Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Its all over howard forums, so I'm sure everybody here knows it too, but T-Mobile's data plans are increasing in price tomorrow. The $19.99 w/ plan price is going away, and instead it will be $29.00 for unlimited internet, which will include unlimited Hotspot internet. But if you don't need hotspots, it'll effectively be a increase.

The $29.99 standalone is going up $10 as well. The Hotspot plan alone is disappearing. All current plan holders from today or earlier will be grandfathered.

Just thought i'd pass that along!
    -- Go Illini!
    I was wondering when we would see a increase. I broke the 700mb mark last month BTW.
    Try and increase my rate and I'll jump ship the same day. Lousy data rate for $20/mo as it is! Glad to hear that existing users will be grandfathered, but I wonder how they expect to gain new customers at that price.
    Quote Originally Posted by rouxdoo
    Try and increase my rate and I'll jump ship the same day. Lousy data rate for $20/mo as it is! Glad to hear that existing users will be grandfathered, but I wonder how they expect to gain new customers at that price.
    Their primary GSM competitor (Cingular) is charging similar rates.
    T-Mo is getting set to release some new Windows Mobile handsets with WFi. They are also rolling out Edge which is certainly no EVDO, but it's better than GPRS. Since almost every Starbucks is a T-Mo Hotspot, I think $30 is a good deal - assuming one has a WiFi capable device.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    What am I missing with Wifi? If the data speeds r incrasing why do you need wifi?
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    Their primary GSM competitor (Cingular) is charging similar rates.
    T-mo has never been able to compete on the basis of anything but price. Cingular has EVDO, would you pay the same for the quasi-EDGE that T-mo is rolling out?

Now obviously I am a T-mo subscriber. I *like* their price-competite nature. But if they start getting greedy I will move to the better service when the price is no longer as attractive.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    What am I missing with Wifi? If the data speeds r incrasing why do you need wifi?
    Because while the data speeds are increasing they are no where close to the same speed as WiFi. T-Mobiles plans for true high-speed are lagging way behind all the other carriers.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by rouxdoo
    T-mo has never been able to compete on the basis of anything but price. Cingular has EVDO, would you pay the same for the quasi-EDGE that T-mo is rolling out?

Now obviously I am a T-mo subscriber. I *like* their price-competite nature. But if they start getting greedy I will move to the better service when the price is no longer as attractive.
    Cingular has EVDO? yeah right... and I have a Treo 700P... Both Cingular and T-Mobile have EDGE. It's the same network, there is no quasi-EDGE (maybe you are thinking of GPRS).

But Cingular is on the verge of rolling out an WCDMA network (next gen UTMS) and will have it nation wide in the next 6 months.

Btw you are suckers if you are paying more then $10 for T-mobile. T-zones works on the Treo 650 and 600 with no restrictions or special settings...

Timmay

BTW: If T-Mobile gets the HTC Tornado (AKA T-Mobile SDA II) i'll be all over that.
    Im a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Now I would be worried if they were eliminating T-Zones.That would probably pizz me off to the point I would definately make a move to Cingular for which I am already contemplating.
    You never lived until you almost died!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfoster
    Its all over howard forums, so I'm sure everybody here knows it too, but T-Mobile's data plans are increasing in price tomorrow. The $19.99 w/ plan price is going away, and instead it will be $29.00 for unlimited internet, which will include unlimited Hotspot internet. But if you don't need hotspots, it'll effectively be a increase.

The $29.99 standalone is going up $10 as well. The Hotspot plan alone is disappearing. All current plan holders from today or earlier will be grandfathered.

Just thought i'd pass that along!
    Any chance that grandfathered 19.99 plans will now include Hotspot access? Thanks.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Yeah I hope they don't do away with T-zones cause I know many of us Treo users use that to surf the internet.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    Any chance that grandfathered 19.99 plans will now include Hotspot access? Thanks.
    As far as people are saying, they will not include hotspot access.

It doesn't look like they've upped the prices yet.
    -- Go Illini!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfoster
    As far as people are saying, they will not include hotspot access.

It doesn't look like they've upped the prices yet.
    Thanks. I know I'm reaching, but they'll need to build a system to control use of a free subsystem. It'll be interesting to see how they work it out.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Actually, I just called on Wednesday and "upgraded" from T-Zones to Unlimited Internet for $19.99.. The $29.99 is for stand alone.. This is from the mobile services people and the phone CSRs.. I read about the new "hot spot" plans, but those are for the data cards only (from the sales people and the support people).. They may offer it to the wifi enabled PDA phones, but it is supposed to be for the EDGE/WiFi cards..
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by temna
    Actually, I just called on Wednesday and "upgraded" from T-Zones to Unlimited Internet for $19.99..
    Ya. I dunno. No price increase yet. The guys on Howard Forums screamed murder a month ago that doomsday was coming with the prices, but nothing happened. Oh well.
    -- Go Illini!
    Quote Originally Posted by temna
    Actually, I just called on Wednesday and "upgraded" from T-Zones to Unlimited Internet for $19.99.. The $29.99 is for stand alone.. This is from the mobile services people and the phone CSRs.. I read about the new "hot spot" plans, but those are for the data cards only (from the sales people and the support people).. They may offer it to the wifi enabled PDA phones, but it is supposed to be for the EDGE/WiFi cards..
    They must not have read Howard Forums yet... .
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Btw you are suckers if you are paying more then $10 for T-mobile. T-zones works on the Treo 650 and 600 with no restrictions or special settings...
    Can you reach ALL ports with Tzones (now called T-Mo Web)? Is it possible to audio-stream? Is the 500K file download limit removed? Last I read, these were still the restrictions on T-Mo Web.
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    I tried to activate a data only $30 plan on Wed with T-Mobile. I was told it's "no longer available." It's now $50 and includes wifi. So I didn't get it, I have no need for regular wifi access at TMo hotspots.
    I'd rather pay $10 more ($60/month) for HSDPA on Cingular or EVDO on Verizon than pay $50 for TMo EDGE/wifi.
    This is for a laptop by the way, not an add on to a voice plan for my Treo (already have $20/month unlimited on Cingular)

TMo's plan is actually a great deal in yo want both EDGE and wifi, but it's not for me.
    Last edited by taylorh; 11/25/2005 at 05:18 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    it's hard to tell does the price raise on T-Mobile data
    they integrate hotspot by adding $10/$20
    IMO, T-Mobile should keep GPRS only plan, along with Total Internet (for more choice)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast