Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop
    On my Cingular Treo it's #*786 then dial.
    on my cingular treo w/ firmware 1.51 it doesn't work. does anyone have any idea why?
    No idea why. It works fine on my Cingular Treo 650...press #*786 then press dial and the RTN screen displays the life timer and software version.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    who knows if they'll be jackrods about the data plan if you get the 650. I can select the 19.99 unlimited, but i'm afraid of the bait and switch... anyone got any insight into this delema (sp)??
    Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3
    No idea why. It works fine on my Cingular Treo 650...press #*786 then press dial and the RTN screen displays the life timer and software version.
    Mine show 0 life timer, does that mean my Treo is brand new? Thanks
    As far as minutes goes... the one I recieved from Cingular's Express Exchange beats everyone hands down....11,290. Needless to say I worked diligently to fix my two-month old, 140 minute Treo and returned the "replacement".
    I got mine this weekend. I'm switching from Verizon. I need a World-phone. 900 minutes on the life timer. I upgraded to the newer software and everything seems to be working fine.
    I can't get one cause i just signed up with them a few months ago. Any way to get around this?? anyone want to sign up for the 650 then trade me?? I have the 600.... no..... no one.... ok.
    well its taken off there website now sucks because when they pulled it, it was the day that i could upgrade on my contract..
    I ordered 2 on the 31st. They've both shipped, so maybe I snagged the last 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by mademan118
    well its taken off there website now sucks because when they pulled it, it was the day that i could upgrade on my contract..
    Watch the website.. They put it up there as they have a supply, they've gone up and down three times now I think.
    Recieved mines with a life timer of 1230 minutes. Everything works fine except for the camcorder function. Camera function works fine, but the camcorder function is really pixelated and blurry. Also after you record a video it plays back at half the size. Wonder if its the camera or some type of setting. Either or, its going back, first thing in the morning.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Its funny though, because I figured at this price, what the heck. But I guess this is what I get for trying to cut corners.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    your treo 650 refurb will have a manufacture warranty on it also. The reason i think going with a refurb is better then the regular brand new 650 is for one, its probably been looked at a bit more and repaired and fixed properly. Also i know people usually end up exchanging the treo 650 anyways and so you will eventually get a refurb. But im just pissed that the day i can upgrade... POOF gone.
    OOps I was wrong, the camcorder function is perfectly fine. Looks like my refurb came with the camcorder resolution set to 176X144. changing it back to 352X288 made the pitcure much clearer. So I guess so far so good with my refurb. Actually works pretty stable. Great deal.
    And I think it defaults back to that every soft reset too.. I could be wrong. Definately doesn't "remember" the storage location, ie: Save to SD card.

Oh well.
    I know where all the Cingular refurbs are coming from.....ME!!! I must have sent back 15 phones so far! In fact I just sent one back today. At this point I am going to give them one more chance and if I get another garbage phone I am going to drop Cingular and move to Verizon and try a 700W.
    oh no, don't meen to be a pest, but my speakerphone on my refurb is jacked up. I'm hearing nothing but hissing noise, popping and crackling. Looks like its going back after all. I hope to God they send me a working one, or else its a no no, bye Cingular.
    I ordered a refurb unit today using the upgrade phone option since I'm out of contract. I have unlimited Media Net so I specified that I'm keeping my plan.
    But I checked my order and it shows that they're including a new SIM.
    Will this affect my current unlimited Media Net? Or will it be ok as long as I don't use the new SIM?
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop
    On my Cingular Treo it's #*786 then dial.
    Holy crap! i've got almost 24,000 minutes on mine!
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=khaytsus]Can anyone say what firmware is on their refurb's from Cingular? My wife has been wanting a new phone, so we decided to go with the refurb 650 from Cingular. I figure I can support any quirks she has, QUOTE]

I assume you meen whatever quirks your wife's phone may have? ;-)
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast