Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Folks, please, know the type of phone you have and do not use any of these custom ROM's for locked GSM, or CDMA phones. You could kill your phone/PDA.

Here are links to download the GSM, unlocked, v 1.28 custom ROM's. Also is a link for the full v.128, untouched and ready for your own customizing.

GSM Cust 1 - no Tutorial, all languages removed except English, Realplayer gone.
    http://tinyurl.com/83whw or http://tinyurl.com/7zo2j

GSM Cust 2 - same as above and also no Versamail.
    http://tinyurl.com/8b98o or http://tinyurl.com/9wvwu

Versamail files removed - both GSM and Cingular, sans suffix differences:
    MMConduit.bprc, MMConduit_enUS.oprc, MMConfigFPI.bprc, MMConfigFPI_enUS.oprc, MMHtmlPlugin.bprc
    MMHtmlPlugin_enUS.oprc, MMMailTo.bprc, MMMailTo_enUS.oprc, MMNotify.bprc, MMNotify_enUS.oprc
    MMPhotos.bprc, MMPhotos_enUS.oprc, MMPluginMGR.bprc, MMPluginMGR_enUS.oprc, MMPRCPlugin.bprc
    MMPRCPlugin_enUS.oprc, MMSDCard.bprc, MMSDCard_enUS.oprc, MMSmartAdd.bprc, MMSmartAdd_enUS.oprc
    MMTextPlugin.bprc, MMTextPlugin_enUS.oprc, MMUnzipPlugin.bprc, MMUnzipPlugin_enUS.oprc, MMVCal.bprc, MMVCal_enUS.oprc, MMVCardPlugin.bprc, MMVCardPlugin_enUS.oprc, MMWave.bprc, MMWave_enUS.oprc
    MMWizard.bprc, MMWizard_enUS.oprc, MMWordPlugin.bprc, MMWordPlugin_enUS.oprc, Multimail.prc, Multimail_enUS.prc,
    GSM only - MMservers_crow.prc, PalmVMFontLibrary.prc, PalmVMFontLibrary_enUS.prc

GSM Full Uncustomized ROM - ready for you own customizing - nothing removed.
    http://tinyurl.com/9b3gl or http://tinyurl.com/apgh2

As with any customizing of a ROM, use at your own risk. No files have been added to the above. I use #1, with additions and works beautifully.

Folks, please, know the type of phone you have and do not used any of the above custom ROM's for locked GSM, or CDMA phones. You could kill your phone/PDA.

Thanks to Mr. B*** and LP*****. Kudo to A********* for providing the original, full v.128 ROM and to M***** for making these links avail for all.

Some extra needed and useful tools/files.

Here are some SD card install instructions, which is what these GSM and Cingular ROM's can use.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=90112

Here is the ROM file list that you can reference regarding removed files, and/or removing/customizing your own ROM.
    http://tinyurl.com/braj3

Here is the shadowmite link for his customizing tool. Remember, always double click to add or remove specific files once you have loaded ALL the files from the ace-palmos.zip If you do not double click your deletion or addition will not get into or out of the boot.conf, and then will not show, or disappear from your custom ROM!
    http://shadowmite.com/T650Tool.zip

Folks, please, know the type of phone you have and do not use any of these custom ROM's for other than Cingular US phones.

Kudo to N.T. for providing the original, full v. 1.15, un'exe'd ROM.

Ciao,

Maria
    Last edited by lovecostarica; 09/15/2005 at 07:14 PM.
    First, sorry for the double post. I didnt realize there was another thread for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by lovecostarica
    Cingular Cust 2 - same as above, and no Versamail.
    http://tinyurl.com/btkcu
    I have a couple questions about file that were left in this ROM. In the MasterFileDescriptionList I got from Shadowmite's site it claims that the following files are related to Versamail, yet they were left in your ROM. Is there a reason for this, or can they be removed as well?

_MMServers_CNGW.cpdb
    AirSAM.bprc
    AirSAM_enUS.oprc
    AirSAMprv.bprc
    AirSAMprv_enUS.oprc
    SAMgr.bprc
    SAMgr_enUS.oprc

Also, I assume that GetGood.prc and GetMail.prc are associated with GetGood, have you tested removing these? Finally, the MasterFileDescriptionList describes PalmVMFontLibrary.bprc, PalmVMFontLibrary_enUS.oprc as being associated with Multimail, I assume these can be removed as well, correct?

Thanks for all your work putting these up for everyone!
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Which ROM should I be looking at? I have a Cingular branded treo but it has been code unlocked. Should I go with the ROW or Cingular ROM?

EDIT: Durrr, just saw the other thread. MOVE ALONG, NOTHING TO SEE HERE.
    What are the benefits of this over 1.13?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    First, sorry for the double post. I didnt realize there was another thread for this one.

I have a couple questions about file that were left in this ROM. In the MasterFileDescriptionList I got from Shadowmite's site it claims that the following files are related to Versamail, yet they were left in your ROM. Is there a reason for this, or can they be removed as well?

