1.    #1  
    Since Wednesday I have been having problems getting my 600 to connect to the WEB. It won't download email either. Is anyone else having problems or is it just my 600???
    started a week and a half ago or so. VersaMail started acting up. Mine seems to have straightened out
    I am on often and have had no problems here in Central OK.

Steve
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Mine hasn't resolved yet. The problem started for me on Friday and persists still. I can't do email, web, anything with GPRS - it will connect to GPRS but then all operations time out. tj$bags, I see you're in Tulsa - I hope that means my service recovery won't be far behind - I'm in Muskogee.
    Have you tried cycling the phone off and back on? Has helped me in the past.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Steve
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Yes, doesn't help (and I just tried again). Also, I have my phone set to shut down each evening and back on again each morning, but morning email checks fail (immediately following the phone cycling on). It will connect to GPRS and attempt to connect to my email server (sometimes successfully, sometimes not). If it makes it past the email server authentication, then it hangs at downloading messages - it has yet to successfully download a message since Friday. Attempts to browse the web meet with similar results.
  7.    #7  
    I'm in McAlester and it still doesn't work. I tried it while I was in Tulsa today and it wouldn't work there for me either. I call CSR and they said that it was a known problem, but didn't know when it would be resolved. Now when I try to connect to GPRS it fails with an error message. I have shut off the radio and did a soft reset no luck.
    Mine is working, but has reset more often than before. I wondered if an attachment in my email was a problem. Mine started difficulty after Haloween. I saw a warning in my corp email recently about a worm virus that was going around and an attempt was sent to my email I believe. The problem is lessened after a week and deleting suspect emails and large attachments.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Interestingly enough, I had two different CSRs yesterday tell me there's not a problem in Oklahoma. Something's sure going on, though. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with a CSR, trying to pinpoint the problem, with the end result being that I needed to upgrade my phone to the latest Cingular firmware. Only problem is, I had previously done one of the ROW upgrades. I spent some time last night trying to get to the 1.15 CNG upgrade, to no avail. I currently am running the 1.28/1.13 ROW upgrade.

However, in doing all this, I did a hard reset and then created an email account on VersaMail. I had the same result - the retrieval process died. I did manage to (finally) load the Google PDA page, after a looooong wait, and then with no images.

Oh, and yesterday afternoon, I had a friend of mine with a Treo 600, in the same workplace as me, try using email on her device - she sent and received a test message without incident. So, if it's not Oklahoma per se, but some of us here are having problems, all at the same time, I wonder what's changed?
  10.    #10  
    Today I was able to connect to the GPRS network and even briefly it let me connect using TOCCER (IM Software), but I did not chat with anyone. Email still can't find the server using the built in software on the 600. Web pages time out and tell me to try again later.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I swung by the local Cingular store today. They told me Oklahoma is having connection issues and when I told them two different reps on the phone yesterday told me there was no trouble in Oklahoma, one of the employees snorted. Perhaps I should call customer service back and put them in contact with their own people.
  12.    #12  
    It finally started to work today. This afternoon I was able to connect to the email servers and also able to IM. I did notice that the network came and went several times this morning. I haven't tried surfing the WEB yet.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Yes, I noticed the same. It was still spotty yesterday afternoon but by evening/this morning, it appears to be back up consistently.
    I am in Houston area and Web connect failed each time since last Friday 11/11. (It shows "Cancelling" immediately following the "handshake".

My normal Network setting is GPRS with Proxy= Carrier default.

Cingular support told me to set APN= public with Proxy unchecked then it worked. However this won't get me to mMode.

What are your Network settings?

Anyone has insight as to what's going on?

TIA
    CNG ATTWS Treo650