERY much. (as do all the listeners on the other end of my phone:-)
    No problem. Glad it worked!