Global Posts
    493 Global Posts
    Hi all, I've searched the forums but I couldn't find an exact answer.

I just bought a Locked Cingluar Treo 650. It doesnt come with any software but I have a syncing cable.

Is there some software that I should download before trying to unlock the phone remotely? Where do I download the software?

For example, with Windows Mobile you need to download activesync to get your comp talking to the phone, any similar app I need to get for my Treo 650?

I also want to just unlock the phone. Do I need any software installed on my PC before I use a remote unlocking service?

Thank you in advance,
    Chris
    Global Posts
    493 Global Posts
    ttt guys, please I need an answer, I want to setup my treo tonight.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    in order to unlock you donot need any software....but you do need one to connect your treo to your pc like activesync or may be hotsync it's called palm desktop software...go to www.palm.com and search or look under help you will see all the details...
    Are you talking about unlocking the phone to use with your TMobile SIM card? Or are you talking about unlocking the phone just in general? Please calrify your question, so someone can answer your question correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by chr1sny
    Hi all, I've searched the forums but I couldn't find an exact answer.

I just bought a Locked Cingluar Treo 650. It doesnt come with any software but I have a syncing cable.

Is there some software that I should download before trying to unlock the phone remotely? Where do I download the software?

For example, with Windows Mobile you need to download activesync to get your comp talking to the phone, any similar app I need to get for my Treo 650?

I also want to just unlock the phone. Do I need any software installed on my PC before I use a remote unlocking service?

Thank you in advance,
    Chris
    You never lived until you almost died!
    Global Posts
    493 Global Posts
    unlocking my phone to use with my tmobile sim on tmobile..

But I guess unlocking it in general wouldn't be too bad.
    Okay, you will need to get the unlock code from Cingular in order to unlock the phone to use with Cingular. OR, you can send your phone out to someone on Ebay to unlock it for you. There maybe someone on here that can also help you out.
    You never lived until you almost died!
    Go to www.unlockcellular.com, go to services, and choose their Treo 650 option. There is a promotion code floating around TreoCentral somewhere that will give you $5 off. Their instructions are well put, and there are many that have had good experiences (haven't heard any bad).
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    I've unlocked two Treo 650 (cingular) with unlockcellular.com also and currently using it with T-Mobile. works great. You do NEED to have a the original cd and hotsync cable to install.
    Global Posts
    493 Global Posts
    Thanks for all your help guys, I feel like such a newbie for having asked the above questions...