Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    What data plan are you using ?? The only ones I see are for the Blackberry's that have the combined voice and unlimited data. Thanks for any info. God Bless.
    I use the unlimited data plan for $19.99
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Where on T-mobile website is the unlimited $19.99 data plan ??
    pick a minute plan and a phone...after this is when you select packages like mms and sms and tzones....there is a tmobile internet one
    I have the $10 t-zones plan and i don't have any problems...

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I have an unlocked GSM on T-Mo, and I have the old "T-Zones Unlimited" plan, now called T-MobileWeb for $5.99. You can get POP3 or IMAP email, I use Exchange ActiveSync with SSL to get my corp email, VeriChat (special T-Zones build) all work just fine on this plan!

If you want to try the proxy server route, you can also get web access to sites other than T-Zones... do a search here for the details.

T-Mo and Treo are a great combination!
    I have the 19.99 plan (but I use my treo as a modem for my laptop when I stay at hotels that dont have data access) and I have the unlimited messages option. My voice plan is 39.99 for 600 anytime and unlimited nights/and weekends. No extra charge for long distance. since most of my calls are done at night (I work odd hours) I have never even come close to going over the anytime minutes. I hardly ever run in to an area where I don't have a signal, and the customer service I have received so far has been great. I was with t-mo prior to getting my 650 using the same plans as I am using now with a motorola v300 then a v600 and now the treo.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I was on the $19.99 plan, today I thought I would try to switch to T-Zones and only found a T-Zones $9.99 plan. And a T-Mo Web plan for $5.99. After deleting the $19.99 and going back, I found it wasn't an option anymore. I think since T-Zones doesn't seem to be working for me, I'll call up Cust Serv and add the $19.99 plan back.
    Treo 650 & T-Mobile
    I have the $19.99 unlimited Internet plan. Last night I saw the price on T-Mobile's web site went up to $29.99 for the same unlimited plan. I guess the price increase is to help pay for the EDGE rollout.
    The plan has always been $29.99. They give you a $10.00 discount when you have a voice plan of $29.99 or higher making the data plan $19.99.
    So when I got my data only plan (without voice plan for a PC EDGE card) "T-Mobile Internet Plan" I was paying the $30, wheras people with a voice plan will get it as an "T-Mobile Internet Add-On Plan" for $20. Same plan, though.
    It's buried down in this page here:
    http://www.t-mobile.com/services/internet/overview.asp
    (Yeah it's not obvious.) Cingular has the same thing, they have a $45 PDA plan, but you get $5 off for having a $40 or greater voice plan.

Why can't these carriers just wise up and put all of the damn data plans one one simple menu?
    Last edited by taylorh; 09/15/2005 at 01:16 AM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I have the 19.99 plan as well,I also use my Treo as a modem for the times when I travel and there's no net access.
    I believe the 29.99 is the price if you don't have it as an add on to a voiceplan,and at that price also includes some text messages,and voice calls are something like .20 per minute.Whereas with the 19.99 plan,if you don't already have txt messaging added to your plan and you use it,it would be billed per use if you don't have one of their "value bundles".
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Well, I cancelled the Unlimited Internet $19.99 and added the T-Mo Web for $5.99. I seem to have all the same functions, how can I make sure I'm not being charged for data? In Preferences, my Network Service selection is "T-Zones", so I think I should be ok? It would be amazing if I could have the same services for $14 less a month. (And irritating that I paid an extra $14 for 9 months)

Quote Originally Posted by jekswang
    I was on the $19.99 plan, today I thought I would try to switch to T-Zones and only found a T-Zones $9.99 plan. And a T-Mo Web plan for $5.99. After deleting the $19.99 and going back, I found it wasn't an option anymore. I think since T-Zones doesn't seem to be working for me, I'll call up Cust Serv and add the $19.99 plan back.
    Treo 650 & T-Mobile
    Well, I cancelled the Unlimited Internet $19.99 and added the T-Mo Web for $5.99. I seem to have all the same functions, how can I make sure I'm not being charged for data? In Preferences, my Network Service selection is "T-Zones", so I think I should be ok? It would be amazing if I could have the same services for $14 less a month. (And irritating that I paid an extra $14 for 9 months)
    For one thing, T-Mobile doesn't charge for data. All plans are unlimited, there is no such thing as pay per use data on T-Mobile like the other carriers. So you're safe.

