1.    #1  
    I was getting ready to unlock my Cingular Blue Treo 650 from www.unlockcellular.com and have a question. I do not have access to a non-Cingular Blue SIM card. part of the process states to put in a known non-working SIM card. Is this required to complete the process or is the SIM card just for verification purposes that the phone is unlocked?
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I was getting ready to unlock my Cingular Blue Treo 650 from www.unlockcellular.com and have a question. I do not have access to a non-Cingular Blue SIM card. part of the process states to put in a known non-working SIM card. Is this required to complete the process or is the SIM card just for verification purposes that the phone is unlocked?

Not sure what the point of a non-working SIM card would be. Wouldn't a working SIM card from a different provider be more useful? At least then you would know the phone is, indeed, unlocked.
  3.    #3  
    Sorry.....thatr is what I meant in that a SIM card that will not work in my phone until "after" it is unlocked. I have a friend who has an ancient Cingular orange phone but it does have a SIM card like mine in it. I put it in my phone and it said the phone will not work with that SIM card. I did not know if it was because of the lock or the old phone he has.
  4.    #4  
    Just unlocked it and I am free from the chains that bind me to Cingular!
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    Just unlocked it and I am free from the chains that bind me to Cingular!
    Congrats! The value of your phone just changed for the better. I keep SIMs in my wallet for those times I get poor reception with one provider or another.