1.    #1  
    After six months of HATING my CIngular account, I learned that they never signed me up to a contract because I just got SIMS, not phones.

Excited, I went to the T-Mobile store and got back on my favorite cell company.

I got the $4.95 T-Zones. I have access to the full web when using the tmobile proxy server (getmorespeed.t-mobile.com:8080) but am not having any luch with Verichat (v. 2.23b)

Am I missing something here?
    I personally get full T-Zones web access without using a proxy, but perhaps I'm grandfathered. In fact, I can't use that proxy either.

I used to have the full internet but it appears for no reason T-Mobile deleted it when I changed my plan. Don't know why.
    -- Go Illini!
    Well T-Zones (for new subcribers anyway not counting the grandfathered people) has port 80 blocked as I think you already know. Port 80 is the port that web browsing as well as a lot of internet applications use. Email by way of comparison uses other ports that aren't blocked which is why they work without the proxy.
    But the web browse has to use the proxy on port 8080 to get to the web and work around the port 80 blockage.

So we need to find out if verichat uses port 80 to communicate to the internet. If it does, then there's no way to make it work unless you can get verichat to use a different port number or if verichat has a proxy server setting.
    I can't offer you a solution myself because a lot of people say they can use Verichat on T-Zones. But a lot of them have the old T-Zones that doesnt' block any ports.
    Do a search on this forum for: T-Zones Verichat and maybe that answer is already out there. You can even add the word 'port' to your search to try to narrow it down.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I just spoke to T-mobile and she advised me that I could not get the t-mobileweb (formerly known as t-zones) on the Treo 600 and if I wanted internet and email I would need to purchase the $20 a month t-mobile internet. I really don't want to spend an extra $20 to surf and do a little email. Does anyone know how to get the T-Zones to work? I can get it connected and it does go to the wap.myvoicestream.com page but nothing else.

thanks,
    Did you purchase it yet? On the wap.myvoicestream.com page there's a link somewhere that if you follow it offers to sign you up for $6 t-mobile web, unless that's changed. I forgot which link, but look through them, it'll be obvious. Then you click on it and it basically asks you to confirm you want to sign up, then say yes and it will.
    It'll take 1/2 to 1 hour for it to fully enable, but when it does you should be able to surf anywhere as long as you have the proxy setting set.

When you say you can't get to anything else, what do you see? Just nothing?
    I do get the confirm your order page but then I get a message that states "Notice! Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please visit My t-mobile.com to purchase this value bundle" Then I go to T-Mobile and I don't get an option to purchase it online so that is why I called them and received the above message.

thanks,
    When I was on T-Zones on my Treo 600, I had to ask PDAapps for a special T-Zones version of Verichat, and they sent it to me in an e-mail, no problem. However, I used the brand new version of Verichat with my new 650 and T-Zones with no problem. You may want to e-mail support@pdaapps.com and ask them to send you the T-Zones version if they still have it.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by dgreening
    I do get the confirm your order page but then I get a message that states "Notice! Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please visit My t-mobile.com to purchase this value bundle" Then I go to T-Mobile and I don't get an option to purchase it online so that is why I called them and received the above message.

thanks,
    Go into your My T-Mobile account page. At the top right corner it shows your phone (which should say Treo 600), with a link that says "Not your phone?" Click that link, then select some phone like the Nokia 3220 that we know accesses T-Zones. Then, go to your account's services, and VOILA! there will be an option to add T-Mobile Mobile internet (or whatever it is called) for $5.99. Add that, confirm it, and you're fine. T-Mobile doesn't have the ability to detect from your phone that you're using a data device and cancel T-Zones...so they block it out until you "tell" them that you "switched" your phone.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM