Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I too looked on ebay for a Treo 650, GSM version. I noticed they go for $400+ which is more than I want to spend.

I had to go through two Treo 600s with TMobile. Luckily it was back in the day when they carried it.

I like TMobile so much that I don't want to switch carriers. I may have to look into getting a Sidekick II in the mean time and hope they will carry better PDAs.

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    I hear tmo is coming out with the i-Mate or Kjam. whatevedr u call it. go to www.howardforums.com
    Oh yeah, I feel like I save enough with Tmobile, that I can justify buying a unlocked phone. I have a 650 and it is well worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanward
    <snip> ... I had to go through two Treo 600s with TMobile. Luckily it was back in the day when they carried it. .... <snip> ....
    They still do. Just look in T-MO's business page. And they do still replace Treo 600 units, I just did mine less than 6 months ago.
    I called Asurion directly when I bought my 600 and told them I wanted it covered. I got the rep to give me a confirmaiton number that he had upgraded my device (I originally had the 600).
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Tmo and asurion suck on this one. Here is what i just got offered. A BlackBerry 7105t or buy a T600 (and only a T600) from only Palm. They said no Ebay phones or other retailers. only Palm direct. Well Palm is not selling the 600 anymore. Ohhhh and guess what.. the deductable for high end phones went up sometime this last summer they say. I never received and notice of it in my bill. Now its $110.00. for your first claim in a 12 month period. So lets see, a BB + 110.00 or a non existant phone + 110.00. Damn at least give me the courtesy of a reach around..
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I called once about the T650 and they explained the new warranty policy back in July. That was when I almost folded and got the T600. I think this policy with State Farm might be the answer. Course, I bought my T650 from NewEgg and got their extended warranty. If I ever run into a hardware issue, I'll let you know if the warranty was worth the paper it's printed on.
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    Just to update this thread:

I developed the dreaded buzz and orange spot recently on a phone Asurion sent me in December. The do not have any 600's in stock and the rep said he doesn't believe they will be getting anymore in stock since they have been discontinued. He offered me a blackberry but explained that wouldn't work as the modem I need the phone for occasionally to post from BFE. He did some more checking and said he could do a purchase and reimburse for a T600 if I could find one locally. I asked if I could pay additionally for an upgrade and he said they can't do that because Tmobile doesn't support the T650.

He came back and offered me the new Tmobile SDA (HTC Tornado). Since i didn't really like the other options and wanted to get something of value, I am going to take that and try it out. If it doesn't work out I might try to do a sale/swap on ebay for a T650.

The rep was really courteous and helpful as well as apologetic.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    T-Mobile did in fact release the I-Mate Kjam, aka the MDA and the new SDA. Both are Windows Mobile 5 phones. I have an SDA as my weekend phone, and while it's not a Treo 650, it is a neat phone. It even plays my voicemail wave files that are email attachments... something I can't get the Treo 650 to do yet. Overall, I still like T-Mobile, even though they have abandoned the Palm Platform. To be fair, I feel like part of the reason was the high level of technical support needed to maintain customer Treos. Hopefully, since they are carrying the MDA, they will do a Palm Treo 700 as well.
    Mike
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Needing to upgrade from the current 600 I have on T-Mo (my work email changed formats, and the 600 can't get the email anymore), I've been exploring replacement options. Asurion told me that I have two choices on a phone replacement if I want to file a claim: Blackberry 7105t or T-Mo SDA. I didn't ask about the MDA, wish I had and will probably call back to see about that. Not sure I want the Blackberry, even thought it has push-mail, because it doesn't do any of the other stuff I want, and SDA isn't an option due to no keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by awinsberg
    Needing to upgrade from the current 600 I have on T-Mo (my work email changed formats, and the 600 can't get the email anymore), I've been exploring replacement options. Asurion told me that I have two choices on a phone replacement if I want to file a claim: Blackberry 7105t or T-Mo SDA. I didn't ask about the MDA, wish I had and will probably call back to see about that. Not sure I want the Blackberry, even thought it has push-mail, because it doesn't do any of the other stuff I want, and SDA isn't an option due to no keyboard.
    I was authorized to get a MDA but it is still on backordered from Asurion. I must have talked to them 5 times the last several weeks. Avg 30-40 mins a call. I was told they had one and it would shipped and then they call back the next day and said it they were sorry but the ran out before mine got shipped. Not even sure this is going to meet my needs.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12