1.    #1  
    Hi,

I just switched to Cingular MEdia Net Unlimited Plan from AT&T, with an unlocked AT&T Treo. Thanks to everyone for clueing me in on this.

What is the Cingular SMTP Server I should put into my Snapper Mail account to send messages?

Thanks,
    Roger
    Aside from Cingular's web site listing this info....so does Snappermails:

http://www.snappermail.com/support/isp.cfm#65
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  3.    #3  
    Thanks,

I'll give it a shot.

Roger
  4.    #4  
    Nope. Sorry. Didn't work.

I'm wondering if I am describing what I'm having a problem with:

I trying to log into a Yahoo account using Snapper Mail and Cingular MediaNet connection. I can recieve but not send.

I think I might be using the wrong smtp Server (cwmx.com). But if anyone knows the settings to make this work, I would really appreciate it.
    cwmx.com
    Yep, cwmx.com should work from any Cingular phone. Make sure you are NOT trying to authenticate to it - no account or password information is needed.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Please post carrier questions to one of the carrier forums.

/moved
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerMoore
    Nope. Sorry. Didn't work.

I'm wondering if I am describing what I'm having a problem with:

I trying to log into a Yahoo account using Snapper Mail and Cingular MediaNet connection. I can recieve but not send.

I think I might be using the wrong smtp Server (cwmx.com). But if anyone knows the settings to make this work, I would really appreciate it.
    For Yahoo mail, the SMTP server is:
    smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Use your yahoo USER ID and Password
    Also, the email address you have configured in snapper must match your yahoo email address ( USER_ID@yahoo.com ) you can not use some other email address as your identity or yahoo will reject it.
    If you want to use another email address you must go in to Yahoo mail online, select options then "mail accounts" and add your personal domain email address (or whatever the other email address is) as an account. It'll verify that email address works for you then start allowing you to send email from that email address.

Oh yeah, and you must have subscribed to mail plus. But if you can get POP mail then you've obviously already done that.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    i get a 500.5.5.1 command unrecognized "starttls" error