1.    #1  
    I just logged in to my online account manager at cingular.com, clicked on features, and noticed this:

MEdia Works (Expired 07/08/19 ) $0.00
    MEdia Works WIX (Expired 07/08/19 ) $0.00

My first reaction was to freak because it says "Expired" (past tence) not expires. But from the date I assume it won't expire for another 14 years.
    Well, no wirries. There's not a chance I'll still want the plan in 2019. By then we'll have lik 5G data and cell phone implants and stuff
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I found out after the fact that Cingular removed the MediaWorks Unlimited (grandfathered) from my account on 8/15, without any type of notice. Fortunately, a sales rep at my local Cingular store was able to put the plan back on my account. You may want to dig a little deeper.
  3.    #3  
    A word of caution. You need to confirm that the Media Works he re-added is the same unlmited data plan version (grandfathered) and not the new 5MB limit media works.
    You'll be totally screwed if the media works you think he added is not unlimited data. I've heard that once people lose it there's no way to get it back again.
    As well, over at howardforums.com this thread is also talking about the same expiration notice. So it appears to be everyone. I'm probabally going to call Cingular and make sure I still have the plan although it shows up as being on my account right now.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=686698
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Thanks for advice. This is the second time this sales rep has done this for me. The first time I wanted to change calling plans and the reps at 611 said I couldn't keep the grandfathered plan if I switched, so I went to the Cing store near my house and one of the guys there was able to switch my calling plan and keep the mediaworks unlmtd. I'll go online and check, but I'm sure if he had to give me a different plan he would have told me so.

The guys that work at this store are very knowledgeable, and have always taken care of me. The manager of the store even sold me my 650 the night before it was supposed to be available, bumping me to the front of a long wait list.

Honestly, I haven't had one negative experience dealing with them. I can't say the same about the call centers/611! Good advice anyway. Thanks.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by citymatt
    I'll go online and check, but I'm sure if he had to give me a different plan he would have told me so.
    My concern isn't that he didn't tell you it was a different plan. My concern is that he added "Media Works" thinking it's an unlimited plan when it may be the new one which is limited. In other words I'm concerned he didn't do what he thought he did. If he got you the old plan then that's awesome, he is very good and you're lucky to have that guy.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)