Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For the last two weeks, my GPRS service in these areas has been erractic at best. I am wondering if Cingular is having problems because of the hurricane. Any thoughts?

John
    Have you tried calling Cingular to verify if they're having network issues in your area? Their data support team should be able to easilly tell you if they are. If they're not you can report your troubles and get a ticket opened.
    I'm having issues here too. Durham NC. I will frequently lose the little grey triangle that indicates data's available, not to mention my green arrows indicating that I'm connected. I've found that soft reseting the phone seems to help, but it's damned annoying.
    I've had the same data issues here in Coastal SC too but only for the last couple of days. Soft reset or turning the phone radio off and on works. I'm going to give them a call today to see if I can get it resolved.
    Customer service told me that there were network issues in SC right now and should be cleared within 24 to 48 hours.

Hopefully WV and NC will be cleared as well.
    I called and they told me there were problems in Austin and Houston and that there was no ETA. It has already been at least two days. I asked about a credit and the CS rep said she could credit me for the two days. I said will if it is out a week I will have to remember to call again and get another credit, so I will wait until it is working.
    I've also been without data service in TX for two days. Spoken to CS at least 5 or 6 times. They have no idea when it will be back up.
    I've had connection problems for the past 2-3 days and have called CC 3 times today. Each time they said there are no issues in my area. Sometimes a soft reset or phone cycle will help, but not always.
    Update from my previous post....

Back up and running as of this morning. Made my now routine call to CS and found a very helpful soul named Katrina. She said the network has been back up for sometime now. A few minor changes in my network preferences and I'm humming along now!
    Quote Originally Posted by cgachuck
    Update from my previous post....

Back up and running as of this morning. Made my now routine call to CS and found a very helpful soul named Katrina. She said the network has been back up for sometime now. A few minor changes in my network preferences and I'm humming along now!
    What changes did you make in your prefs?
    I'm getting "Network Wait" message in Chatter. I'm really getting frustrated - it's been a full week with problems. I can't seem to sign on at all...
    I just got an error saying "Error: 0x400B" but there was something else about not being able to sign on before.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanc2
    What changes did you make in your prefs?
    Please do not take this as any sort of professional advice. This is what the Cingular CS rep had me do.

Preferences -> Network -> settings should be...
    Connection: GPRS
    User Name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    APN: wap.cingular

If this doesn't work call Cingular CS and ask for the data department. Tell them you cannot get a GPRS connection and demand they help you with your network settings. Don't let them try a bunch of other useless junk.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgachuck
    Please do not take this as any sort of professional advice. This is what the Cingular CS rep had me do.

Preferences -> Network -> settings should be...
    Connection: GPRS
    User Name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    APN: wap.cingular

If this doesn't work call Cingular CS and ask for the data department. Tell them you cannot get a GPRS connection and demand they help you with your network settings. Don't let them try a bunch of other useless junk.
    Everything in my setting were the same. But I re-entered the password in all uppercase and now I am working again. That is strange that they would change the password.

Thanks
    The password and user name were always upper case.
    New York Cingular customers are now experiencing GPRS data connection problems. I've been unable to connect for over 24 hours in the NYC metro area.

I opened a trouble ticket with Cingular's tech support this morning. The first CS rep I spoke with did not see any reports of network problems, but she agreed to transfer me to the tech support department for further troubleshooting. After a few minutes on hold, I was able to speek with a tech support rep who said that things were very hectic in his department due to numerous GPRS problem reports coming in from New York. He could not give me an estimated time for repairs. I was assigned a ticket #, and he told me that I would receive a call from them when things were back up and working.

Anyone else having GPRS problems in NYC?
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I was having trouble in NYC and NJ earlier today...I called Cingular CS who told me that they were having issues for data nationwide. As of 10pm, I had no data in NJ, but as of 11:30, I have data access in NYC.
    I could not connect in NYC or northern NJ since yesterday afternoon. Just checked and it is back. No changes needed to my network prefs, btw.
    I'm in the Raleigh-Durham area (actually, about 20 miles out, in the boonies), but have a sort of weird set-up. When I moved from the NorthEast, my T-Mobile connection died--- but I've never had a problem due to the free roaming. Usually, that means I see Cingular's name in the upper left corner. Lately though, it's been SunComm. Still, both data and voice signals have been constant and strong; that piggyback routine seems to guarantee a signal, no matter what. Indeed, Chatter never connected so quickly, consistently, prior to the move.

On the other hand, because hubby's Verizon connection was sporadic post-move, I killed his Verizon account and substituted Cingular. His signal has been in and out during the past week or so. (I had left Verizon a couple of years ago per their data charges and then-anemic phone lineup.)

Ironic-- who'd have thought the company with no towers in the Carolinas would be the one to provide a consistent signal, albeit by hook or by crook?!! (BTW, the only penalty via my setup = no moble-to-mobile freebies. But I don't "feel" the pain, since I've got a truckload of minutes at a great T-Mo price with fantastic customer service, plus VoIP for the "landline".)
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18
    I was having trouble in NYC and NJ earlier today...I called Cingular CS who told me that they were having issues for data nationwide. As of 10pm, I had no data in NJ, but as of 11:30, I have data access in NYC.
    My 650 has been resetting like crazy the past 48 hours. When it stays on, I get connection errors. I haven't installed anything new lately, so it must be the network??
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast