1.    #1  
    I'm on a T-Mobile Family Plan and I wanted to know if it is possible to get the T-MobileWeb for just one phone? If I didn't like it can I cancel it or am I obliged to keep it for the full length of my Family Plan contract? Also, if I do get T-MobileWeb can I set my phone up to automatically notify me when I receive an email? Or do I always have to do a sign-in thing?

- kingblommer
    T-Mo made that easy for you. Just log in to your account and you should be able to add it to one line only.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for clearing some of that up. Can anybody help me with my other questions?
    T-mo internet plan is an add-on item. You can add or remove it at any time you want. No string attached

And the best way to find out the answers will be calling 611 using your T-mo handset
    Been using Yahoo Plus w/ POP3 along with Versamail. Just set up versamail (or other 3rd party mail) account using Yahoo user name and password then you are set. All you have to do is hit "get mail" or activate auto sync (down to every 15 min) and you're in like a blackberry (pull email of course). Works quite well.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    I think he was asking about TMobileWeb which is a repackaged/rebranded TZone which has limited ports open.

TMo Internet is the all you can have internet access which is you pay more..
    ronbo,

Thanks for setting me straight! I've used Tmo/Voicestream for over ten years and was not aware of this most excellent service. If kingblommer wants to log in every time he/she checks email, more power to him/her. I prefer the lazy approach.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    And my co. pays for it (along with this this post).
  9.    #9  
    I don't want to have to manually check for email, I want it to be done automatically, and I don't think I want to have to subscribe to a text messaging service.

Anybody understand why T-Mobile To Go offers free unlimited incoming text messaging and they don't extend that to contracts?
    Quote Originally Posted by kingblommer
    I don't want to have to manually check for email, I want it to be done automatically, and I don't think I want to have to subscribe to a text messaging service.
    I signed up for T-Zone before it became T-mobileWeb. I think it is excelent for getting your email on Treo automatically without paying an arm and a leg for full internet.

I have set up Versamail to check my POP3 account and make a noise (Alert) if it finds any mail. There is no need for SMS notification for email. Since T-MobileWeb is unlimited, you can set Versamail to check mail as often as you like. I used to worry about signing on to GPRS/EDGE and disconnecting every time Versamail checks email. Now I don't. It may appear that the Treo is connected all the time with green arrows over the signal bar. But that does not stop Treo from geting or making calls as there is no actual data flow.

When I signed up for T-Zone using My Account on the web, it took three days before settings were changed in the system and I could use it. So you may have to wait a few days.
    Prio Treo
    Unlocked Unbranded Treo 650 on T-Mobile-T-Zone
    Quote Originally Posted by PrioTreo

When I signed up for T-Zone using My Account on the web, it took three days before settings were changed in the system and I could use it. So you may have to wait a few days.
    May be a regional thing. When I signed up for T-Zones, I had access within hours.

One thign to note though, if your web account has your Treo as the selected model, T-Zones may not come up on the list for adding. Officially, the T-Zones is not compatible with the Treo. I had to change the selected phone to see the service.

Also, note that there is a built-in GPRS service. You may be able to use it by default without T-Zones or T-Mobile Internet (or whatever the name du jour is).