Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Does the Treo come with a box and everything? This is exactly what I've been looking for.
    Mine came with a box.
    mine came with everything you get when you buy a new one
    Hello all,

I signed on with cingular last week with the refurbished Palm tro 650.

i used to have a Palm Vx back 6 years ago.. and loved it.. used it for a good 3 years.

Ok, anyways, back to the phone. Got the refurb on Tuesday.

Tuesday I checked the mins used it said 500.. so I was very happy to be getting a almost new phone. Well.. I made a couple of calls and the sound quality was terrible.. but terrible. I plugged in the headphone jack, and it had a crackling sound when I moved the headphone jack around. I was kinda pissed, but thought that I should be expecting much since palm is really a PDA company.. so I thought to myself that I would live with it. Ok, come wednesday, the light wouldnt turn on on my phone.. it would flash on and off.. thats when I decided to return it.

Ok, I called cingular and they sent me a new refurb phone. Got it today, checked the mins.. it has 5000. Ok, the keyboard seems a little more loose than my first phone.. ok, no big deal. The pen didnt fit right.. so I exchanged the pen with the first unit. I used the phone to make some calls and the sound quality was tons better.. sounds muuch better. I just had 1 problem recently, it went into its sleep mode (the screen is off and the light activity light is on in green) and I couldnt get it out of sleep mode.. couldnt turn it on. I called my own cell phone and it went straight into my mailbox. I called again and it finally rang. OK, Im going to try this phone over the weekend and if it gives me any problems I will send it back.

I have now been playing around with these phones and Im really really liking them. I get all my work email, personal email, calendar etc, and when I commute on rail to my house from work I can web browse and do all the things that I like.

What do I need to do to get a perfect phone? I am thinking about sending this one back and purchasing a brand new one. ultimately it will cost me 180 Dollars more, but I am strating to think that its worth it. Or do you guys think I should just get another refurb?

Ahh.. I really like this phone, but dissapointed with the quality.
    Last edited by troostj; 03/17/2006 at 02:53 PM.
    troostj, man that is some bad luck. i have had no problems with mine so far. i hope you can get it worked out. i would save the $$$ and try at least 1 more time on the refurb.
    Got mine unlocked finally. It took Cingular a bit to send the code but it worked like a charm. I love it.
    aaand my digitizer just died. My replacement is backordered.

Sigh.
    Hello to all
    I am new to this forum and would really like a treo 650 I was looking at them through Cingular (my provider) and they had the refurbished ones, but I missed out. By any chance would anybody on this wonderful forum know if or when Cingular would be selling anymore Refurb models
    Thanks in advance
    Well, my refub died. Took me forever to get a replacement, despite it being under warante.

Checked the minutes used: This thing has 8194 minutes used on it. Wow.
    That's odd about the replacement. Cing replaced mine when I dropped it without question within 24 hours after I called. Now, I'll admit that I live 1 state over from the warehouse, but I'm surprised it took so long.

BTW: When I was up looking for a new phone for my daughter on the Cing site, they had refurbed 650's for $99.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Dunno if this is still valid, but I got my 680 for $75 from Cingular. Search the 680 forum, should be able to find it. Offer might not be valid any longer, however. Just call the number, tell 'em you have unlimited data. I didn't have any problems.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345