1.    #1  
    I have a client that recently purchased a Cingular Treo 650 (I myself have the Sprint PCS model). He mistakenly applied an "R" as a Quick Key for the Contacts Favorites Button in the Phone app. On my Sprint Treo 650, I can click a Delete button to remove the button, or edit the Quick Key by typing over it. On his Cingular Treo 650, the Delete button does not exist, and the Quick Key field is not editable once a key has been assigned to the button. To make matters more confusing, I looked at a completely different Cingular Treo 650 and was able to edit the Quick Key (although the Delete button was still missing). The only difference between the two Cingular Treos was that my client's shipped with the 1.15 firmware update installed, while the other Treo was recently upgrade to 1.15 manually. Any ideas on how I can delete the Quick Key?
    I have the Delete button in the Edit Favourite Button screen.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billpoly
    I have a client that recently purchased a Cingular Treo 650 (I myself have the Sprint PCS model). He mistakenly applied an "R" as a Quick Key for the Contacts Favorites Button in the Phone app. On my Sprint Treo 650, I can click a Delete button to remove the button, or edit the Quick Key by typing over it. On his Cingular Treo 650, the Delete button does not exist, and the Quick Key field is not editable once a key has been assigned to the button. To make matters more confusing, I looked at a completely different Cingular Treo 650 and was able to edit the Quick Key (although the Delete button was still missing). The only difference between the two Cingular Treos was that my client's shipped with the 1.15 firmware update installed, while the other Treo was recently upgrade to 1.15 manually. Any ideas on how I can delete the Quick Key?
    You can not delete that "Contacts" button. It is pre-set. To change the letter assigned you high-light it, then press "menu" hard key, press "E" for "edit favorites button" then hopefully you can change the assigned letter. I'm running on 1.15-CNG and that's all I do when I would like to change.
    I get it now. Yes, Contacts Quickkey is not deletable.
    Luckily, I don't have any key assigned to it. I don't want to try that now either ... in case I'm unable to change (or remove) the key assignment!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A