1.    #1  
    We use the Treo 650 with Cingular service in our company, but today my manager asked me could we get a treo without having service activated to it, and then we would ship it to Columbia and have it activated with a service provider there (not sure which one though ) . I'm not sure why but thats what they want, and I read a headline about unlocked treos and the price being dropped. Is this what I am looking for?
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Yes. You can get an unbranded, unlocked treo from PalmOne's web site without a service contract. That will work with a SIM chip from any GSM service provider. As long as the service provider you want to use in Columbia is GSM then you should be fine.

HTH,
    Brett
    You could also buy a cingular locked phone on ebay for a lot less money and then go to unlockcellular.com and pay $19.99 to have it unlocked. You then can use it on any GSM network with a local SIM card. I used the service on my Cingular phone and it worked great. If you go to unlockcellular.com type in the promo code treocentral for a $5.00 discount.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    If You Buy From Ebay You Wont Get A Warranty And This Phone Has Issues Fyi