1.    #1  
    i was actually surprised.. i asked the customer service rep like 3 times and she kept saying yes we can cover the phone, and i checked online and i am being charged for insurance.... do you think they'll honor it? Am at the advantage figuring they will most likely continue to charge me until i actually file a claim. Then try to dump me...I'm assuming i can get atleast 1 replacement treo should somethign happen to mine. Or do you think cingular would really try to **** me over.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ I don't know, but I've been told MULTIPLE times from MANY individuals that Cingular will not insure the T650 or any "higher-priced" smartphone for that matter.

Be sure to let us know what happens when you try to actually file a claim. My guess is, you’re right; they will honor it once and then dump you. Granted, you probably speak to multiple supervisors and jump through many hoops before they'll issue you a replacement device.

I, for one, wouldn't want the headache, but to each his own
    I would not trust the Cingular CSR. Do yourself a favor and call the 3rd party insurance carrier and see what they say. You will get burned...
    If you try to file a claim, you will find that you have no such coverage, you might get your premiums back, but you won't get a replacement Treo. Cingular does not cover Treos'.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I called Lock-Line (the company that provided Cingular's insurance) to ask them about this recently and was told that while they would insure the Moto Razr now they still would not insure the Treo. I even asked for a reason as the policy is supposedly good up to $1200 for your phone and accessories and Treos, while pricey, are well under that. All I got for an answer was "We do not insure Treos".

You might want to check and see if you really have coverage. Lock-Line's phone number is 888-562-8662.

Good luck.
    Make April 15th just another day. Fairtax
    an insurance policy is a contract between you and the insurance company. this contact states it does not cover treos. so i am guessing they will deny any treo claim. maybe you get the premiums back and maybe you dont. later.
    i was in a cingular store today, trying to convince the guy to give me as good a deal as i have with sprint, and i was told that they don't insure pdas. i kept repeating that sprint gives me insurance on my 600 for $5/month, but that got me nowhere.
    Personal Article Property... If you have a home (or some car insurance) you can get this.. It'll cover personal articles that aren't covered elsewhere, such as cameras, laptops, PDAs, phones, etc.. And it's MUCH cheaper, something like $3 per $1000 a month.

On my home insurance, my cameras, laptops, and Treo cost me about $15 a month I think it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Personal Article Property... If you have a home (or some car insurance) you can get this.. It'll cover personal articles that aren't covered elsewhere, such as cameras, laptops, PDAs, phones, etc.. And it's MUCH cheaper, something like $3 per $1000 a month.

On my home insurance, my cameras, laptops, and Treo cost me about $15 a month I think it is.
    Ive been preaching about these policies for a while now, theyre fantastic. I insure a TON of gadgetry with a Personal Articles Policy. Thankfully, i havent had to use it yet
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Doesn't Sprint use Lock-Line? Why the difference in the two carriers if both use the same insurance company?
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    Ive been preaching about these policies for a while now, theyre fantastic. I insure a TON of gadgetry with a Personal Articles Policy. Thankfully, i havent had to use it yet
    How does this insurance work? Does it cover theft, loss and accidental damage. What happens, the insurance company writes you a check for the replacement value (is this the full price, not the cell carrier discounted price) and you buy a new Treo?
    Palm Professional --> Palm III --> Visor Edge --> Treo 90 --> Sprint Treo 650