_MMServers_CNGW.cpdb
    AirSAM.bprc
    AirSAM_enUS.oprc
    AirSAMprv.bprc
    AirSAMprv_enUS.oprc
    SAMgr.bprc
    SAMgr_enUS.oprc

Also, I assume that GetGood.prc and GetMail.prc are associated with GetGood, have you tested removing these? Finally, the MasterFileDescriptionList describes PalmVMFontLibrary.bprc, PalmVMFontLibrary_enUS.oprc as being associated with Multimail, I assume these can be removed as well, correct?

Thanks for all your work putting these up for everyone!
    Taking the conservative road, Air/Sam files have been left in because the may also be linked to "Exchange and or Versamail", not singularly Versamail.

If you want to remove Multimail, you can give it a go. I use number one (GSM unlocked), and have not played around with Multimail.

PalmVMFontLibrary.bprc and PalmVMFontLibrary_enUS.oprc are already removed.

I do know some folks who have yanked Getgood and been happy with the removal.

Maria
    Last edited by lovecostarica; 09/13/2005 at 04:42 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by novon
    What are the benefits of this over 1.13?

Many posts re: benefits of upgrading. Check out the original ROM upload thread, and othertopics re: the subject.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=90532
    Thanks for your help so far. One last question, do you know a max size for the ROM? Can the measurement in Shadowmites tool be trusted? Thanks!
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for your help so far. One last question, do you know a max size for the ROM? Can the measurement in Shadowmites tool be trusted? Thanks!
    At the max, my opinion only, at a max, put in what you take out. I like to keep the size smaller, so I have plenty of room to spare, and thus no worries about having little RAM/dbcache left.

Shadowmites tool, and the size issue for the Tool, as I remember is specific for Sprint phones only. So, using the 'put in what you take out' as a max, you are safe. Keeping it smaller is certainly more safe.

Maria
    But part of the reason for creating a custom ROM is to fill the space that is reserved and essentiall "used" for the ROM already. I'll give it a go with a couple differnet ROMs and report back my results. I know that if you try to load one that is too large it will give you an error and not install.
    When I put my SD card, it gives me an error message, "Cannot find the operation application." What do you think is causing this error? It shows the "Treo650 Release" in the background, but the error prevents me from choosing that option to update.

FYI, I currently have FW1.31 and Treo650-1.13ROW. I was installing the Cingular 1.15 software.
  11.    #11  
    Check your ROM package and make sure you have a start.prc in the Palm directory.

If not then re-download the ROM.

I know some folks mix the flashing (GSM - CNG ROMs), but I have not. Your phone needs to be unlocked prior to using any of these roms. I can't recommend mix flashing, as I have no experience there.

M
    Yes, there is a start.prc in the Palm directory.

I even re-downloaded the Cingular #2 custom ROMs and did a new custom ROM, placed it in a blank SD card, and it did the same thing. It's as if it's trying to look at something else.

FYI, I unlocked my phone after I upgraded the firmware to 1.31.
    As im completing my ROM i noticed that the Palm\DeviceCustomizer\ dir shows a dir called Treo650.ROW. Shouldnt it be Treo650.CNG since this is a cingular ROM?
    As im completing my ROM i noticed that the Palm\DeviceCustomizer\ dir shows a dir called Treo650.ROW. Shouldnt it be Treo650.CNG since this is a cingular ROM?
    I was wondering about that, too. Why would it be labeled ROW when it is a CNG software?
  15.    #15  
    Yup. You are correct.
    Yup. You are correct.
    So, is the posting incorrect?
    Yup. You are correct.
    So, should it be changed to .CNG?
    excuse this dumb question but...before you do either a version one or version 2 change, do you hard reset the phone to get it back to zero and then install the new update to rid the rom of real player, etc. then begin to add in the programs/software you like. for instance my phone is an unlocked gsm bought from palm one with the current firmware update. do i hard reset and then upload this new update?

thanks

alan
    So, should it be changed to .CNG?
    Well I'll try renaming the files and see what happens.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by novfilms
    excuse this dumb question but...before you do either a version one or version 2 change, do you hard reset the phone to get it back to zero and then install the new update to rid the rom of real player, etc. then begin to add in the programs/software you like. for instance my phone is an unlocked gsm bought from palm one with the current firmware update. do i hard reset and then upload this new update?

thanks

alan
    No hard reset. See the SD card install instructions link.

Novfilms and Antelope:

Since it is not flashing for you, do not try and force it by modifying file nemes, hard resets, etc. The flash should be a pretty smooth process.

I will check into why you are having these issues and get back to you, hopefully during the weekend. It is Independence Day here (Costa Rica), and schedules are pretty tied up.

Please advise what type phone you have and if unlocked, and what current version SW/FW.

M
    Last edited by lovecostarica; 09/15/2005 at 08:32 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast