Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Just trying out Tmo on my unlocked 650. Strange thing, when a voicemail comes in, I get a text messaes indicating I have voice mail? Also, there does not seem to be a voicemail indicator in the phone app. Is this normal behavior for the 650 on Tmo?

Thanks in advance.

Joe
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Hmmm.... Seems to be the norm but maybe a change is coming. It seems too easy to not know you have voicemail without the indicator to me.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=638426

Joe
    Joe,

are u new to t-mo?

This is how most of their network let u know u have a vm. this is slowly changing. U must be in an area not converted yet.

I have been converted, and you now get the reel to reel icon when u have vm available.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Yes, new to Tmo. Actually, I am with Cingular but just testing out Tmo. I talked to tech support a few minutes ago and she told me that the plan I have does not have enhanced voicemail. I got the cheapest plan just so I could test out their service. Anyway, she said that any upgrade in my plan would give me enhanced voicemail and thus the voicemail indicator instead of the text message.

Joe
    Actually, I am on T-Mo using a 650 and I do get the voicemail indicator on the phone screen. I used to only get text messages. T-Mo had sent out a v-mail to all subscribers saying that effective as of some recent date, we would no longer receive the text message and would instead get the v-mail indicator. Could it be that you don't have the latest carier profile downloaded on the 650 because you're only testing out T-Mo? When you install the Treo for the first time using desktop it goes and gets latest profile or during the last firmware upgrade for unlocked GSM.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Turns out the rep did not know what she was talking about. I am now told that Miam\Ftl area has not been converted yet. Gota wait I guess.

Joe