1.    #1  
    Hello there,

I purchased a Cing brand unlocked 650 a couple of weeks ago and have been living on this site to learn about my new toy, thank you to all those Treo experts who post here! I have pored through to find info on a couple of questions and can't seem to find answers, I apologise in advance if I missed posts on these! Here goes:

I can't seem to determine after reading the in the "unlocked forum" whether or not I need to update my software, and if I do, do I use the Cingular (branded phone, unlocked) or AT&T (the system I am still on) info?? In my Phone Info, my software is Treo650 1.15-CNB and Firmware 01.31. Can anyone advise me?

Also, can't seem to find a fix, if there is one, for ending up at the end of my contact list whenever making a change in contacts on the Treo. This is such a pain after using Palms forever and being returned to my last contact info.

Is there a fix for the lack of volume in the earpiece?

Thank you in advance for your assistance, hopefully one day I'll know enough to pay it forward!

SW
    Nice username

You have the latest firmware so there is no need to update. I do doubt however that your phone is unlocked. Based on the firmware you have (like mine) you have the AT&T (Cingular Blue) version of the Treo which means that it will work with an AT&T SIM but not a Cingular SIM, Tmobile, etc.

I've heard something about the contacts issue before but not sure how to reproduce it. I edited one of my contacts, click done and am returned to that contact but perhaps it's something else.

Lack of volume in the earpiece...VolumeCare www.gotreosoftware.com
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Thank you so much for your response, (and compliment.. username is a fun one

I'm pretty sure my 650 is unlocked, to check I just put my husband's cingular SIM card in my phone and it made a call for me. If it is actually unlocked, will that make a diff in my firmware etc..?

Friend has the same prob with contact list, will look more for a fix, thank you for heads up on the volume issue.

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Nice username

You have the latest firmware so there is no need to update. I do doubt however that your phone is unlocked. Based on the firmware you have (like mine) you have the AT&T (Cingular Blue) version of the Treo which means that it will work with an AT&T SIM but not a Cingular SIM, Tmobile, etc.

I've heard something about the contacts issue before but not sure how to reproduce it. I edited one of my contacts, click done and am returned to that contact but perhaps it's something else.

Lack of volume in the earpiece...VolumeCare www.gotreosoftware.com
    If your husband's CNG SIM worked in your phone then it is unlocked. The firmware won't make a difference and you have the latest. The CNG firmware puts some additional favorites and stuff you don't want/need anyway so you're good to go as is (minus volumecare for the volume issue of course). Have fun!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5.    #5  
    Thank you again! Got the Vol Care and Dim Stop the other nite.. appreciate the heads up!

Cheers!