1.    #1  
    I gave a friend my old T600, which was AT&T. Cingular is quoting him a $60 / month unlimited data package. There must be something cheaper.

Anyone know what their lowest price is?
    Unlimited mMode is $24.99..they might be able to sign up themselves at www.mymmode.com
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Watch it with mmode. It apparently takes a few days until it actually activates correctly in the system. In my case they have billed me $0.03 a KB for 3 days. I got the bill today and they have charged me over $270 for data usage.

Took me about 1 hour and 15 minutes until I got them to credit me back. After about 30 minutes they offered a 50% credit which I told them I'm not accepting. They then inquired me if I was using it for DUN, which I wasn't (sounded like they can't tell at all).

I was lucky that the girl on the other side was helpful. Someone else might have not been as nice.
  4.    #4  
    I thought M Mode didn't work with the Treo? Isn't that the small at&t-version of the Web?
    Tell that to my Treo. I use it to check emails, surf the web etc. Works fine.
    Yep, it's the same thing as their PDA plan, but typically supposed to be used for non-smartphones like the Treo.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    They don't advertise it, but I recently read on a post here somewhere that they have rates for less-than-unlimited data down to 19.99 (which is what I pay for unlimited with T-Mo.)
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.