1.    #1  
    I'm in the process of dumping my Sprint Treo and going with an unlocked one I bought from E-bay. I'll be using it with T-Mo's prepaid voice plan, and I'm trying to figure out the deal with data, which I won't use much.

Is the free T-zones plan useful at all for checking Pop3 e-mail or using Blazer (I know there's some configuring for a proxy server involved), or do I need to step up to one of the paid t-zones plans?

Thanks!

Tracey
    hi, ive been using my treo 600 to go to different websites and i havent signed up for any of the tzones plans, havent had any problems yet. and ive been able to set up my gmail accts to send and receive mail. im still trying to find a good free IM program to use aol

HTH
    I hate to sound like the noob I am, but I have not been able to do this with my 650. Everytime I try to get online, the splash screen says "connecting to Tmobile VPN", signing on--and then cancels. This is the same plan I had with my Nokia 3660, and I connected fine with it. Any suggestion would be appreceiated
    Quote Originally Posted by MsButterfli
    hi, ive been using my treo 600 to go to different websites and i havent signed up for any of the tzones plans, havent had any problems yet. and ive been able to set up my gmail accts to send and receive mail. im still trying to find a good free IM program to use aol

HTH
    Verichat is a free program (hacked by somebody). I have also been able to access TZones without paying a dime. I also use PDAConnect with my laptop to browse the internet. The only downside I have is that I can only connect at 57.6kbps. But, believe me...I dont complain.
    You never lived until you almost died!
  5.    #5  
    Ms. Butterfli and IceMike, can you tell me whether you had to implement some kind of workaround to get to anything with T-Zones? I can connect to the T-zones network, but I can't do anything with it, probably because of port blocking. I use Eudora for mail, and it doesn't have a port setting. Neither does Blazer, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceMike
    Verichat is a free program (hacked by somebody). I have also been able to access TZones without paying a dime. I also use PDAConnect with my laptop to browse the internet. The only downside I have is that I can only connect at 57.6kbps. But, believe me...I dont complain.

i got that verichat too. good program..haha.
    i pay 4.99 plan for tzones. my bill got delayed so idk how much im really paying. all i know if that my network is set on tzones.

i got 4.99 tzones and unlimited text.
    comes out to 20 about. same stuff as the sidekick.
    Quote Originally Posted by tmccartney66
    Ms. Butterfli and IceMike, can you tell me whether you had to implement some kind of workaround to get to anything with T-Zones? I can connect to the T-zones network, but I can't do anything with it, probably because of port blocking. I use Eudora for mail, and it doesn't have a port setting. Neither does Blazer, apparently.
    did u call tmobile and tell them to hive u the tzones? they need to add it to ur plan.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dport
    did u call tmobile and tell them to hive u the tzones? they need to add it to ur plan.
    I'll do that. I was trying to do it with the free T-zones.

Thanks,

Tracey
  9.    #9  
    Update: Just called T-Mobile, and the rep told me that they don't have any internet plans available to those who aren't getting a monthly bill (like me - I have prepaid).

Tracey