T-Zones is not the same as T-Mobile internet. T-Zones blocks port 80 so web browsers can't use T-Zones unless you use the proxy server setting 216.155.165.050 port 8080 (that's the T-Zones proxy that the wap cell phones use.)
    I've heard of people subscring to T-Mobile internet, then canceling and subscribing to T-Zones somehow opens port 80 up for them. Don't know if that's what happened to you if it's not blocked. ALso some people that got T-Zones long ago before they started blocking port 80 have port 80 open.
    In which case if port 80 is open, the only difference is $14.

Even if port 80 is closed, the proxy setting is a an inconvenience that most people can live with. It just may interfere with other programs if they use port 80 and don't have a proxy setting (such as IM apps, but I don't know that they use port 80, just a random example)
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    For one thing, T-Mobile doesn't charge for data. All plans are unlimited, there is no such thing as pay per use data on T-Mobile like the other carriers. So you're safe.

T-Zones is not the same as T-Mobile internet. T-Zones blocks port 80 so web browsers can't use T-Zones unless you use the proxy server setting 216.155.165.050 port 8080 (that's the T-Zones proxy that the wap cell phones use.)
    I've heard of people subscring to T-Mobile internet, then canceling and subscribing to T-Zones somehow opens port 80 up for them. Don't know if that's what happened to you if it's not blocked. ALso some people that got T-Zones long ago before they started blocking port 80 have port 80 open.

Even if port 80 is closed, the proxy setting is a an inconvenience that most people can live with. It just may interfere with other programs if they use port 80 and don't have a proxy setting (such as IM apps, but I don't know that they use port 80, just a random example)

The settings difference between T-Zones and T-Mobile internet:

T-Mobile Internet:
    APN Name: internet2.voicestream.com
    User name and password: blank

T-Zones:
    APN Name: wap.voicestream.com
    http://www.t-mobile.com/help/service...onfigother.asp
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I don't know about that... back in December when I first got my Treo, there was a $4.46 charge for 1.4893mb "Home GPRS UC" I was switching around with T-Mo Internet and T-Zones so I'm not sure if I was on either plan at the time. I think I was on T-Zones.
    Right now my connection is thru T-Zones and this proxy: 216.155.165.050 port 8080. And I have access to everything that I used to with T-Mo internet.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorh

The settings difference between T-Zones and T-Mobile internet:

T-Mobile Internet:
    APN Name: internet2.voicestream.com

T-Zones:
    APN Name: wap.voicestream.com
    http://www.t-mobile.com/help/service...onfigother.asp
    Treo 650 & T-Mobile
    I don't know about that... back in December when I first got my Treo, there was a $4.46 charge for 1.4893mb "Home GPRS UC" I was switching around with T-Mo Internet and T-Zones so I'm not sure if I was on either plan at the time. I think I was on T-Zones.
    Right now my connection is thru T-Zones and this proxy: 216.155.165.050 port 8080. And I have access to everything that I used to with T-Mo internet.
    I had never heard of pay per used data on T-Mobile except for international or international users on the US network. Maybe it's a "feature" that they don't advertise and typically don't put on accounts but somehow you ended up with it. Good to know though (so I don't spread more misinformation.)

Yup, with the proxy it should be the same. That's it, you just have to use the proxy to get around port 80.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    I am using my new unlocked T650 on Tmo with the $4.99 Tzones unlimited plan. I have the proxy configured for port 8080 so I have EDGE speeds in St. Louis. My Verichat somehow detects that I am using Tzones (it used to not), so it can access no problem. No reason at all for light internet-users like myself to spend more than that for internet through Tmo.

On a side note, I've had Tmo for a long time. Back when I first paid for Tzones (I think it was technically still free to those who knew how to get it), there was a MB limit. I went over it a little bit each month and ended up paying like $3 extra each month on top of the $4.99. This was using a Motorola C332, I believe. Just thought I would throw that into the ring.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    Hi guys, quick question, will the data service work with any unlocked 650 or does it have to be a new unbranded from Palm, the dealer said something like that to me. Also if I want to go online now and then, and maybe access my brokers site at times, and only access some yahoo or gmail, e-mails. What plan should I chose.

Thanks micael
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    jmicaelk: T-Mo's data plans work with any GSM unlocked 650, don't let that dealer mislead you. If that's all you need, then get the $6 T-Zones plan and use the T-Mo proxy.

I use Chatter (excellent email program, BTW - far superior to VersaCrash) for email, VeriChat for IM, Blazer & Xiino for web browsing, etc. and they all connect fine through T-Mo data.

Good luck!
    Thanks Jasper2k for the info, so with the proxy I should be able to reach some sites, such as TDWaterhouse.com and some other sites I might want to read.

Micael
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast