1.    #1  
    So I called up cingular and signed up for unlimited media.net (it's free for the first month if you sign up before the 26th).
    I tested to make sure I can receive calls while connected using the cingular GPRS connection in net prefs and it appears to work fine.

So does anyone else use this? the .net unlimited plan seems to be the same as unlimited internet except $20 cheaper. Can I just leave it online 24/7 and IM and be able to receive and make calls okay? Is that a resonable expectation? Has anyone experienced hidden fees with cingular .net unlimited?

I just want to be sure and hear some user experiences as a friend of mine just got a $1200 data bill from cingular (no data plan!)

I was using a dialup ISP and CSD but this seems much faster.

Also, does anyone know of any programs to send text via tcp/ip? I know there are websites that do it ... I'm wondering if anyone has adapted a palm specific program. That way I could send for free and reserve my 200/texts a month for receiving.
    Have you tried using any of the free web-based SMS sites? I would think they should work with Blazer but haven't tried.
    Yes, I'm using the same unlimited MediaNet plan you are, leaving it on for extended periods of time. No surprises.
    I never "turn off" data with cingular MEdia unlimited plan. Use the wap.cingular apn (NOT isp.cingular) and you should be fine.

Todd/Indy
  5.    #5  
    I just have two connections
    Cingular GPRS and Cingular CSD

GPRS appears to use wap@cing...

So I should be okay right?
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am
    I just have two connections
    Cingular GPRS and Cingular CSD

GPRS appears to use wap@cing...

So I should be okay right?
    Yep, Cingular GPRS is the one you want. It uses the same access path, password, etc as MediaNet. MediaNet and Cingular GPRS are the same thing. Potato and potato. (actually, that's not such a good example in writing, is it?)