1.    #1  
    Anyone knows the differences between T-Mobile VPN vs T-Mobile Internet?

I am suppose to have T-Mobile Internet, I notice that it always try that first, cancel, and then connect via T-Mobile VPN.

Rick
    No practical difference. Same $20.00 for both. I have VPN and use it with SnapperMail to work with Exchange 2003 and Outlook Email. I also periodically see my Treo 600 try T-M0 Internet (unsuccessfuly) and then successfully connect to T-Mo VPN. Dont know why it happens either.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidk6235
    <snip> ... I also periodically see my Treo 600 try T-M0 Internet (unsuccessfuly) and then successfully connect to T-Mo VPN. Dont know why it happens either.
    Try changing you initial preference settings at the network to T-Mo VPN. The initial default is the first one which is T-Mo Internet and the fall back is the T-Mo VPN for the T-Mo Internet, that's why your connection cycles through.
    If you signed up for T-Mo Internet only and you are trying to connect to your corporate email which may requre a fix IP then you need T-Mo's VPN.
    T-Mo VPN dies not give you a fixed ("the same") IP address, but it does give you a real DHCP IP address.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  5.    #5  
    Ah, I see... Thanks. I like a real DHCP address better.

I've using the preference to avoid the cycling. I even use filez to delete the other records. A reboot clears that and resets it.

Now that I know it is a real DHCP, I prefer that.

Thanks, Guys.
    Ok what is VPN?
    Virtual Private Network. Although I have no idea why T-Mo is using the term. Doesn't really make sense in the context. It sounds to me like the difference between T-Mo Internet and T-Mo VPN is that T-Mo Internet does not get you a public IP address, while VPN does. However this is not the proper usage of the term "VPN."
    Touchscreens are a fad.