1. JKW
    I am new to this game and may be at fault here, but I can not seem to get connected to the internet on my Treo650. I get the "connecting to media net" message, then the "signing on" message, then it almost immediately says "canceling". I just activated this Cingular branded phone yesterday, and this started right away. Later in the day, it stopped with the "canceling" message and started with an error message (I can not recall today exactly what it was). After trying it again this morning it found that the immediately canceling was back and the error message is now gone. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    You might try to manually create a new connection under prefs > network, and use the settings posted in message #10 of this thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=isp.cingular

Joe
    Also might want to try turning the phone off and back on. Sometimes powercycling the phone will fix it
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  4. JKW
    Thanks for the input guys. Turns out it was a problem on Cingular's end. They took care of it, and I am good now.